The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 32 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

Reaction Score
This team is good at choking.

16 hits in 28 innings. The Indians had as many hits as the Yanks overall in the 9th inning.

Horrible lineup. Add I have no idea why Peralta saw even one batter in the 9th after doing his job already, wow what a dreadful loss. But expected.

Reaction Score
16 hits in 28 innings. The Indians had as many hits as the Yanks overall in the 9th inning.

Horrible lineup. Add I have no idea why Peralta saw even one batter in the 9th after doing his job already, wow what a dreadful loss. But expected.
No Holmes in the 9th?
Guessing they dont want him to go back to back days. I would have to guess the strategy was to save Holmes from going 3 days in a row. I’m guessing they are thinking Cole for 7-8 going right to Holmes, maybe Castro if Cole can’t go 8.

That’s part of the problem this team thinks instead of what they have to do for that current game. Holmes is your closer you go to him then you deal with the next game. Of course if Schmidt gets the job done we’re not having this conversation.

Reaction Score
No Holmes in the 9th?
Guessing they dont want him to go back to back days. I would have to guess the strategy was to save Holmes from going 3 days in a row. I’m guessing they are thinking Cole for 7-8 going right to Holmes, maybe Castro if Cole can’t go 8.

That’s part of the problem this team thinks instead of what they have to do for that current game. Holmes is your closer you go to him then you deal with the next game. Of course if Schmidt gets the job done we’re not having this conversation.
Boone is done.
FfKVbuoXwAA8fs2.jpeg

Reaction Score
They find new and incredible ways to do it year after year. I'm surprisingly not even upset. The UConn football game pissed me off way more. You're not going to win anything with IKF as your starting shortstop and this crap bullpen.
Ya I would easily have signed up for the Ball State win over this playoff game if I had a choice a dreadful sports saved only by UConn hockey dominating Ohio State.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Season on the line and Clark Schmidt is the closer. I asked like a month ago who the hell is Clark Schmidt? I'm still asking...
He's a rookie starting pitcher, But this is the Yankees so he will be ****ed with and dead by 2025.

Reaction Score
Ya I would easily have signed up for the Ball State win over this playoff game if I had a choice a dreadful sports night saved only by UConn hockey dominating Ohio State.

Reaction Score
No Holmes in the 9th?

That’s part of the problem this team thinks of the next game instead of what they have to do for that current game. Holmes is your closer you go to him then you deal with the next game. Of course if Schmidt gets the job done we’re not having this conversation.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
They would never beat Houston...so it's hard to care about this series. Verlander would strike out 15 and pitch a complete game shutout.

This team is...and has been deeply flawed all year.

Reaction Score
Down go the Dodgers look happens when you try and make upgrades getting stars on your team via FA or trades, getting real stars not IKF or Donaldson or extending Aaron Hicks.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Chapman probably home in his mansion laughing his arse off…

Money Dollar GIF

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I remember a joke from my childhood "A bumblebee, in relation to it's wing size, is too heavy to be able to fly; and they wouldn't if someone told the bumblebees".

Someone needs to tell Cleveland that you can no longer win baseball games by stringing together a number of singles.

Reaction Score
They would never beat Houston...so it's hard to care about this series. Verlander would strike out 15 and pitch a complete game shutout.

This team is...and has been deeply flawed all year.
I disagree that they're deeply flawed all year, certainly deeply flawed at the moment but this team always underperforms their talent. The bullpen is in shambles with injuries and not having DJ, Benintendi, and Carpie just coming back hurts but the fatal flaw is the same as it always is with this team. Boone and Cashman blow. It's unconscionable Peraza isn't starting (not even on the roster) and IKF is out there, the guy is not even close to being a big league level shortstop. There's zero consistency in what they do. A-Rod rips them for batting Judge leadoff and magically Boone wakes up the next morning and moves Judge to #2, he takes the third best bullpen pitcher Trivino out after 7 pitches, he takes our best bullpen pitcher Loaiziga out who can pitch a bunch of innings after just 15 pitches, and he takes out Peralta with the season basically on the line and instead of going to his closer he goes to a triple A starting pitcher to close it out. Holmes contradicted every single thing Boone said. Boone never should've been hired as manager, he's brutally bad.

He's playing matchups with the bullpen and yanking his best guys for no reason when he only has three legit middle relief guys. Where the hell is Domingo German? Why is Hicks and Locastro on the playoff roster if you're not going to use one of them as a defensive replacement for left field if you're up by two runs late in the game?

Boone treats these games like it's a series in June.

Reaction Score
Down go the Dodgers look happens when you try and make upgrades getting stars on your team via FA or trades, getting real stars not IKF or Donaldson or extending Aaron Hicks.

IKF was an improvement, I mean Torres was awful at SS. Donaldson is not a good fit at all and Hicks was one of Cashmans many awful moves.

Not getting Olson for first hurt as well. Rizzo great guy, great teammate but he’s done, overmatched against good pitching.
Speaking of good pitching, that is needed as well.

If they continue without guys who can’t get on base nothing will change. Can’t say it enough, unless you’re thrilled with just making the playoffs Cashman needs to be dismissed.

Reaction Score
IKF was an improvement, I mean Torres was awful at SS. Donaldson is not a good fit at all and Hicks was one of Cashmans many awful moves.

Not getting Olson for first hurt as well. Rizzo great guy, great teammate but he’s done, overmatched against good pitching.
Speaking of good pitching, that is needed as well.

If they continue without guys who can’t get on base nothing will change. Can’t say it enough, unless you’re thrilled with just making the playoffs Cashman needs to be dismissed.
There’s a multitude of moves Cashman could’ve made. Didn’t wanna get Machado ok fine you got DJ instead, still could’ve gotten Harper who was willing to play 1B, ok fine you got Stanton you didn’t wanna spend all that money on Harper you could’ve signed George Springer but no you had to extend Hicks. You could’ve even just done nothing let Hicks go and shed salary and you would’ve been better off. Of course the pitching not getting Verlander twice and you made your pitching worse in the Montas deal.

I don’t expect anything to change even if Boone is gone he will be just another fall guy, and will hire another analytical puppet, or maybe just have a computer be the manager since it’s pretty much the case anyways.

Look at how much fun all these other teams are having in their clubhouse and dugouts. The Yankees look like a corporate PR machine afraid to say the wrong things.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There’s a multitude of moves Cashman could’ve made. Didn’t wanna get Machado ok fine you got DJ instead, still could’ve gotten Harper who was willing to play 1B, ok fine you got Stanton you didn’t wanna spend all that money on Harper you could’ve signed George Springer but no you had to extend Hicks. You could’ve even just done nothing let Hicks go and shed salary and you would’ve been better off. Of course the pitching not getting Verlander twice and you made your pitching worse in the Montas deal.

I don’t expect anything to change even if Boone is gone he will be just another fall guy, and will another analytical puppet, or maybe just have a computer be the manager since it’s pretty much the case anyways.

Look at how much fun all these other teams are having in their clubhouse and dugouts. The Yankees look like a corporate PR machine afraid to say the wrong things.

Yeah Cashman is a man of many misses over the years as of late. He is the problem I would be fine if Boone stayed as long as they rid themselves of the overstaying GM.

Reaction Score
I disagree that they're deeply flawed all year, certainly deeply flawed at the moment but this team always underperforms their talent. The bullpen is in shambles with injuries and not having DJ, Benintendi, and Carpie just coming back hurts but the fatal flaw is the same as it always is with this team. Boone and Cashman blow. It's unconscionable Peraza isn't starting (not even on the roster) and IKF is out there, the guy is not even close to being a big league level shortstop. There's zero consistency in what they do. A-Rod rips them for batting Judge leadoff and magically Boone wakes up the next morning and moves Judge to #2, he takes the third best bullpen pitcher Trivino out after 7 pitches, he takes our best bullpen pitcher Loaiziga out who can pitch a bunch of innings after just 15 pitches, and he takes out Peralta with the season basically on the line and instead of going to his closer he goes to a triple A starting pitcher to close it out. Holmes contradicted every single thing Boone said. Boone never should've been hired as manager, he's brutally bad.

He's playing matchups with the bullpen and yanking his best guys for no reason when he only has three legit middle relief guys. Where the hell is Domingo German? Why is Hicks and Locastro on the playoff roster if you're not going to use one of them as a defensive replacement for left field if you're up by two runs late in the game?

Boone treats these games like it's a series in June.
Binder baseball has rendered a once recognizable game into nothing more than one in which what manager from which team can make the dumbest move possible in any situation.

3 up, 3 down in the 7th on 15 pitches? Well, well done, son, you've earned your keep, now go and rest that weary arm for tomorrow's 7th.

On to the next innings assigned hurler, ignore what effectiveness you've just seen, the next role is someone else's responsibility, because the analytics say so.

Just remember skipper, ya can't spell analytics without anal.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Boone has no feel for the game. An idiot knows you bring in your closer. He should be canned but he won't be. Not as long as Cashman is GM. The excuse will be we has some injuries that curb the bullpens effectiveness.

Cashman has to go. 25 years is more than enough. His record is not stellar. As mentioned in another post, Cashman passed on a lot of potential trades & free agents. He will not make a move that does not fit his analytics method. An article out of St. Louis after the Montgomery trade was telling. Montgomery said the Yanks - ie Cashman - did not want him throw his fastball more thsn 20% of the time. The analytics showed that off speed pitches are more effective at getting batters out.

Hate to say it, but I'm done with the Yanks and the front office.

Bring on college basketball. Go UConn men and women!!!!

Reaction Score
Time for Cole to live up to his contract and I mean really up to it pitch a complete game at least 8 innings. You don’t want your season to end seeing guys in their 60s wearing sponge bob celebrating.

Reaction Score
Man our left fielders suck. That's the left fielder's ball 1000/1000 times. Cleveland is a team who hits singles why is our left fielder always so far back and why isn't Hicks calling for that ball? It was the same thing last night.

Reaction Score
Have Cole start the 8th if he can throw 130 pitches in the regular season he can do it tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom