The Official 2024 NY Giants Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Giants Thread

Reaction Score
That facemask call was unexplainable, then the holding which was obvious they call back. Interesting start from the Refs.

Reaction Score
They look good but then can’t finish a drive. Wandale had a big drop and DJ forced it to Nabers while Singletary was open and he got a concussion because of it.

DJ again played pretty well, but if he could hit a deep ball we would have 3 or so more touchdowns this season. SMH.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I do owe a partial apology to Burns for his play against Cleveland last week (while being a bit dinged up) and I was also pleasantly surprised at how our defense looked in that game but last night reinforced my belief that while we have some very good players, we aren't close to being a competitive team at the level we want the team to compete. I also have some serious doubts that those in position to build the roster and run the team are capable of getting us there.

Repeating a statement I've made for months to a coworker "I have zero problem moving on from Daniel Jones. I do not however want to spend a premium draft pick on a QB unless I am convinced he checks all of the boxes but at the moment I'm not sure there will be one of them in the 2025 draft".

Everything that I've seen, everything that I've read about Schoen and Daboll has me convinced that we will continue on the treadmill we've been on for more than a decade, the difference being that we may instead waste a top five pick on a QB every few years, fail, rinse, repeat.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dallas' defense had not been good through 3 weeks, and a team who had given up 145 rushing yds/gm, held NYG to an anemic 26. It was evident last night that Nabers makes Daniel Jones better. OTOH, Jones cannot do it all himself, nor can he be relied upon to win games.

Nabers' concussion was unfortunate. Jones was on the run and off-balance, so putting the ball where only Nabers could catch it was an achievement, but it also meant that Nabers couldn't brace himself through the fall. It wasn't a designed rollout, so if he had a cleaner pocket, he'd probably have made a better throw. For Nabers' sake, I hope he can recover soon. The Giants have 10 days before Week 5, but Jones reverts to a mediocre QB (at best) without him.

The Below was in my "For You" Twitter feed this morning. Canty has lit the fire under Daboll's seat, and thinks Jones has a better chance to return in 2025. He might be right, though I can't believe Schoen would make the same mistake twice, which means unless they can make a drastic turn around, both might be gone and the Giants start over yet again. With Dan Snyder gone, the Giants might be the worst managed team in the NFC East.

Reaction Score

The second pass was tough, a handful of QBs can make it, but it ended up being really poor and Nabers was open. But the first to Slayton, any QB should make that easily, and the one to Nabers in the first couldve been a TD if he was lead at all.

Reaction Score
Even when Jones plays well he gives you the 5 minute drive field goal offense, he's mid at best.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Even when Jones plays well he gives you the 5 minute drive field goal offense, he's mid at best.
Ouch...OTOH, I love that Joseph wears a non-traditional number for a kicker. Also, does Gano have a return designation for IR? If so, he should probably find a way to spend all season there, for his own sake. The minute he is activated, he is cut.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could well be wrong but the only way I see Jones as a Giant in 2025 is if there ends up being some clandestine agreement between the Giants and the Manning family that Arch will either not enter the standard draft his firt year eligible (2026) but will then petition for the supplemental draft and inform everyone that he'll only play for the Giants or he will enter the standard draft and Cooper (Arch's father) does what Archie did a couple decades ago when Eli entered the draft and the Giants end up with him through a trade.

Shy of having a set target for 2026 who they know they will land, I see no way the Giants bring Jones back.

I was very encouraged with Daboll during his first season here but everything he has done since has me wondering what his thought process is. My gut tells me that he will have another year regardless but I would not be against letting him go after this season.

Reaction Score
The Giants franchise should just be terminated, pour gasoline on it light a match and let it burn to the ground.

Reaction Score
Let's give credit to Jones, top receiver and RB are out and he was very good spreading the ball around and running hard yardage. No turnovers also unless I'm forgetting one.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Let's give credit to Jones, top receiver and RB are out and he was very good spreading the ball around and running hard yardage. No turnovers also unless I'm forgetting one.
Schoen should extend him.

Reaction Score
Tracey should be the starter. I was right about how not signing Saquon was the right move, I never liked the Singletary signing either btw. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom