The Official 2023 New York Jets thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New York Jets thread

Reaction Score
Just heard they’re signing Trevor Simian. I’m not sure he’s any better than what they have. Yikes.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Just heard they’re signing Trevor Simian. I’m not sure he’s any better than what they have. Yikes.
Just wow. Is Wentz that much of a tool that he is unsignable?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just wow. Is Wentz that much of a tool that he is unsignable?
Wentz has the QB version of the yips and has since he got hurt. Then the Eagles had the audacity to draft Jalen Hurts and he never stopped looking over his shoulder.

I don't think he's a tool. He's just not good.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Wentz has the QB version of the yips and has since he got hurt. Then the Eagles had the audacity to draft Jalen Hurts and he never stopped looking over his shoulder.

I don't think he's a tool. He's just not good.
Not good compared to who? The Jets signed Siemian...he has been much better than Siemian. Look at his stats the last couple years...and he is only 30.

Yet teams keep trading or releasing him...so I just assume it must be a locker room issue.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Not good compared to who? The Jets signed Siemian...he has been much better than Siemian. Look at his stats the last couple years...and he is only 30.

Yet teams keep trading or releasing him...so I just assume it must be a locker room issue.
Taylor Heinicke, for one.

I follow the Commanders as close as the Patriots. Wentz was 2-5 for the same team Heinicke was 5-3-1. The only reason he played vs. Cleveland with a playoff spot on the line was his contract (He lost by the way).

In 2021, Indianapolis needed to defeat the same 3-14 Jaguars team that Urban Meyer gave up on in order to make the playoffs. Wentz laid an egg in losing 26-11, which was only that close due to a late score and conversion.

Wentz's floor is not much lower than his ceiling. He would have to learn the offense too. To that end, maybe the Jets should see what the Rams wants for Brett Rypien. He's young, has a winning record, and wouldn't have to re-learn Hackett's offense.

Reaction Score
From what I'm hearing, Wentz is too turnover prone and supposedly a jerk in the locker room. And he hasn't played and is older.

As for a guy like Heinecke, it's all about the system they know vs the team need. You have to know the system basics, like Gardiner Minshew knew this system in Philly and is running it well for Shane Steichen in Indy right now. Hackett runs the West Coast with short controlled passes that go to playmakers and let them make plays. Like Jimmy G in SF, Purdy in SF. See the field, get the mismatch the ball and let Deebo, CMC, Kittle make plays. Wilson just can't see the field and make the call a Rodgers can.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Taylor Heinicke, for one.

I follow the Commanders as close as the Patriots. Wentz was 2-5 for the same team Heinicke was 5-3-1. The only reason he played vs. Cleveland with a playoff spot on the line was his contract (He lost by the way).

In 2021, Indianapolis needed to defeat the same 3-14 Jaguars team that Urban Meyer gave up on in order to make the playoffs. Wentz laid an egg in losing 26-11, which was only that close due to a late score and conversion.

Wentz's floor is not much lower than his ceiling. He would have to learn the offense too. To that end, maybe the Jets should see what the Rams wants for Brett Rypien. He's young, has a winning record, and wouldn't have to re-learn Hackett's offense.
I was more comparing Wentz to Siemian. I think Wentz is better. But as deepster says...he is known for being bad for the clubhouse.

I am not saying in general I would want Wentz as my starter...but desperate times...

I am still hoping for Tannehill.

Reaction Score
I was more comparing Wentz to Siemian. I think Wentz is better. But as deepster says...he is known for being bad for the clubhouse.

I am not saying in general I would want Wentz as my starter...but desperate times...

I would take Tannehill. I would take Cousins, but think his pricetag for half a season isn't worth it. I still think Nick Foles is the guy. Only 34. Has the swagger for NY.

I also liked Rodgers coming out today on Pat McAfee saying that he didn't like the bickering on the sidelines, that now they need to be a team more than ever and the fans need to back the team. He also took a shot at Namath being critical....which I LOVED. He also alluded to possibly being at the game.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I would take Tannehill. I would take Cousins, but think his pricetag for half a season isn't worth it. I still think Nick Foles is the guy. Only 34. Has the swagger for NY.

I also liked Rodgers coming out today on Pat McAfee saying that he didn't like the bickering on the sidelines, that now they need to be a team more than ever and the fans need to back the team. He also took a shot at Namath being critical....which I LOVED. He also alluded to possibly being at the game.
Eh. Will Rodgers comments really help? I don't know. The Jets have two players...Lazard and Cobb...and an OC who wouldn't be there if Rodgers wasn't there. They have all underperformed. This team was built for Aaron and he will miss the season.

I hope Douglas doesn't worry about Namath or Rodgers and he makes moves to win.

Husky25

Reaction Score

He's probably not good compared to Siemian either, and I know next to nothing about Siemian.

Wentz offers baggage and a low ceiling at a high price.

Reaction Score
Eh. Will Rodgers comments really help? I don't know. The Jets have two players...Lazard and Cobb...and an OC who wouldn't be there if Rodgers wasn't there. They have all underperformed. This team was built for Aaron and he will miss the season.

I hope Douglas doesn't worry about Namath or Rodgers and he makes moves to win.
I do think his comments are the right way to getting the stink off this franchise. Every year they point fingers and the media and fans revolt. I do think Rodgers is still a little “Wisconsin” and not “NY” with this approach but I trust he is the guy who can change the culture.

Reaction Score
Am I desperate enough to give Kaeperenick the shot he’s asking for? Yes. I am.

Husky25

Reaction Score
From what I'm hearing, Wentz is too turnover prone and supposedly a jerk in the locker room. And he hasn't played and is older.
Oh my....Really? You?

Kaepernick is 6 years older than Wentz and has hasn't played since 2016, let alone lately. Not to mention, learning the offense.

I don't think he's a jerk, but he'd probably be a distraction in New York. He was also benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert twice, which irrespective of his activism and alleged blackballing, indicates his skill level...6 years ago. It'd be entertaining from the outside looking in and the Jets would win the back page, but at what cost?

Reaction Score
Oh my....Really? You?

Kaepernick is 6 years older than Wentz and has hasn't played since 2016, let alone lately. Not to mention, learning the offense.

I don't think he's a jerk, but he'd probably be a distraction in New York. He was also benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert twice, which irrespective of his activism and alleged blackballing, indicates his skill level...6 years ago. It'd be entertaining from the outside looking in and the Jets would win the back page, but at what cost?
I'm well aware of the pros and cons of Wentz and Kap. I still think Kaepernick has more upside on the field than Wentz. You don't?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm well aware of the pros and cons of Wentz and Kap. I still think Kaepernick has more upside on the field than Wentz. You don't?
I think they are both unemployable when it comes to the quarterback position in the National Football League.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think they are both unemployable when it comes to the quarterback position in the National Football League.
Will Grier would have been a better option than either them by a huge margin and they let the Patriots grab him.

Reaction Score
Will Grier would have been a better option than either them by a huge margin and they let the Patriots grab him.
I mean when you can get a guy with a career 2.8 QBR, 53% completion percentage, and 0 to 4 TD to INT ratio you have to grab him.

Wonder who will get the call from Canton first, Grier or Corral?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean when you can get a guy with a career 2.8 QBR, 53% completion percentage, and 0 to 4 TD to INT ratio you have to grab him.

Wonder who will get the call from Canton first, Grier or Corral?
And yet, still a better option than those two guys.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I actually thought about Kap for a minute until I saw he has been out of the league 6 years.

They need to go get Tannehill.

Reaction Score
I actually thought about Kap for a minute until I saw he has been out of the league 6 years.

They need to go get Tannehill.
So with Zach Wilson they are what, a 3 or 4 win team? And with Tannehill or one of these other old vets mentioned they are what, a 5 or 6 win team? They are still batting the Pats for 3rd in the division and not sniffing the playoffs.

I would rather go full on tank and hope to get a top pick and have a chance for one of the QBs coming out.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So with Zach Wilson they are what, a 3 or 4 win team? And with Tannehill or one of these other old vets mentioned they are what, a 5 or 6 win team? They are still batting the Pats for 3rd in the division and not sniffing the playoffs.

I would rather go full on tank and hope to get a top pick and have a chance for one of the QBs coming out.
You are obviously not a Jets fan...because the Jets can't even tank successfully. If they could...they would have Trevor Lawrence and not Zach Wilson.

I think they could win 9 or 10 games with a healthy Tannehill. It's worth trying to get him. Second half schedule is a bit easier than first half.

But...as each day goes by a trade makes less and less sense.

Reaction Score
You are obviously not a Jets fan...because the Jets can't even tank successfully. If they could...they would have Trevor Lawrence and not Zach Wilson.

I think they could win 9 or 10 games with a healthy Tannehill. It's worth trying to get him. Second half schedule is a bit easier than first half.

But...as each day goes by a trade makes less and less sense.
The Jets win total was 9.5 before the year with Rogers, but Tannehill is going to come to a soon to be 1-3 team with a bad o line and horrible receivers outside of Wilson and win 9 outta the last 13 games?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom