The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The other factor here is that the Buffalo win means they're not sneaking up on anyone from this point forward.

I think they beat NE easily this weekend. I don't think Wilson plays nearly as poor as he did the first time and I think the defense beats up Mac Jones.
I really hope so...but until I see it, I don't trust Zach enough to win the game. If they do win... it will be because the defense made Jones miserable and/or special teams makes plays.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I'll be there, in the cold. Wearing blue and red. I expect a close game, with Wilson playing better than the prior game. But the Patriots are healthier than they were in that game on both sides of the ball. Pats by 7. Both teams (and Miami and Buffalo) have difficult schedules remaining. The AFC is going to be wild down to the last weekend.
It will be interesting to see how Josh Allen comes back from a tough couple games.

I agree....it's going to be wild.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For the Jets fans
B4919404-66DC-4015-AEEF-03DCF0AB4C58.jpeg

Reaction Score
I really hope so...but until I see it, I don't trust Zach enough to win the game. If they do win... it will be because the defense made Jones miserable and/or special teams makes plays.
Jets should sign Brady in the offseason.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Im guessing the delay was engineered for some nefarious reason by Belicheat....

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Which offense is worse.... UConn or the Jets? They are remarkably similar. Both are supposedly led by young offensive gurus. Both depend on a running game....and lost their best running backs to injuries. Both have young quarterbacks who struggle to pass for 100 yards.

Both....are brutal to watch on a week to week basis.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Sadly....I was correct. Zach sucked...again.

Postgame he said he didn't let the defense down. Last week he said the reporters don't know what they are talking about.

Zach needs to sit this week and gain some perspective. His head is not in the right place...and they can't let the season go to crap because he was the number two pick in the draft.

White needs to get the start this week.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Slit my throat. Worse than UConn FB game yesterday

Reaction Score
As a Sox fan who experienced the pre-2004 era, I feel like Jets v Pats has the same kind of vibe as sox-yanks, just in the opposite direction.
Everything that can go wrong with the Jets will go wrong, sometimes in excruciating fashion

Reaction Score
Zach needs to sit and watch this week...

LaFool calling the same two plays in back to back drives to start each drive is why I would blame LaFool. Both bad short passes to the wr....first one way over Berrios head, second uncatchable to I believe Moore or mims. After each failed pass second down LaFool calls a run up the middle for little to no gain setting up a sure to fail 3rd and long. Honestly if Zach can't make that throw, and it appears he clearly can't, he's not an nfl qb.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Saleh is non-committal on who starts at QB. Smart move. Anything else and he loses the locker room. And Saleh has been smart around managing the locker room.

I say start White...let Wilson watch. I am not giving up on him, but he hasn't reacted well to his struggles and he needs to get some perspective. I am really disappointed in his immaturity.

Reaction Score
Saleh is non-committal on who starts at QB. Smart move. Anything else and he loses the locker room. And Saleh has been smart around managing the locker room.

I say start White...let Wilson watch. I am not giving up on him, but he hasn't reacted well to his struggles and he needs to get some perspective. I am really disappointed in his immaturity.

Wilson will start, play half way decent, coaching staff will forget to put him on a leash the next game, he'll have a similar performance to the pats game and this will continue until the end of the year. Hopefully we get to see white if Zach struggles. At this point I'd like to see streveler, we know white will throw stupid ints.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Wilson will start, play half way decent, coaching staff will forget to put him on a leash the next game, he'll have a similar performance to the pats game and this will continue until the end of the year. Hopefully we get to see white if Zach struggles. At this point I'd like to see streveler, we know white will throw stupid ints.
You are probably right...to keep the locker room Saleh had to make things uncomfortable for Zach. But in the end...they will trot him out there again.

Reaction Score
I’m even hearing Chris Streveler on the practice squad is also being discussed seriously. Not for Sunday but potentially. They love his “command”? Jesus. This is so Jets.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I’m even hearing Chris Streveler on the practice squad is also being discussed seriously. Not for Sunday but potentially. They love his “command”? Jesus. This is so Jets.
Could he have done worse than Zach last week?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Zach is sitting at the start at least

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I like the move. They have a chance to make the playoffs this year and it won't happen with Zach. I give Saleh credit for making the tough call....but he owed it to the rest of the team.

It really really stinks that it looks like once again...the jets have whiffed in drafting a quarterback.

Reaction Score
I like the move. They have a chance to make the playoffs this year and it won't happen with Zach. I give Saleh credit for making the tough call....but he owed it to the rest of the team.

It really really stinks that it looks like once again...the jets have whiffed in drafting a quarterback.
Yeah, hopefully Mike white does well enough.

Gotta question the scouting department especially when looking at qbs, they've been terrible for years.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I'm not a Jets fan (quite the opposite) but I don't think they whiffed. I simply think they made the assumption he could learn on the job because the team wasn't going anywhere. Now with a playoff spot on the line they are making a change. He was always a guy who was going to need time to develop.

Be glad you're not the 49ers who gave up a king's ransom to take Trey Lance (also a developmental QB). They got lucky he got hurt. They would have had the same problem.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I'm not a Jets fan (quite the opposite) but I don't think they whiffed. I simply think they made the assumption he could learn on the job because the team wasn't going anywhere. Now with a playoff spot on the line they are making a change. He was always a guy who was going to need time to develop.

Be glad you're not the 49ers who gave up a king's ransom to take Trey Lance (also a developmental QB). They got lucky he got hurt. They would have had the same problem.
Well....they haven't officially whiffed yet. But...there are red flags regarding his leadership capability...and he hasn't shown any growth after 20 starts. Hopefully he can figure it out...he has the arm talent....but does he have the head talent. Don't know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom