The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread

Reaction Score
So....now we are hearing the Jets OC position is not desirable because they don't have a QB.

Thats the tough part about hiring an OC first. But...I guess the timing is the timing. If the Jets wait for FA window...it might be too late for a good OC.

So what do they do...wait until they get a QB and risk losing top choices? Hire someone further down the list and hope they can make a QB and OC marriage work?

Greg Olson seems like a good option...who can hopefully help them land Carr. And he isn't the young up and coming OC that everyone covets. Jets need experience on that staff.

I see Roman was let go in Baltimore...and speculation he could go somewhere with Lamar Jackson. I will say that I am not interested in Lamar Jackson or any dual threat QB. Mobile QB yes....dual threat no. They get injured too often. What good is Lamar Jackson helping you win the first 10 games if he can't play in the playoffs? If I was Chicago, I am drafting Bryce Young. Fields is already injured. That's not going to change...he will keep getting injured. And if he doesn't run....his value decreases.

Should be interesting.

I do NOT want Carr. You have to trade for him and his contract is nuts the next few years. I think he’s due like 34-36m a year. No thank you.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I do NOT want Carr. You have to trade for him and his contract is nuts the next few years. I think he’s due like 34-36m a year. No thank you.
Well... Carr could get released. If they don't trade him by the third day after the Superbowl, his contract becomes guaranteed.

And... I would assume if they traded for him they would renegotiate his deal. He is only 32.

Carr isn't amazing...but he is the best option out there and he is durable. Durability is underrated.

Who that's realistically available would you rather have?

Reaction Score
Well... Carr could get released. If they don't trade him by the third day after the Superbowl, his contract becomes guaranteed.

And... I would assume if they traded for him they would renegotiate his deal. He is only 32.

Carr isn't amazing...but he is the best option out there and he is durable. Durability is underrated.

Who that's realistically available would you rather have?

He also has a no trade clause so he can dictate where he does or doesn’t go. If you think he’s getting a lot less money you’re wrong.

Pie in the sky? I’d like them to get Rodgers. Next I’d like Lamar Jackson. Next I’d like Jimmy G. Next I’d like baker mayfield over carr.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
He also has a no trade clause so he can dictate where he does or doesn’t go. If you think he’s getting a lot less money you’re wrong.

Pie in the sky? I’d like them to get Rodgers. Next I’d like Lamar Jackson. Next I’d like Jimmy G. Next I’d like baker mayfield over carr.
Wow...we totally disagree. I don't mind Rodgers...but you do know he will cost more than Carr?

Lamar Jackson...no...he can't stay on the field. Very expensive quarterback who plays half the season.

Jimmy G if everything else falls through. I would like this idea more if Lafleur was still here. But he isn't. He can't stay healthy and they don't have a backup.

Baker Mayfield? I will assume you are drinking tonight. I would rather go with White.

Carr is by far the best option.

Reaction Score
Wow...we totally disagree. I don't mind Rodgers...but you do know he will cost more than Carr?

Lamar Jackson...no...he can't stay on the field. Very expensive quarterback who plays half the season.

Jimmy G if everything else falls through. I would like this idea more if Lafleur was still here. But he isn't. He can't stay healthy and they don't have a backup.

Baker Mayfield? I will assume you are drinking tonight. I would rather go with White.

Carr is by far the best option.

I disagree 100% Carr is the best option. He has been average at best his entire career and never elevated the Raiders who, by the way, had Adams, Renfrow, Waller and the NFLs leading rusher this year. And he is due 37.5 m a year for the next three years.

Aaron Rodgers is a FOUR time MVP and hall of famer.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Aaron Rodgers is a FOUR time MVP and hall of famer.
He will be 40 this year and is coming off of a bad year.

I think Rodgers isn't a bad idea...but I like the long term viability of Carr. Rodgers would be similar to getting Favre when they did....which was a mixed bag. And every postseason would be an unknown at QB.

I agree with Orlovsky who says Carr is a top 12 quarterback.

Reaction Score
He will be 40 this year and is coming off of a bad year.

I think Rodgers isn't a bad idea...but I like the long term viability of Carr. Rodgers would be similar to getting Favre when they did....which was a mixed bag. And every postseason would be an unknown at QB.

I agree with Orlovsky who says Carr is a top 12 quarterback.

I always call Derek carr the white Dak Prescott and vice versa. Look good enough to tease you into believing. Then here comes the back breaker INT.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
It appears Rodgers "might" be traded. It would have made more sense for him or Garappolo to go the Jets if Lefleur still there.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I always call Derek carr the white Dak Prescott and vice versa. Look good enough to tease you into believing. Then here comes the back breaker INT.
A white Dak is good enough for this team. With their defense and offensive skill position players, average QB play would make them a contender.

Reaction Score
Don’t know if you want a qb who cries playing for your franchise.

Maybe the Jets should just not have any qbs on their roster I bet Jets fans would be less miserable.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Who cried? And who cares if they cried?

You don't understand Jets fans...misery will always exist.

Reaction Score
Who cried? And who cares if they cried?

You don't understand Jets fans...misery will always exist.
Was joking about having no qbs obviously but is true bad qb play makes a fan base miserable.

About crying I was referring to Derek Carr, don’t think a qb crying after a loss is a big deal but the NY media will make a huge deal about it so it does become a big deal if your not winning, especially if your throwing teammates under the bus and then quit on the team.

Maybe you catch a break on getting Carr on a reasonable deal and he reinvents himself a bit.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
A white Dak is good enough for this team. With their defense and offensive skill position players, average QB play would make them a contender.
Ok...maybe not white Dak...lol. I still think Carr is a good option.

On a side note...the Jets hoped Zach could be like Purdy....just manage the game. He failed. Its hard to believe the last pick in last year's draft is better than the second pick in the prior year's draft. Only the Jets.

Reaction Score
Nathaniel Hackett as OC is a complete head scratcher. Wow. This franchise continues to mystify me. Might as well have brought back Adam Gase.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nathaniel Hackett as OC is a complete head scratcher. Wow. This franchise continues to mystify me. Might as well have brought back Adam Gase.

I just read his Wikipedia profile. If not for Bob Diaco, Hackett seems to be a dictionary definition for the Peter Principle. The only time he has over achieved is with a star QB or strong stable of running backs. OTOH, he did diddly poo with Russell Wilson.

Analogous to baseball, he seems to be a AAAA OC, who is better suited as a QB/TE coach.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I am mixed on this. I tend to trust Saleh....he seems like a bright guy and he knows if this doesn't work he is gone.

It does make you wonder if there is a Rodgers trade being worked on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think it may mean you are getting Rogers. I don't think he is interested in playing in GB anymore and they need to see if Love can play. But how much do you give up for him? Not as much as Denver did for Wilson or Cleveland did for Watson.

Reaction Score
I think it may mean you are getting Rogers. I don't think he is interested in playing in GB anymore and they need to see if Love can play. But how much do you give up for him? Not as much as Denver did for Wilson or Cleveland did for Watson.
Depends on the market. Safe to say his time is done in Green Bay. Who needs a QB and has the space/desire to trade for him?

Raiders? Maybe. Reunite with Adams? Miami? Carolina? New Orleans? Atlanta?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Depends on the market. Safe to say his time is done in Green Bay. Who needs a QB and has the space/desire to trade for him?

I'd be hesitant about the Jets picking up Rodgers. He'll be 40 and just recorded his worst statistical full season. Even though he does not have a no-trade clause, Green Bay will probably afford him the respect for a chance to win immediately, Accordingly, Rodgers should be viewed as a finishing piece to plop into a Super Bowl puzzle, not someone around whom to build. Coming off a 7-10 season, are The Jets that? You would know better than I. Then again, are any of those teams (LV: 6-11, Car, Atl, NO: 7-10). Miami is the closest, but don't have a 1st to trade and Green Bay is probably going to want a haul, including an immediate payoff.

Washington desperately needs a QB as well, and I find it difficult to believe they are going to roll with Sam Howell right off the bat in 2023, though, he'll be in the preseason competition. OTOH, considering the Wentz debacle, they can't afford an immediate redo, even if it is for Rodgers. I don't think they are close either, even though they were only a game out of the playoffs.

Husky25

Reaction Score

I'd be hesitant about the Jets picking up Rodgers. He'll be 40 and just recorded his worst statistical full season. Even though he does not have a no-trade clause, Green Bay will probably afford him the respect for a chance to win immediately, Accordingly, Rodgers should be viewed as a finishing piece to plop into a Super Bowl puzzle, not someone around whom to build. Coming off a 7-10 season, are The Jets that? You would know better than I. Then again, are any of those teams (LV: 6-11, Car, Atl, NO: 7-10). Miami is the closest, but don't have a 1st to trade and Green Bay is probably going to want a haul, including an immediate payoff.

Washington desperately needs a QB as well, and I find it difficult to believe they are going to roll with Sam Howell right off the bat in 2023, though, he'll be in the preseason competition. OTOH, considering the Wentz debacle, they can't afford an immediate redo, even if it is for Rodgers. I don't think they are close either, even though they were only a game out of the playoffs.
(Edit: past the "edit" window): All that said. If the Jets do land Rodgers, I hope the season is entertaining for you and them. Heaven knows it's been a long time coming for Jets fans.

Reaction Score
I think the Jets defense could be good enough where Rodgers is "enough" of what they need. Limit the mistakes with a flash of greatness here or there in a big spot.

That said, the Bills likely win the division so the best you're looking at is a wild card and a path that includes Buffalo, Cincy or KC on the road to start.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think the Jets defense could be good enough where Rodgers is "enough" of what they need. Limit the mistakes with a flash of greatness here or there in a big spot.

That said, the Bills likely win the division so the best you're looking at is a wild card and a path that includes Buffalo, Cincy or KC on the road to start.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I do think they are a good QB away from the playoffs...and the 2021 version of Rodgers would make them a super bowl contender. I would think Rodgers would help them attract a WR and OL help. Rodgers played injured later year...so his poor year was probably an anomaly. I don't think the return would be anything like Wilson or Watson. Both much younger QBs.

That being said....I wouldn't make the move for Rodgers. It's too much of a crap shoot...and after next season you have to deal with the "will he or won't he" again.

I do think there is no way Hackett signed on without knowing who the Qb will be. So....I think something has been worked out already. And I personally hope it's Carr. Stability and continuity is what they need at QB. He can provide that. And he wouldn't cost as much as Rodgers...even if they had to trade for him. But he may be released. I hope it's not Garoppolo.

But Woody still owns the Jets and we all remember the Favre year. Eerily similar situation. It almost worked...but in typical Jets fashion, Favre got banged up and everyone was fired at the end of the year.

Would Woody tempt fate again? Who knows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom