The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stick to writing Mumbo jumbo you’re lost in the game of baseball obviously. They have crappy hitters lots of them, HRs or nothing. The Jays have 3 against Severino already you like their chances in this one? Let’s see. Pitching has been great but if it drops off at they need to start at 30-15 to be in shape to hang on.
Utter mumbo jumbo here. Wow.

Reaction Score
I give for now. They came back yadda yadda versus crappy bullpen pitching but nonetheless they did. I’m wrong.....

For now. Still 19 hits in 36 innings keep watching.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Judge with the walk off…
Pay Me GIF

Reaction Score
That was awesome, Jays are a very easy team to hate already. Now can you build offensive momentum from this walk off, in the long run teams will pound the dirt and try and get Judge and Stanton to chase pitches and will be willing to give them a free pass, and won't be walking the guys in front of them, at least the better teams won't.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I give for now. They came back yadda yadda versus crappy bullpen pitching but nonetheless they did. I’m wrong.....

For now. Still 19 hits in 36 innings keep watching.
Romano is one of top closers in MLB. Judge fought him hard. That last pitch should have been knee-high. It was just thrown up there and was right in wheelhouse.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stick to writing Mumbo jumbo you’re lost in the game of baseball obviously. They have crappy hitters lots of them, HRs or nothing. The Jays have 3 against Severino already you like their chances in this one? Let’s see. Pitching has been great but if it drops off at they need to start at 30-15 to be in shape to hang on.

Aging like Keith Richards.

Reaction Score
Aging like Keith Richards.

Like it or not they do have crappy hitters. Great things happening as we speak let it play out. Hope I’m wrong but you can’t have that many .220 or less hitters in the lineup and keep winning. Love what’s happening now, there will be some reality if Judge and Stanton calm down.

Fun times for now.

Reaction Score
Like it or not they do have crappy hitters. Great things happening as we speak let it play out. Hope I’m wrong but you can’t have that many .220 or less hitters in the lineup and keep winning. Love what’s happening now, there will be some reality if Judge and Stanton calm down.

Fun times for now.
I would feel way better about their chances if they got rid of Hicks and Gallo at least 1 of them, would like them to get Benintendi or Mancini at the deadline.

The catchers lack of production is salvageable, because of their defense and making the pitchers more comfortable, and still produce more then Sanchez at the plate. Gleyber has been clutch and really looks like hes coming around now, playing 2B makes a difference.

The good thing is the AL isnt very strong the Astros will be the team to beat, and the Angels look good, only a matter of time till they won with Trout and Ohtani, Madden is a great manager.

I still haven't lost sight of the fact the Yankees have barely been a playoff team since adding Cole. Make no mistake about it if the Yankees dont come out of the AL its a failure, well see what happens. Im enjoying the way their playing right now you really didnt have that feeling the last 2 years.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I would feel way better about their chances if they got rid of Hicks and Gallo at least 1 of them, would like them to get Benintendi or Mancini at the deadline.

The catchers lack of production is salvageable, because of their defense and making the pitchers more comfortable, and still produce more then Sanchez at the plate. Gleyber has been clutch and really looks like hes coming around now, playing 2B makes a difference.

The good thing is the AL isnt very strong the Astros will be the team to beat, and the Angels look good, only a matter of time till they won with Trout and Ohtani, Madden is a great manager.

I still haven't lost sight of the fact the Yankees have barely been a playoff team since adding Cole. Make no mistake about it if the Yankees dont come out of the AL its a failure, well see what happens. Im enjoying the way their playing right now you really didnt have that feeling the last 2 years.
the 'fire hicks and gallo' chant is all that is left for the perennial butthurt crowd. check the comments in the ny post. war? famine? earthquake? -fire hicks and gallo. 6 train not working? needles return to needle park? fire hicks and gallo.
im mad at everrone everrwhere? fire hicks and gallo.
stock market plunge? diesel at $7? fire hicks and gallo.

not me. im keeping both.

Reaction Score
the 'fire hicks and gallo' chant is all that is left for the perennial butthurt crowd. check the comments in the ny post. war? famine? earthquake? -fire hicks and gallo. 6 train not working? needles return to needle park? fire hicks and gallo.

not me. im keeping both.
You would they both suck! Overpaid and neither clutch but let’s keep them. .215 and .190 respectfully with 5 and 4 rbi, but yeah they’ll be fine. Lol

Reaction Score

not me. im keeping both.
Do you wanna win a World Series?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yesterday, hicks had 1 rbi and gallo had 2. 1+2 =3. 3 is more runs than the other team got. yanks win. 25-9.
im certain that many posters here only exercise is jumping to conclusions.
pro tip: any activity done while holding a beer in ur hand is not exercise.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
2 hits, 5 runs. As a numbers guy, the idea of a return to the mean frightens me. Enjoy the spring, the summer is long.

Reaction Score
yesterday, hicks had 1 rbi and gallo had 2. 1+2 =3. 3 is more runs than the other team got. yanks win. 25-9.
Hicks got an RBI by not swinging at a ball 10 feet outside the strike zone round of applause. I’ll give credit to Gallo he has looked better of late, had that big insurance hr, a 2 run hr putting Yanks up 5-1.

Hitting is contagious so hopefully those 2 hit more consistently just a little bit. It’s not as if they don’t have the chance to change perception.

Reaction Score

Then there are the posters who only show up after a decent game, pretty telling. I mean both now bat .212 and .200 respectively with 7 huge rbi each. No wonder you showed up, such an impressive offensive duo. Lol

Pro tip: typing about baseball when drinking margs isn’t good for a person with little knowledge of the game!

Reaction Score
0-2, 2 ks for Gallo including with bases loaded in the 1st, and he had an error, just stating facts here.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At the moment I'd trade Hicks for a bucket of batting practice balls. For Gallo I'd want the bucket of balls and a fungo bat.

Reaction Score
0-2, 2 ks for Gallo including with bases loaded in the 1st, and he had an error, just stating facts here.
Make that 0-3, 3 ks for Gallo as I’m saying this Hicks with the high pop up.

Reaction Score
Great start from Severino tonight. I totally get that we can't expect the Yanks to perform at this level for 162 games, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it right now. When is the last time you had a starting rotation where, 1-5, you felt that night's starting pitcher gave you a chance to win the game?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Make that 0-3, 3 ks for Gallo as I’m saying this Hicks with the high pop up.
At least Gallo will mix in 30-35hrs a year and good defense… along with the S-ton of Ks. He reminds me of what I told my kid when he first started playing baseball…”swing hard in case you hit it”. I’m still trying to figure out what Hicks does for $10mil/year.

Regardless, I’m enjoying the ride so far.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am also enjoying the results and will state that the overall improvement in starting pitching and defense gives me hope that we can have some success in the postseason.

I am still however very concerned with the structure of our offense and I am convinced that Cashman has fallen hook, line and sinker on metrics that aren't as beneficial towards winning as he believes.

I go back to the late 1960's following baseball and to put it candidly, I will never be convinced that Dave Kingman would be more valuable to an offense than Rod Carew.

Reaction Score
I am also enjoying the results and will state that the overall improvement in starting pitching and defense gives me hope that we can have some success in the postseason.

I am still however very concerned with the structure of our offense and I am convinced that Cashman has fallen hook, line and sinker on metrics that aren't as beneficial towards winning as he believes.

I go back to the late 1960's following baseball and to put it candidly, I will never be convinced that Dave Kingman would be more valuable to an offense than Rod Carew.

Well stated!!! No doubt Cashman and metrics don't mix well for offense too many good hitters out there he didn't even look at. But hey, like everyone else I will enjoy the ride while it lasts. The defense is much better, the pitching has been very good and the bullpen lights out. Just scared the smoke and mirrors will find their way out if Judge and Stanton die together for a period of time.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
it's only may, but 13 back of the bombers, the sawks don't look so good.
let's ask the angling experts. hey gents! what say youse on their chances?
TNT-Gone-Fishin-Barkley-Jazz-832x447.png

yeah, me too.
heck, there ain't even a live sawks thread here. sumone should tell that hawk guy that he made a devils bargain when kansas won, and had to sacrifice his blowsox in the deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom