The Official 2024 NY Giants Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Jones throws his 1st td to the Vikings that is.

Reaction Score
You can't expect to compete seriously in the NFL when you're wearing a uni that looks like a bad Montreal Canadiens knock off...you just can't. I get the history, but they ditched em for a reason, those things are a two touchdown swing, imo.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You can't expect to compete seriously in the NFL when you're wearing a uni that looks like a bad Montreal Canadiens knock off...you just can't. I get the history, but they ditched em for a reason, those things are a two touchdown swing, imo.
I think the Giants have maybe the best regular uniforms in the NFL. Especially road whites. What is this? Embarrassing.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dr
Drew Lock can’t be worse, can he?
Did Drew Lock's agents leverage Sequon Barkley and a barely mediocre performance once in 2022 road playoff win into a $160M contract?

I think not.

Reaction Score
Giants will save 19 million in cap space if/when they cut Daniel Jones next offseason.

Yes, I'm already thinking about that, lol.

I'm still annoyed about the Brian Burns trade. Why give up draft capital when the team is going to stink!?!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm still annoyed about the Brian Burns trade. Why give up draft capital when the team is going to stink!?!
I'm still pissed off about this for a few reasons.

We could have signed Christian Wilkins for less than what we paid Burns and not have given up an early 2nd (plus another) pick.

We then could have used that pick to add a CB or DL.

We could have fielded a three man line that would have been very good stopping the run and capable of pushing the pocket, allowing a fourth rusher the ability to get to the QB.

Reaction Score
Giants will save 19 million in cap space if/when they cut Daniel Jones next offseason.

Yes, I'm already thinking about that, lol.

It's not like Burns is only here for this year, he's signed for 5 years and the thought of him and Thibodeaux rushing the passer together the next few years is very exciting. I think it was a great move

Reaction Score
It's not like Burns is only here for this year, he's signed for 5 years and the thought of him and Thibodeaux rushing the passer together the next few years is very exciting. I think it was a great move
Fair point. He is also only 26.

Reaction Score
In not so shocking news, this team is still bad. Can't predict an injury to a kicker on the first play, but maybe you can when he was injured before the game

Reaction Score
In not so shocking news, this team is still bad. Can't predict an injury to a kicker on the first play, but maybe you can when he was injured before the game
Defense couldn’t get off the field, Nabers missed a bunny. Just such a typical Giants loss.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ending this season with an extra win or two will not be a good thing.

Nabers needs to develop a little but his ceiling may be higher than any WR we've ever had. He's played two NFL games, he'll continue to improve.

I am beyond concerned with our defense. It seems that we believe giving up rushing yards won't count. I despise the two man front (two OLBs standing as wide DE's does not make it a four man line) and I don't see how we will ever become competitive if teams can run on us at will.

At this point Burns' most impactful play had an OT called for holding him. I really hope to be proven wrong but I still cannot stand that move.

Reaction Score

Nabers needs to develop a little but his ceiling may be higher than any WR we've ever had. He's played two NFL games, he'll continue to improve.

I am beyond concerned with our defense. It seems that we believe giving up rushing yards won't count. I despise the two man front (two OLBs standing as wide DE's does not make it a four man line) and I don't see how we will ever become competitive if teams can run on us at will.

At this point Burns' most impactful play had an OT called for holding him. I really hope to be proven wrong but I still cannot stand that move.
Burns and Kayvon don’t add anything other than a pass rush, and when they don’t get any pass rush, they are pretty useless.

Reaction Score

To be fair Burns also had a sack that was called back because Dru Philips decided to tackle the WR he was supposed to cover. We need more from him and Kayvon but he was much more noticeable today. I really don't understand all the hate for the move to get him

Reaction Score
To be fair Burns also had a sack that was called back because Dru Philips decided to tackle the WR he was supposed to cover. We need more from him and Kayvon but he was much more noticeable today. I really don't understand all the hate for the move to get him
That Phillips penalty was bogus. Ertz charged into him and he had the right to hold his ground. Should’ve been a no call.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Injuries are a part of game, but Gano's hamstring killed the Giants yesterday. The game probably would have unfolded differently had he been healthy, but all else being the same, they should have never been in position to go for it on 4th & 4 on their last drive. They should have been up 24-18, forcing Washington to score a TD to win.

On the other hand, Daniel Jones is not the Giants' only problem. The defense gave up over 200 yards rushing, did not force a punt, and let up seven scoring drives. The Commanders are improving, but they shot themselves in the foot more than once in the redzone. All-in-all, that was a poor showing by the Giants' defense.

On the bright side for the Giants (dark for division rivals), Nabers is good and is probably only going to get better. You guys must be chomping at the bit to pair him with a serviceable QB.

Reaction Score
Very happy with the win. The offense was great in the 1st half, much credit to DJ, as well as the O Line who has played pretty well thus far. The 2nd half was pretty gross, didn’t seem like we wanted to do much, but held on.

I want to preface this with I thought he played very well overall, but DJ may have the worst deep ball accuracy I have seen in some time. I’m not sure the stats will back that up, but he seems to overthrow every one of them. Slayton was open deep and missed him, Nabers ran that wheel-ish route that would’ve gone for a TD but he missed him. Would love for him to hit some of these to open up the offense even more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom