The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yeah, hopefully Mike white does well enough.

Gotta question the scouting department especially when looking at qbs, they've been terrible for years.
I love Douglas....but between Becton and Wilson...those look to be bad first round picks. But.... hopefully Wilson figures it out.

Reaction Score
I love Douglas....but between Becton and Wilson...those look to be bad first round picks. But.... hopefully Wilson figures it out.
I like Douglas too. I think wilson was an owner influenced pick and the Johnsons are complete idiots. Becton I think is just bad luck.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I like Douglas too. I think wilson was an owner influenced pick and the Johnsons are complete idiots. Becton I think is just bad luck.
I don't know about that....wasn't Wilson picked when Christopher was in charge? I don't think he is like his brother.... he would let Douglas make the call.

Also...picking Wilson wasn't a surprise... consensus was that he was the #2 quarterback in that draft.

Becton had red flags...and Wirfs would have been the better pick.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Jets fan (quite the opposite) but I don't think they whiffed. I simply think they made the assumption he could learn on the job because the team wasn't going anywhere. Now with a playoff spot on the line they are making a change. He was always a guy who was going to need time to develop.

Be glad you're not the 49ers who gave up a king's ransom to take Trey Lance (also a developmental QB). They got lucky he got hurt. They would have had the same problem.
That's a nice, optimistic view from a non-Jets fan....and I wish I could buy it? Having Lucy pull the football away enough over all these DECADES makes that hard to do though.

In my head, they spent 2 top 3 picks on Darnold and Wilson and Belichick broke both of their brains.

Reaction Score
I don't know about that....wasn't Wilson picked when Christopher was in charge? I don't think he is like his brother.... he would let Douglas make the call.

Also...picking Wilson wasn't a surprise... consensus was that he was the #2 quarterback in that draft.

Becton had red flags...and Wirfs would have been the better pick.
Christopher is why we got gase for two crappy years, they both are disasters as owners. I agree wirfs would have been better, but Becton wasn't bad his rookie year.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Because I am a Jets fan....and UConn football fan....I always expect the worst.

Was the White we saw yesterday something we can count on...or will it be like last year and he will throw 4 picks against the Vikings?

Anyway....everytime Wilson isn't running the offense, you see how good of an OC Lafleur is...and how good the WRs are.

I know the Bears suck...but it was nice to enjoy watching both the defense AND the offense.

Reaction Score
Because I am a Jets fan....and UConn football fan....I always expect the worst.

Was the White we saw yesterday something we can count on...or will it be like last year and he will throw 4 picks against the Vikings?

Anyway....everytime Wilson isn't running the offense, you see how good of an OC Lafleur is...and how good the WRs are.

I know the Bears suck...but it was nice to enjoy watching both the defense AND the offense.
Wilson would have stunk and blamed the rain for his bad game. White throwing well in bad weather is nice to see. Hopefully he keeps it up. Lots of safe, quick throws. Wilson hangs onto the ball too long and wants to run around for some reason. Also helps that white got a couple olineman back to help protect.

Reaction Score
Yesterday really put the cherry on the sundae in this regard. White didn't stand on his head. I think Saleh put it "he made the easy throws look easy" or something of that nature.

I don't feel I'm being out of line saying this. If we started White all year, we'd be leading the division right now heading into December.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Yesterday really put the cherry on the sundae in this regard. White didn't stand on his head. I think Saleh put it "he made the easy throws look easy" or something of that nature.

I don't feel I'm being out of line saying this. If we started White all year, we'd be leading the division right now heading into December.
It feels that way...but what happened last year? He started out hot then sputtered. Will teams now have recent tape on him and scheme to shut him down? Are the Bears just that bad?

I think it's too soon to say he should have been starting all year. But...if he does continue to play this way, you have to at least wonder why they started Flacco when Zach was injured the beginning of the year.

Reaction Score
It feels that way...but what happened last year? He started out hot then sputtered. Will teams now have recent tape on him and scheme to shut him down? Are the Bears just that bad?

I think it's too soon to say he should have been starting all year. But...if he does continue to play this way, you have to at least wonder why they started Flacco when Zach was injured the beginning of the year.
Last year, probably lack of talent at wr overall, I don't remember if Moore got hurt during that time frame or not. Defense was probably performing terribly and he was forced to throw more too.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Last year, probably lack of talent at wr overall, I don't remember if Moore got hurt during that time frame or not. Defense was probably performing terribly and he was forced to throw more too.
True....more options this year at TE and WR should help White. Plus....defense should keep games close and White shouldn't have to be leaned on too often.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They're showing the end of Jets-Vikings here. White is entertaining. For fans of a certain age, he's got a bit of Daryl "Mad Bomber" Lamonica in him.

Oof... Barrios dropped the likely winning TD.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Brutal loss. Their playoff chances took a major hit. Next week in buffalo will be beyond tough. You know buffalo wants revenge.

White needs to play well from the start of the game….and Lefleur needs to use the running game more to help White.

But…G Wilson looks like a star.

Reaction Score
Hate the Jets, but always respected Nick Mangold.

Had NO IDEA Phish's Trey Anastasio was so geeked out by the Jets and specifically Nick Mangold:

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Hate the Jets, but always respected Nick Mangold.

Had NO IDEA Phish's Trey Anastasio was so geeked out by the Jets and specifically Nick Mangold:

Mangold is a good dude.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So...I was feeling good about their chances against the Lions this week and now White is ruled out for the game.

Now... I have no idea. It would be great to see Zach come in and show why he was the #2 pick. But....these are the Jets...soooo..

Reaction Score
So...I was feeling good about their chances against the Lions this week and now White is ruled out for the game.

Now... I have no idea. It would be great to see Zach come in and show why he was the #2 pick. But....these are the Jets...soooo..
The fact that we need this game and Wilson is starting is so Jets that I just can't take it anymore.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Oh well...it was fun while it lasted. Being the Jets....they fail to deliver when it counts. Wilson as expected was a mixed bag. They needed the defense or special teams to score and the opposite happened. Special teams gave up a TD and the D didn't get a turnover and gave up a 50 yd TD on 4th and 1.

This football season started slow....but got amazing with the Jets and UConn winning a few games. Now the Jets have collapsed and UConn crapped the bed against Army. Why do I have a bad feeling that UConn is going to smoked tomorrow?

Why? Because that's been my football life the last 10 years...lol.

Reaction Score
Oh well...it was fun while it lasted. Being the Jets....they fail to deliver when it counts. Wilson as expected was a mixed bag. They needed the defense or special teams to score and the opposite happened. Special teams gave up a TD and the D didn't get a turnover and gave up a 50 yd TD on 4th and 1.

This football season started slow....but got amazing with the Jets and UConn winning a few games. Now the Jets have collapsed and UConn crapped the bed against Army. Why do I have a bad feeling that UConn is going to smoked tomorrow?

Why? Because that's been my football life the last 10 years...lol.

I hope they go back to White and cut bait on Wilson. If I know the Jets though, they’ll let Wilson play and he’ll do well enough to sabotage next seasons QB plans as well.

Reaction Score
You can’t blame that game on Wilson he gave you a lead, the defense choked. Horrible clock management by Salaeh at the end.

Reaction Score
I hope they go back to White and cut bait on Wilson. If I know the Jets though, they’ll let Wilson play and he’ll do well enough to sabotage next seasons QB plans as well.
White isn’t playing the rest of the season, your not recovering from multiple rib fractures in 1 week.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I heard Tannenbaum on Cimini's podcast, and he said the Jets need to re-sign White as the starting QB at like $15mm a year, and have Wilson as a backup. White is an unrestricted FA this year.

I agree.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
And I will add....the offensive line needs to be priority one, two and three this offseason. Another awful performance today. And they need to assume Becton will get injured again.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Cheer up Jets fans. As bad as your loss was yesterday, it doesn't compare to how the Pats lost. One of the most absurd endings I've ever seen, if not the most.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom