The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread

Reaction Score
Could we please DFA someone and bring up Dominguez from AAA? 1.013 OPS in 87 ABs in the minors.

Cut Jones or Davis, I don't care, just one of the two.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Could we please DFA someone and bring up Dominguez from AAA? 1.013 OPS in 87 ABs in the minors.

The Martian has been injured. Pity me, i am going to the Stadium in a few weeks for the first time in a long time. Maybe by then they will have made some smart moves.

On O, in fairness, even though Lemahieu is aging who would expect him to be 100 points lower than his history (they were winning when he was out) or that decent hitter Verdugo would be struggling so much. Stanton went down (as usual) and hsd been productive. In fact the slide started when he got hurt. He is almost due back but will probably take a month to contribute if history holds.
I am ok with Volpe. Torres is unreliable but not terrible. Is he trade bait and maybe give Cabrera a regular shot at 3rd or 2nd.Wells shows promise, not so sure about Rice, at least not right now Soto might not be too keen on staying in NY if they don’t make an aggressive move to try and win this year. I think he likes being Judge’s teammate but wants to play for a winnet.

Pitching, Cole had a bad game. He has been good enough. Gil seems to be over his slump. Missing Schmidt who was pretty good hurts. Cortes is too hittable but also had several losses and no decisions where he pitched fine but he got no run support or the pen collapsed. Stroman erratic. I don’t love Holmes. I would much rather a swing and miss power closer.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This team, like the last few, is poorly constructed. I do not see any big moves by Cashman. Outside of Torres, what trade pieces do the Yanks have?

Cashman's tenure with analytics has been a mess. But it will continue.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Cut both of them, even if we don't yet have anyone ready to move up. I'm still furious that they were our lead off and clean up hitters Tuesday. Neither belongs in the major leagues.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Burn the God damned house down.

Drain the swamp!!!

My God. Was at a brewery tonight, checked score and we're winning. Get home to the bad news.

It's over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom