The Official 2023 New York Jets thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New York Jets thread

Reaction Score
I know what to make of it. Saleh disappointed the hell out of me with a garbage game plan on both sides of the ball.

1) It was 3rd and long all day and you're putting ZW in a position to fail asking him to constantly convert those against that Dallas D.
2) Breece Hall had 4 rushes, Dalvin Cook had 4 rushes. Design something where you commit and pound them with 20+ touches for Cook and 15+ for Hall.
3) I hate the fact they don't let their corners shadow a WR and I'm furious they let Lamb have that day against them. Against Sauce, Lamb had 5 targets and had 4 rec for 18 yds. That gives him 7 rec for 125 yds otherwise. Diggs also had a good game off Sauce. You HAVE to use that strength to it's fullest and shut the other WR1 down.

He's going to be schooled by Belichick this week. And it's up to Wilson to convert 3rd and longs and the Defense/Special Teams to figure out a way to win.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I know what to make of it. Saleh disappointed the hell out of me with a garbage game plan on both sides of the ball.

1) It was 3rd and long all day and you're putting ZW in a position to fail asking him to constantly convert those against that Dallas D.
2) Breece Hall had 4 rushes, Dalvin Cook had 4 rushes. Design something where you commit and pound them with 20+ touches for Cook and 15+ for Hall.
3) I hate the fact they don't let their corners shadow a WR and I'm furious they let Lamb have that day against them. Against Sauce, Lamb had 5 targets and had 4 rec for 18 yds. That gives him 7 rec for 125 yds otherwise. Diggs also had a good game off Sauce. You HAVE to use that strength to it's fullest and shut the other WR1 down.

He's going to be schooled by Belichick this week. And it's up to Wilson to convert 3rd and longs and the Defense/Special Teams to figure out a way to win.
I can blame Saleh for hiring Hackett...but I can't blame him for the offensive play calling in that game. That's all on Hackett.

My question about what to make of it was in reference to Zach. Does he look better? Will they stick with him?

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
You do realize what Rodgers would have looked like, right?
I am sure he would have been great. But the fact still remains that Carr is younger and healthier....and wouldn't have cost two second round picks.

But...I still think the Rodgers trade was the right way to go..it's just frustrating to watch Zach then Carr and think about what could have been.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am sure he would have been great. But the fact still remains that Carr is younger and healthier....and wouldn't have cost two second round picks.

But...I still think the Rodgers trade was the right way to go..it's just frustrating to watch Zach then Carr and think about what could have been.
I'm no Jets fan, but Carr isn't the bridge to Wilson that Rodgers is. Rodgers sat for two years watching Favre. Wilson needed to sit and learn how to play the position. There's nothing wrong with his tools, they're possibly up there with Rodgers'. If you truly didn't believe in Wilson at all, then Carr would be a better choice.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I'm no Jets fan, but Carr isn't the bridge to Wilson that Rodgers is. Rodgers sat for two years watching Favre. Wilson needed to sit and learn how to play the position. There's nothing wrong with his tools, they're possibly up there with Rodgers'. If you truly didn't believe in Wilson at all, then Carr would be a better choice.
I am hoping Wilson finally gets it. He seems to be missing the mental part of the game and I am not sure how much he can fix that.

So... I would say I wasn't looking for a bridge. I was thinking long term with Carr.

But...they made their bad. Wilson has the arm...maybe he will develop the head. And it would be nice if Hackett had a scheme to help him succeed.

Reaction Score
Derek Carr looks good in NO. Sigh.
Um, no he hasn't. 1 TD in two games, 20th or lower in completion percentage, QBR, PFF grade, ect. All while playing behind a very good offensive line.

Rogers was the right decision.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Um, no he hasn't. 1 TD in two games, 20th or lower in completion percentage, QBR, PFF grade, ect. All while playing behind a very good offensive line.

Rogers was the right decision.
He looks better than Zach. In case you haven't noticed...Rodgers isn't playing.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Nothing like Monday morning quarterbacking after Rodgers gets hurt.
Well..if you read this thread I was originally for Carr over Rodgers. Mainly because Carr was younger... wouldn't require giving up picks..and he would be there longer. I also called out that Carr isn't injury prone.

But...when I saw Rodger's leadership I warmed up to the trade. Add in he said he was all in for multiple years, I thought it was the right move.

So... yeah..you are wrong. It wasn't Monday morning quarterbacking. Maybe @HeGotGame can take back his like.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
affled)...is Carr. Followed by Garappolo. I don't think they want the short term fix of Rodgers that will cost multiple picks.

Carr is not perfect...but he I'll provide stability that they desperately need. Draft an offensive lineman in the first round...and sign a mid tier WR. Offense would be set. Fall back is Garoppolo...and maybe re-sign White as insurance.
Doesn't sound like Monday morning quarterbacking to me...

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
think where we differ is our assessment of Carr. I do think they can get to the Superbowl with him. And I do think he will give them five plus years of stable quarterback play with a chance to make Superbowl runs.

You think Carr is a bad quarterback. So...I can see why you are all in on Rodgers.

I just really hope it's one of the two. They might be ok with Jimmy G...but that is a distant plan b.
This was months ago....still think I am a Monday morning quarterback?

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
This will repeat itself next year...if he decides to play this year. The Jets don't need this drama. They need to move forward without Rodgers. Make the pitch to Carr....then Garappolo. Then work on building the team around them.
Oh what's this...another post 6 months ago when I said I prefer Carr? Maybe not a Monday morning quarterback?

I will accept your apology.

Reaction Score
Oh what's this...another post 6 months ago when I said I prefer Carr? Maybe not a Monday morning quarterback?

I will accept your apology.
Are you okay?

I've never seen a grow man get so upset over somthing so trivial. Who knew saying uou Monday morning quarterbacked something would result in this. Honestly, it's embarrassing.

Try to not cry to much over it, I'm sure he was just kidding around.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Are you okay?

I've never seen a grow man get so upset over somthing so trivial. Who knew saying uou Monday morning quarterbacked something would result in this. Honestly, it's embarrassing.

Try to not cry to much over it, I'm sure he was just kidding around.
Oh...you're one of those. Come on strong with an opinion and when you get strong push back you say "lighten up".

Got it.

Reaction Score
Oh...you're one of those. Come on strong with an opinion and when you get strong push back you say "lighten up".

Got it.
You posted 4 times without being responded to crying about not being a Monday morning quarterback. Looney tune stuff.

Reaction Score
Well..if you read this thread I was originally for Carr over Rodgers. Mainly because Carr was younger... wouldn't require giving up picks..and he would be there longer. I also called out that Carr isn't injury prone.

But...when I saw Rodger's leadership I warmed up to the trade. Add in he said he was all in for multiple years, I thought it was the right move.

So... yeah..you are wrong. It wasn't Monday morning quarterbacking. Maybe @HeGotGame can take back his like.
You do know a player has to want to play in NY too.

Carr was never cutout to play in NY, a lot of athletes aren’t, there aren’t many places to hide vs playing in New Orleans where you have the Midwest, Texas and a short flight to Cali. Carr couldn’t cut it in Vegas no way could he handle NY. He’s a loser cry baby qb.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
You posted 4 times without being responded to crying about not being a Monday morning quarterback. Looney tune stuff.
Um...I was posting multiple quotes from earlier posts that I made that proves I am not a Monday morning quarterback. I guess I could have put all the quotes in one post. Next time I will do better at consolidating quotes so I don't confuse you about my sanity.

Point still is...I was always a fan of Carr over Rodgers for various reasons. But...that doesn't mean Rodgers didn't grow on me and I think they made the right move. That being said... I still would rather see Carr out there instead of Zach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom