The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 28 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hey, thanks for Andujar!

Of course, if he turns out to be any good, you'll get him back in 3 years or less.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In the eight inning and Blue Jays pitching has issued four walks. All four to Judge.

It would be one thing if the rest of the team was batting as they were a month ago but Rizzo and Gleyber have both been hitting this game. It looks like the philosophy is we don't care if we lose as long as we don't give Judge anything to hit.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the moment's right.
Yankees-win-1030x686.jpg

let's just win the whole dang thing.

Reaction Score
I’m so happy for Judge! One of the great guys in professional sports and its been heartwarming to see the Judge and Maris family together during this record chase.

Extra sweet for me as my Yankee-hating sister-in-law who went to school in the Fargo area didn’t want the record to be tied/broken, partially because Maris is a Fargo guy, but also because she’s super opinionated about super specific stuff.

What’s your take @NDakotaHusky? My ND born and bred mother and father in-laws have taken the different route. In addition to their teams, they now root for the teams I like, as long as it doesn’t contradict their fandom: UConn, Yankee, Giants, Rangers…

Anywho, go Yankees!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
seemingly unnoticed, a most amazing, unreal, ridiculously impossible,
otherwordly, and downright spooky thing happened yesterday.
well into their 2nd century of ball, with like a million different players and like a billion games, on the verysame day, one player tied the team record for home runs in a season while another player tied the team record for strikeouts in a season.

what were the chances?
of course, becuz it's the Yankees, both players lead all the rest of mlb in those two most preeminent and definitional stats of the game, home runs, and strikeouts.

un-believable. truth is stranger than fiction.
i wonder if this is another BY world exclusive newsbreaker....

(and, not an exclusive for the careful observer, rizzo looks oh so comfortable on both sides of the ball, and is now fully lethal. cool.)

Reaction Score
It will be interesting these last few games of the regular season to see how the Yankees decide who to keep on the playoff roster. DJ, Carpenter, Britton and maybe Benintende all vying to make the squad. If 100% healthy, they all represent upgrades, but they are not 100%.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It will be interesting these last few games of the regular season to see how the Yankees decide who to keep on the playoff roster. DJ, Carpenter, Britton and maybe Benintende all vying to make the squad. If 100% healthy, they all represent upgrades, but they are not 100%.
i like watching the zack story now. he feels great, the docs say he is fine, his ball is wickedly tantalizing, but, so far, he doesn't know where it's going. ball one, ball two, ball three, walk! next batter - ball one, ball two, ball three, walk! freakin hilarious. methinks just a re-learning curve.
im bettin on his brainpower and experience figgering it out in the next week.
looks like toeboy will start to play soon. good. that guy is great.

Reaction Score
I’m so happy for Judge! One of the great guys in professional sports and its been heartwarming to see the Judge and Maris family together during this record chase.

Extra sweet for me as my Yankee-hating sister-in-law who went to school in the Fargo area didn’t want the record to be tied/broken, partially because Maris is a Fargo guy, but also because she’s super opinionated about super specific stuff.

What’s your take @NDakotaHusky? My ND born and bred mother and father in-laws have taken the different route. In addition to their teams, they now root for the teams I like, as long as it doesn’t contradict their fandom: UConn, Yankee, Giants, Rangers…

Anywho, go Yankees!
I grew up in Connecticut so I probably don't have the same connection to Maris as your wife. Although i have been to the Maris museum (in the mall). Also, when i moved here almost 20 years I visited his grave. It's a larger than usual black marble headstone shaped like a diamond.

I like to think Maris would be happy his record is being threatened by a fellow Yankee. I suspect he'd also appreciate being surpassed by someone whos rep isnt clouded by sterroid use.

Reaction Score
Peraza looks great right now too, the youth combined with veteran reinforcements good problems to have.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'isnt clouded by sterroid use.'
this 'drug' blather is tedious, disingenuous, and unfair, too.
ol timey ballplayers were chomping bennies, snorting coke, and a whole long line of other junk, for more than a century to get an advantage, or at least allow their old bones to collect another paycheck. crap.
bonds achieved what he did, mac achieved what he did, sosa, all of them. if they're numbers stack up, put 'em in the hall where they belong. and rose too, cuz he achieved what he did, and didn't kill nobody neither, including 'integrity.' i did see a good show once, aboot the Series, some degenerate gamblers, and their sox. they brought in some famous judge to sort out that mess, cuz no one ever, back then, ever bet on sports or tried to rig the game.
yeah, sure.

sanctimonious. not you, personally, just the whole fraud of that idea.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
seemingly unnoticed, a most amazing, unreal, ridiculously impossible,
otherwordly, and downright spooky thing happened yesterday.
well into their 2nd century of ball, with like a million different players and like a billion games, on the verysame day, one player tied the team record for home runs in a season while another player tied the team record for strikeouts in a season.

what were the chances?
of course, becuz it's the Yankees, both players lead all the rest of mlb in those two most preeminent and definitional stats of the game, home runs, and strikeouts.

un-believable. truth is stranger than fiction.
i wonder if this is another BY world exclusive newsbreaker....

(and, not an exclusive for the careful observer, rizzo looks oh so comfortable on both sides of the ball, and is now fully lethal. cool.)
they did it within a half hour or so of each's milestone.
a-mazing.
What Tying Ron Guidry's Yankees Single-Season Strikeout Record Means to Gerrit Cole

and then there is that whole '61' thing. 61 dingers, 1961,
61 years later, ..... everything Yankees is always different.
i like this too.
New York Yankees RP Michael King Doesn't Need Tommy John Surgery - Sports Illustrated NY Yankees News, Analysis and More

Reaction Score
Peraza looks like he belongs on the playoff roster, love this kid. Hicks unfortunately had a few hits in the last few and will tantalize Cash and Boone with the dreams of a 3 run bomb. Shouldn't be but will be on the roster. What is the word on Carpenter? Such an important piece when they good offensively.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Peraza looks like he belongs on the playoff roster, love this kid. Hicks unfortunately had a few hits in the last few and will tantalize Cash and Boone with the dreams of a 3 run bomb. Shouldn't be but will be on the roster. What is the word on Carpenter? Such an important piece when they good offensively.
last i heard, both carp and benny still on the 'possibly can play in postseason' list. mebbe, mebbe not. whatever.
and just like that, we're swimming in healthy players, both arms and bats.
for me, im only interested in 'the toe' and his hopeful return. we'll just have to wait and see if zack can figure it out. from his angle, if he does show up, it can mean a yuge difference in cash for him next season, which usually motivates people in their effort.

Reaction Score
Boone said that there's a chance that Carpenter will rejoin the team when they go to Texas for their final regular season series.

“I think we’re holding out hope (for Texas), but we’re still a ways from even having an idea if that’s going to be possible or not,” Boone told Randy Miller earlier this week. “Obviously, a lot depends on how his week unfolds. He’s just starting to do a lot of weight-bearing things. We’ve tried to keep it in play with how we’ve maneuvered the roster, but we’ll just have to see how each day goes and where we are this time next week.”

Reaction Score
I mean it would be a complete upset if the Yanks made it to the WS this year. Always hold out hope but this team lacks the staff to get there versus others staffs, the bullpen as well which has trended downward the last half. Hitting, well the other teams will not be pitching to Judge if people aren't on base, period. I'm thrilled they held on with a decent run end of the year to win the East, but from here on I'm afraid is somewhat gravy.

Reaction Score
I mean it would be a complete upset if the Yanks made it to the WS this year. Always hold out hope but this team lacks the staff to get there versus others staffs, the bullpen as well which has trended downward the last half. Hitting, well the other teams will not be pitching to Judge if people aren't on base, period. I'm thrilled they held on with a decent run end of the year to win the East, but from here on I'm afraid is somewhat gravy.
I get your logic, but I hate this sentiment.

I don’t care what the roster is. The Yankees are where they are and the only thing to do as fans is throw logic away and just root. Save the logic for whenever the season ends, ring or no ring.

Not a dig on you personally, but so many NY sports teams’ fans have that sentiment once playoffs come close.

Don’t think. Just cheer!

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
oh, brother....
maxresdefault.jpg

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yikes. While we didn’t keep up the 120 win pace from earlier in the year, we should still win 100 games this season and get a bye in the first round.

I wouldn’t call the 2 seed making the finals a “complete upset”.

The only team that scares me in October from the AL is the Astros. And while they should make it to the ALCS, as should we, they aren’t the world beaters they were 2 or 3 years ago. Maybe the Jays get hot at the plate and take them out.

Don’t get me wrong, we could get bounced In the divisional series by a good Mariners team. And it’s going to be an uphill battle to beat the Astros, as we have not proven we match-up with them well in October.

But in a 7 game series, I think the odds are closer to 50/50 than people make it out to be vs the space men.

I’m not counting on making a WS. But Judge is having a magical season and I feel like this is destiny to cap it off with a title.

Reaction Score
I get your logic, but I hate this sentiment.

I don’t care what the roster is. The Yankees are where they are and the only thing to do as fans is throw logic away and just root. Save the logic for whenever the season ends, ring or no ring.

Not a dig on you personally, but so many NY sports teams’ fans have that sentiment once playoffs come close.

Don’t think. Just cheer!

Sorry but it’s reality. Nothing has changed over the last few years, because of Cashman, and this roster feel pitching to hitting isn’t set up to win a series against a solid winning team. I will root like hell but you all know I have said this for years. Love my Yanks but Hal and Cash have stayed with the pattern of the HR or nothing. We will have 4-5 hitters in the lineup at .225 or less. That’s not good baseball sorry if you disagree.

Waiting to eat crow and I’d love to, but doubt I will.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yanks hitting, as of now.
2nd in the AL, 4th in mlb.
MLB Team Hitting Stats 2022 - AVG, OPS, Home Runs & More
seems like ops is the thing for these guys judgment.

i like our chances.

and, guess the player!
our guy, 25 years old:
WAR
AB
H
HR
BA
R
RBI
SB
OBP
SLG
OPS
OPS+

best player in the history of history. or so im told.
not our guy, 23 years old:

WAR
AB
H
HR
BA
R
RBI
SB
OBP
SLG
OPS
OPS+

apparently, not our guy walks a ton, which leads to ops, which leads to 'superior' status, but, our guy looks pretty dang good when average, homers, ribbys, slugging, hits, sb's, are considered this year, and typically.
162 game expectations:
our guy : 28/87/.265/.785 ops. 156 hits.
not our guy: 33/99/.287/.951 161 hits.
walks can really juice the stats. i bet that our guy will walk more as he ages.

the same? no. but pretty dang good nonetheless. all in all, close enuf for government work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom