The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread

Reaction Score
It will be a good series between the Mets and Dodgers. Dodgers pitching is down, but Yamamoto's performance against the Padres showed he is ready.

Looking forward to the West Coast vs. East Coast series.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lastings Lol. There is a blast from the past!

I will say PNC is a cool park!

I was more scared of the Padres, the dodgers line up seems more top heavy whereas the padres felt deep 1-9. But then watching them collect 2 hits last night made me long to face them lol.

As far as the rotation - I don’t have a preference. Peterson has been great, Senga is our ace. If we go that route game one I’m totally fine with it. If we go Manaea I totally get that too. It’s weird but I trust the staff 1-4 right now. I don’t trust the pen. At all.

As far as McNeil. I mean I wouldn’t tinker. His bat vs Taylor’s bat is negligible imo. Sure McNeil has a history of being a better hitter but he has batted .270 or worse for 2 straight seasons. Taylors glove is superior. I’d stick with Taylor and use McNeil as a pinch hitter late in games if needed.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Luckily this only counts as 1 loss (I think)
Yep, just one. Flaherty was on his game vs Mets pen. Tomorrow is reversed, Manaea vs LA's pen.

I do question MLB's scheduling. Late day game after night game after travel with shadows in play, probably favors LA all else being equal. But the late game is two eastern time zone teams.

Will be interesting how Mets use Senga as he only threw 30 pitches (albeit mostly bad ones).

Reaction Score
Will be interesting how Mets use Senga as he only threw 30 pitches (albeit mostly bad ones).
They're not using him before game 5 if at all. He's thrown 9 innings all year so wasn't going more than 40-50 pitches today anyway

Reaction Score
It’s easy to second guess Sengas use the last week but last night couldn’t have gone worse. He had something like 16 balls in 21 pitches and just looked off from the jump.

We need Manaea huge today. And we need to get the swag back quick.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They try to brush away the suggestion it did not matter starting a pitcher who should not even be on the roster (i.m.o. ) for post season, as we could not even push across a run. And to start him game 5? Nuts. Might as well put Diaz in to start and we can have a walk fest.
Rant over.
- Agree we should be playing tonight and Yanks should be playing at 4. MLB must think folks will tune in Judge over Ohtani.
Good news for Deepster as he can watch the Jets tonight.

Reaction Score
They try to brush away the suggestion it did not matter starting a pitcher who should not even be on the roster (i.m.o. ) for post season, as we could not even push across a run. And to start him game 5? Nuts. Might as well put Diaz in to start and we can have a walk fest.
Rant over.
- Agree we should be playing tonight and Yanks should be playing at 4. MLB must think folks will tune in Judge over Ohtani.
Senga not being on the roster is an insane take. Wanting Manaea game 1 is fine, but there was no scenario where your ace isn't getting the ball in game 1 or 2 now that he's healthy

Reaction Score
Should be a good game as the Mets will be facing the Dodgers bullpen. Dodgers are doing this to preserve their starting pitchers for the NY games.

Wonder if Mets will walk Ohtani again if there are runners on base. Will it be worth it to walk Ohtani only to face Betts?

It should be a good game with the quick turnaround from last night.

Reaction Score
Rant over.
LOL. If we go down 0-2 and the Jets lose to the Bills, I'm going to sit in my garage with the car running and doors closed.

Reaction Score
It’s easy to second guess the Senga thing now, but game 1 vs Philly no one questioned it when he gave us 2 innings and mowed everyone down outside of the very first batter of the game. It worked then and didn’t this time. He was wild. It’s baseball, sometimes that happens. Unfortunately for us it happened in the NLCS. Our bats also were silent.

Ultimately we didn’t create many chances to get back in it. We had 2 walks in the 3rd and Marte flew out to the warning track. Then 2 lead off singles but Winker makes a dumb base running mistake to halt any chance of a rally.

Senga just didn’t have it. Not even close. But he was so close to escaping that danger in the first. Mookie Betts was scared to take second and then was scared to go home on a fly ball to center. We were one out away from getting out of that jam and possibly righting the ship.

Gotta turn the page and hope Manaea delivers tonight and the bats wake up and put the pressure on LA early. Walk out of LA 1-1 and it was a successful trip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom