The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I winced when he threw to 2B to try and get the force and that AB with runners on was embarrassing.
He is awful defensively. I could steal on him.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
(Garret)
And he did! Only down 2. Right where we want them.

Reaction Score
The starters want Alvarez, he's better than Torrens defensively, Torrens hasn't had a meaningful AB in 3 weeks and has 3 hits in the last 60 days (not an exaggeration). But I think it's time to give him a start tomorrow, Eric Chavez has ruined Francisco Alvarez

Reaction Score
Thoughts from my raging brain this morning.

1) The Dodgers starters are NOT that good. Not this good to be shutting us down like they have. The 5 runs by Knack have been their only wart.

2) Way, way too many short AB's and long harmless fly ball outs. We made our bacon with 10 pitch at bats, 2 out rallies, opposite field singles and smart baserunning. Now all of a sudden we are not doing any of that.

3) I'm not afraid of Ohtani. I'd rather face him over Freeman, even when Freeman is hobbled.

4) Is it destiny to go down 3-1 or 3-2 and fight all the way back? We haven't had a typical OMG Mets game yet through 3 games here.

Reaction Score
Alvarez is lost. Most of the playoffs he has been swinging out of his shoes trying to hit the ball out of the atmosphere every time. Last night he seemed more patient, but TOO patient. That bases loaded situation he lost the bat he swung so hard the first pitch and then proceeded to keep it on his shoulder for the next 5 pitches including 2 strikes. The 2nd strike wasnt a bad take, it was a nasty pitch, but the final strike was a heater on the outside corner with 2 strikes. You have to swing!

The moment keeps finding him and he's failing right now big time. It would be more acceptable if he was fielding his position better. But that decision last night to throw to 2nd instead of getting the easy out at 1st proved costly too. The Dodgers I think scored their first run and then had runners on 1st and 3rd or maybe loaded - and hadnt hit the ball past the pitcher! Wild.

Martinez is almost just as lost as Alvarez. I think I'd rather see Winker or even McNeil at this point than Martinez regardless of righty or lefty.

Reaction Score
I like the phrase "the moment keeps finding him". He's trying to hit a 6 run HR and make plays that aren't there to make up for the shortfalls in other spots.

JD is a mystery to me right now. He's such a veteran pro hitter, I can't believe how unproductive he's been....and with Winker's numbers against Buehler, I was shocked JD was in the lineup.

Reaction Score
Thoughts from my raging brain this morning.

1) The Dodgers starters are NOT that good. Not this good to be shutting us down like they have. The 5 runs by Knack have been their only wart.

2) Way, way too many short AB's and long harmless fly ball outs. We made our bacon with 10 pitch at bats, 2 out rallies, opposite field singles and smart baserunning. Now all of a sudden we are not doing any of that.

3) I'm not afraid of Ohtani. I'd rather face him over Freeman, even when Freeman is hobbled.

4) Is it destiny to go down 3-1 or 3-2 and fight all the way back? We haven't had a typical OMG Mets game yet through 3 games here.
1. Dodger starters are out, but they do well in big games. Buehler pitched well yesterday, and Yamamoto was huge today with 8 SOs. Yamamoto in Game 5 against the Padres was awesome. Padres is one of the most complete team this year,

2. Dodgers have been playing good defense even though they have many utility players.

3. Apparently, Mets pitchers are afraid of Ohtani. They walked him 3 times. I hope they pitch to him vs. trying to pitch around him. Mookie came through tonight big time when they walked Ohtani.

4. It won't be easy against Jack Flaherty. He is also a solid pitcher. He needs to get 4 to 5 innings and hand it over to that dominate Dodgers bullpen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom