The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So...more issues with the offense. I am glad Sanchez is gone, but still too many hitters who can't make contact.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Cameron Maybin is annoying.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Haha…even my wife said he’s the most positive announcer she’s ever heard. Although she’s a Mets fan and is used to Keith Hernandez’s non-stop complaining…

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
mr maybin is awesome. a breath of fresh air. and, he's under 90, so we'll get to hear banter aboot life in the here and now, and not just stuff from 'back in the day' of fred flintstone cars.
and oh, the early returns look like the pen may be the best in baseball.
i hear that's a big deal lately.

Reaction Score
mr maybin is awesome. a breath of fresh air. and, he's under 90, so we'll get to hear banter aboot life in the here and now, and not just stuff from 'back in the day' of fred flintstone cars.
and oh, the early returns look like the pen may be the best in baseball.
i hear that's a big deal lately.
I agree. Maybin is great in the booth and it's nice to get a more "modern" perspective on the game. Way better than Paul O'Neill (who should have just been fired) and John Flaherty (who is just plain bad). Ruocco, Cone and Maybin are the three best on YES.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Well...39 runs in 13 games. I know offense is down this year, but the hitting is offensive.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I agree. Maybin is great in the booth and it's nice to get a more "modern" perspective on the game. Way better than Paul O'Neill (who should have just been fired) and John Flaherty (who is just plain bad). Ruocco, Cone and Maybin are the three best on YES.
ok, we agree somewhat. take flaherty and his brown suited butt and put him on a rocketship into the sun.
pauli is one of my favs cuz he actually eats food like a normal person. i expect to be there for his uni retirement day this summer.
ruocco talks too much.
cone is senile.
see? somewhat!
(i'll miss kenny. once, he was my absolute fav sports announcer. nowadays, from the garden variety of talking farm animals offered to us, i like clark kellogg.)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Michael Pineda beats the Yanks tonight.

Reaction Score
All we need is a few spot starts this season before Michael King becomes the next Ramiro Mendoza.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Great comeback today!

Led by the bottom of the lineup of course.

You can't count on the middle of the lineup to deliver. Stanton, Hicks, Gallo...and I would even throw Judge in there. I would rather see IKF up there in a pressure at bat than any of those I mentioned. Rizzo is the exception. Jury is out on Donaldson.

Reaction Score
Bullpen has been fairly amazing thus far minus Green. They’re the only reason this team is above .500. I mean the lineup is horrendous they get 6-7 hits a game. Too many holes in too many swings. Amazing to me Cashman has a job with the offense that he goes pretty much stood pat on. IKF was a nice pick up but even the starting pitching is questionable at best. Cashman is as horrendous as the offense.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Bullpen has been fairly amazing thus far minus Green. They’re the only reason this team is above .500. I mean the lineup is horrendous they get 6-7 hits a game. Too many holes in too many swings. Amazing to me Cashman has a job with the offense that he goes pretty much stood pat on. IKF was a nice pick up but even the starting pitching is questionable at best. Cashman is as horrendous as the offense.
It just feels like more of the same. The team can muster up wins over bad to average teams. But when they face a top pitcher, they get shut down and lose. They have the pitching...its the hitting that sucks. I still can't believe he added Gallo. Nice guy...good defense...bad hitter. And I am still cranky that he traded for Stanton. Clogs the DH spot and kills the salary cap.

I haven't seen anything that says this year won't be more of the same. 90 wins...wild card...early exit.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Cortes with another gem. Only hit he gave up was a two out, two run homer which was preceded by a walk after a borderline pitch that, according to K-zone and the way the ump had been calling the game up until that point, should have been strike three.

Reaction Score
I think the pitching is fine, you can't have the pen pitch 4-5 innings every day. Green can't be used in a high leverage spot of course this team couldn't figure this out last year, thats also part of the problem of having your pen go 4-5 innings, then you have to use Green in the 8th or 9th innings. Of course Cashman never is able to trade guys when their value is high.

Joey Gallo is god awful is AB arent even competitive, got Florial in AAA, Andjuar is raking in AAA, would have either of those guys over Gallo, Marwin Gonzalez and Locastro are better options then Gallo too. Gallo was a bad fit to a lineup that already struck out a ton, wouldve rather stuck with Greg Allen last year honestly. This lineup sucks ass to say the least.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Cashman is as horrendous as the offense.'
aren't you a bit early with ur perennial whine?
and, then there's this!
'The 26-year-old was a 2016 12th-round pick of the Miami Marlins but never reached the majors with the organization. In 2017, the Marlins traded King with international bonus slot money to the Yankees in exchange for Garrett Cooper and Caleb Smith.' cuz,
'King has pitched 10.2 innings this season, posting 18 strikeouts and a 0.84 ERA. He's allowed nine hits and one earned run.'
Watch: Yankees' Michael King strikes out seven consecutive batters in win over Guardians
another fine cashman deal. thanks, cash.
bombers currently tied for 2nd best record in the league. turrible.
and, oh, guardians is a dumb name for an mlb team. sounds very soccer'ish.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'Cashman is as horrendous as the offense.'
aren't you a bit early with ur perennial whine?
and, then there's this!
'The 26-year-old was a 2016 12th-round pick of the Miami Marlins but never reached the majors with the organization. In 2017, the Marlins traded King with international bonus slot money to the Yankees in exchange for Garrett Cooper and Caleb Smith.' cuz,
'King has pitched 10.2 innings this season, posting 18 strikeouts and a 0.84 ERA. He's allowed nine hits and one earned run.'
Watch: Yankees' Michael King strikes out seven consecutive batters in win over Guardians
another fine cashman deal. thanks, cash.
bombers currently tied for 2nd best record in the league. turrible.
and, oh, guardians is a dumb name for an mlb team. sounds very soccer'ish.

Cashman has been awful for a while I’m not whining just stating facts. The bullpen has been tremendous and it was nice to see Cole have a solid start.

Reaction Score
I thought Maybin was OK. He just needs to learn to relax and not feel obligated to comment after every single pitch. A little less would be more for him.

I thought it was almost the opposite with Carlos Beltran. He seemed unsure of himself and kept limiting his comments to easy platitudes about the players and their at-bats. Every now and then he offered some good insights and I wish he'd stick with those. I think both guys will improve over time as they get their confidence.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I thought Maybin was OK. He just needs to learn to relax and not feel obligated to comment after every single pitch. A little less would be more for him.

I thought it was almost the opposite with Carlos Beltran. He seemed unsure of himself and kept limiting his comments to easy platitudes about the players and their at-bats. Every now and then he offered some good insights and I wish he'd stick with those. I think both guys will improve over time as they get their confidence.
What got me was v. Detroit he was praising Miggy while a Yankee was up. The Yankee ripped a hit and the play by play guy just got words in stating that a Yankee got a hit. Maybin continued right on with the Miggy props. No commentary on the game situation.

Reaction Score
The long talked about letter from MLB to the Yankees regarding sign stealing has finally been released. Seems a bit of much ado about not a whole lot. The way the Yankees fought to not have the letter released made me think it was going to be significantly worse than what it is. They should not have fought so hard against it as it only brought more attention.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We can win all we want in the regular season, it still hides this team’s true deficiencies.

Good pitching will quiet our one-dimensional, analytical bats in the postseason. Like it does every year.

Reaction Score
We can win all we want in the regular season, it still hides this team’s true deficiencies.

Good pitching will quiet our one-dimensional, analytical bats in the postseason. Like it does every year.
Thats good enough for the front office.

Reaction Score
I am more than a bit peeved to see that tonight's Yankee game is on Apple TV. I live in California and have faithfully purchased the MLB package on DirecTV for the past twenty years or so as well as the Sports Package so that I can watch YES Network. Now that's not enough to watch my team? First the games that are on Amazon Prime, which I subscribe to, are not available out-of-market unless you purchase another MLB-TV package and now this? Just screams of greed and I refuse to continue to pay up to watch the team.

Reaction Score
I am more than a bit peeved to see that tonight's Yankee game is on Apple TV. I live in California and have faithfully purchased the MLB package on DirecTV for the past twenty years or so as well as the Sports Package so that I can watch YES Network. Now that's not enough to watch my team? First the games that are on Amazon Prime, which I subscribe to, are not available out-of-market unless you purchase another MLB-TV package and now this? Just screams of greed and I refuse to continue to pay up to watch the team.
But if you listen to Hal, how else are the board members and banks going to be happy if not for additional sources of revenue!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The team has won 9 in a row and have the best record in baseball.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
The team has won 9 in a row and have the best record in baseball.
So what do you make of that?

I’m not sold. They are beating up bad teams. And…so far they haven’t had injuries.

I like the IKF addition and the Sanchez subtraction. Defense is overall better and pitching has exceeded expectations.

I need to see them able to hit Tampa and Toronto pitching before I think they have a shot to do more than 90 wins and an early playoff exit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom