Gerrit Cole
Luis Severino
Nast Nestor

Here we go!!!!

I have total faith in the bats.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That's it? The Guardians is a dumb name?

Would you prefer the Cleveland Steamers?

Reaction Score
With the news of Chapman and Carpenter, he's my last stab at the post season roster:

2 C: Trevino, Higashioka
5 IF: Rizzo, Torres, IKF, Donaldson, DJ
6 OF: Cabrera, Bader, Judge, Hicks, Carpenter, Locastro
1 DH: Stanton

3 SP: Cole, Cortes, Severino
9 RP: Holmes, Loaisiga, Effross, Trivino, Peralta, Schmidt, German, Taillon

On a playoff roster, I just love Locastro as a PR in late innings.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
With the news of Chapman and Carpenter, he's my last stab at the post season roster:

2 C: Trevino, Higashioka
5 IF: Rizzo, Torres, IKF, Donaldson, DJ
6 OF: Cabrera, Bader, Judge, Hicks, Carpenter, Locastro
1 DH: Stanton

3 SP: Cole, Cortes, Severino
9 RP: Holmes, Loaisiga, Effross, Trivino, Peralta, Schmidt, German, Taillon

On a playoff roster, I just love Locastro as a PR in late innings.
I just feel Bader is an X factor. Heart him!!

Reaction Score
Cole needs to shove tomorrow his start will dictate this series, he needs to overcome the demons from last years start in Fenway. The pen I have no faith it’s such a mixed bag the truth is no one really has a good pen.

Reaction Score
Cole needs to shove tomorrow his start will dictate this series, he needs to overcome the demons from last years start in Fenway. The pen I have no faith it’s such a mixed bag the truth is no one really has a good pen.
I have have no faith in Cole either. Nestor is our real #1 but he's our #3.

Edit- I just saw Nestor is #2

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have have no faith in Cole either. Nestor is our real #1 but he's our #3.

Edit- I just saw Nestor is #2
I fully agree that Nestor is our #1 and personality I'm sick of Cole giving up go ahead home runs. I don't mind this too much as normally game two is if greater importance than game one in a series like this. A loss in game one magnifies the importance of the game two starter.

I think if Cole didn't worry as much about strike outs he'd be a far better pitcher. He'd also be able to last an inning or two more per game than he has been.

Reaction Score
DJ is out apparently has a fractured foot, Effross is out to gonna have TJ surgery, unreal that Peraza isn’t on the roster.

Reaction Score
DJ is out apparently has a fractured foot, Effross is out to gonna have TJ surgery, unreal that Peraza isn’t on the roster.
It's insane Peraza isn't on the roster. It's almost like they don't want to win.

Reaction Score
It's insane Peraza isn't on the roster. It's almost like they don't want to win.
I too would prefer Peraza to Marwin Gonzalez, but I don't see that much difference in what they bring to the table. Both are versatile utility guys and Gonzalez has more playoff experience under his belt.

Reaction Score
I too would prefer Peraza to Marwin Gonzalez, but I don't see that much difference in what they bring to the table. Both are versatile utility guys and Gonzalez has more playoff experience under his belt.
Peraza should be the starting shortstop.

Reaction Score
Cole on a roll !!

6 innings. 8 ks, 1 walk. 3 hits.
Real proud of him and good to have a very good playoff performance.

My favorite stat: only 7 Ks for the Yankees offense. Love how this team has more guys who can put the ball in play.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Cole on a roll !!

6 innings. 8 ks, 1 walk. 3 hits.
I was a little nervous after the HR and after he got absolutely robbed of a called third strike with the bases loaded an inning or two later. Luckily there was no damage done but if that missed call resulted in a grand slam in the next few pitches, he might have chased down that umpire with a bat.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
we counted at least a half dozen plays in the game that were dramatically impactful for the team that caught the dang ball, and the team that didn't.
period. nice to look back and see that after like 750 posts and 33,000 views, some one here held the continuous observation that this squad is 'addicted to glove.'
D-Fence-Sign-Purple-on-White.jpg

and now a thought from gerit, and josh - 'up yours!'

Reaction Score
Very nice to see Cole pitch like an ace. He didn't necessarily have his best stuff, but he got through those first three innings with minimum damage until he settled in. I thought Bader showed, on both sides of the ball, why Cashman made the trade to send Montgomery to St. Louis. Bader's cutting off that ball in the gap in the 3rd kept Cleveland from scoring a run that might have opened the floodgates. Monty would never have pitched in this series, except maybe as long relief. Finally, Donaldson is fortunate that his baserunning gaffe didn't cost the Yankees a game. You could tell how uncomfortable it made Boone in the press conference to be asked about it. Boneheaded play.

Reaction Score
IKF had the single that turned into a triple but also had the error, the double play with 2 guys on, and the ball go off his glove for the hit.

He's a disaster in the field, he can't get to balls other shortstops get to and he's booting the ball. On a team with a stacked defensive outfield and good defense all over the infield he sticks out like a sore thumb. I really hope having him out there instead of Peraza won't burn us but it's a maddening decision.

Now let's get a great start from Nasty Nestor.

Reaction Score
MLB is absolutely pathetic Yankees play after 5 days off and you schedule an off day between game 2 then have an off day after game 3 (travel day). So now you don’t have an off day on Friday.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Well the Cleveland baseball club it is, will not call them by their name.
ikr? for whatever reasons, their current name is a joke, and their catcher wearing some kind of tin foil colored helmet is too.
i did notice that they were the #1 team in mlb for not striking out, yet gerrit hung 8 on them in 6 innings. impressive.

for the record, mr cole is like 9-5 with a 2.80 era in his playoff history.
71-29 in his total AL career. never seems to miss a day of work, either. i guess that u have to have that to be the winningest and strikeoutiest pitcher in mlb for the past five years or so. thanks, mr cashman. great acquisition. seems to have some rocket roger in him too. noice.

and oh, i thought that this was pretty slick too.
9/29
'(and, not an exclusive for the careful observer, rizzo looks oh so comfortable on both sides of the ball, and is now fully lethal. cool.)'

seems to me, that he is 'the indispensable man' in our run. u ever see anyone stand so close to the plate before? i think he's now top ten alltime in getting hit. meh, he don't care. just watch him on a bunt -afraid of nuthin, he charges like bull moose toward the batter as soon as he gets an inkling, whatever that is.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom