The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 NY Jets Thread

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
For a while I thought the ball state refs were doing the game.

Zach is coming along, hopefully he's still in his preseason form since he missed almost all of it.

Defense is looking much better. Gardner is great, and they are finally getting pressure on the qb.

Hall is a stud and add Carter is a very nice young one two punch at running back. Hopefully once Zach gets fully comfortable we'll see more from Garrett Wilson and Moore.
I am surprised that Moore hasn't been more Impactful this year. Hard to figure out why.... according to the stats he is getting open.

I think it's all part of Zach needing to develop.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I am surprised that Moore hasn't been more Impactful this year. Hard to figure out why.... according to the stats he is getting open.

I think it's all part of Zach needing to develop.
Well...Moore is showing his immaturity. It's weird that he does much better when White and Flacco are at QB....and Zach needs to figure that out.

But....no excuse for making it about him during a three game winning streak. Especially publicly.

Reaction Score
Well...Moore is showing his immaturity. It's weird that he does much better when White and Flacco are at QB....and Zach needs to figure that out.

But....no excuse for making it about him during a three game winning streak. Especially publicly.
Yeah, Garrett Wilson was upset after the first game and wrote a letter, Moore didn't seem to go that route. At least Mims is active, maybe they will actually utilize him. They've been running the ball a lot more since Zach has returned which is probably why Moore is frustrated, though Lafleur still makes some real bone head calls on offense.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So what did the Jets do to piss off the football Gods? Seriously. AVT and Hall out for the year?

Sigh.

It's all on Zach now. If he doesn't figure out how to make decisions quickly, the Jets are screwed. He holds onto the ball way too long and he needs to stop thinking and just playing. It's time to grow up

Reaction Score
I cannot believe how bad the Pats looked last night against the Bears. And I can't believe how bad Belichick looked with a quick trigger on Mac Jones and a 2nd half where Zappe turned into a pumpkin on the 42 yd line. Rarely is he made to look so stupid in one night.

It sure would be nice to really kick them when they're down this week. At least for a little payback on all those years he ran up the score late in the 4th quarter when given the chance.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I cannot believe how bad the Pats looked last night against the Bears. And I can't believe how bad Belichick looked with a quick trigger on Mac Jones and a 2nd half where Zappe turned into a pumpkin on the 42 yd line. Rarely is he made to look so stupid in one night.

It sure would be nice to really kick them when they're down this week. At least for a little payback on all those years he ran up the score late in the 4th quarter when given the chance.
They ran up the score last year on the Jets and Saleh's comment was "that's something I wouldn't have done". So....I think. he remembers.

I didn't see last night's game but I was shocked with how well the Bears ran the ball. I was also shocked with the quick hook on Jones....did he look that bad?

Reaction Score
They ran up the score last year on the Jets and Saleh's comment was "that's something I wouldn't have done". So....I think. he remembers.

I didn't see last night's game but I was shocked with how well the Bears ran the ball. I was also shocked with the quick hook on Jones....did he look that bad?
Yeah. He looked bad and threw a bad interception. But it was clear Belichick wanted to be the smartest guy in the room, show everyone his magic touch and put the "next Tom Brady" in there and it flopped like in epic proportion. Zappe looked horrible in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Supposedly Judge and Patricia were telling Bill to insert Zappe because he runs their offense better then Jones, what a colossal screw up potentially screwing up 2 qbs. Now you got Mac who isn’t on the same page with his coordinators and Zappe who we will how he does with film on him.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
After a quality 1st half where Wilson looked like a Pro Quarterback and led 10-6 at the half even with a pick 6 being called back due to an egregious roughing the QB, Jets have reverted to unwatchable form in 2nd half

Reaction Score
Wilson has potential talent, but absolutely no awareness. Lafleur isn't a very good oc either, does nothing to really help wilson. Biggest mistake the jets made was allowing Saleh to bring him in as oc instead of an experienced former head coach or experienced oc to really help on that side of the ball. I also don't think having Flacco helped, he doesn't appear to be mentoring Zach at all.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Hard to know why Zach isn't developing....but he isn't. Not sure if he is overthinking...but it just doesn't seem to come natural to him.

Gotta wonder why White was moved up to number two. I wonder if they have made the decision that if they need a change, Flacco and his lack of mobility is not an option. And they need to get more reps for White.

Jets are in the running for a playoff spot....they may have Zach on a short leash. Like unless he plays well this week....he is replaced at the bye. Obviously....buffalo is going to be tough on him. But he needs to figure it out now....or watch White play from the bench.

Reaction Score
Jets did what Belichick wanted which was Zach Wilson throwing the ball more. Belichick will bait you into going away from your game plan and Jets did exactly that they took the bait abandoning the run up 10-3 right before the half.

Reaction Score
Hard to know why Zach isn't developing....but he isn't. Not sure if he is overthinking...but it just doesn't seem to come natural to him.

Gotta wonder why White was moved up to number two. I wonder if they have made the decision that if they need a change, Flacco and his lack of mobility is not an option. And they need to get more reps for White.

Jets are in the running for a playoff spot....they may have Zach on a short leash. Like unless he plays well this week....he is replaced at the bye. Obviously....buffalo is going to be tough on him. But he needs to figure it out now....or watch White play from the bench.
I'm guessing Flacco is going to be part of a trade which is why they made him inactive. Kind of hope they trade Moore at this point and get some more help on the oline. Would be nice to trade for someone like minshew if they aren't sold on Zach and white. Would love to see streveler get a shot, but I'm sure he only looked good in preseason because he was playing against 3rd and 4th stringers

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I will add....as a UConn football and Jets fan....I have seen my share of bad quarterback play over the years. But this year it seems like every team has figured out how to pass the ball except for the Jets and Huskies.

I know there have been injuries....but it would be nice to see some completed passes down field. ..lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I will add....as a UConn football and Jets fan....I have seen my share of bad quarterback play over the years. But this year it seems like every team has figured out how to pass the ball except for the Jets and Huskies.

I know there have been injuries....but it would be nice to see some completed passes down field. ..lol.
I'm not a Jets fan, but for a contrarian view, maybe passing the ball isn't the key to victory? Jets missing Breece Hall was key in that game.

1667310732789.png

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I'm not a Jets fan, but for a contrarian view, maybe passing the ball isn't the key to victory? Jets missing Breece Hall was key in that game.

View attachment 80235
Oh I wish they could have stayed with their running offense. But it was obvious with Hall out that BB was going to make them pass.

It's hard to run the ball with a makeshift offensive line and average backs.

Wilson needed to step up...he didn't. The question is...will he ever be the guy to step up? Don't know...

Interesting comments from Dan O about Wilson not processing correctly...

Reaction Score
Obviously Belichick knew that Wilson has flaws and with no B. Hall, he forced them to throw to beat them and he couldn't.

That Bills D is not going to be fun this weekend. On their best day, the Jets "may" hold them to 21-24 pts. Not sure I see a way of Wilson putting that up against that defense without a punt return, fumble return, etc.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Wow...what a great win going into the bye.

I wasn't able to watch the game....I only saw clips. It appeared the defense and special teams were once again awesome...and that Zach was a good game manager.

How did Zach look? I saw he fumbled....but otherwise was he being safe with the ball?

Reaction Score
Wow...what a great win going into the bye.

I wasn't able to watch the game....I only saw clips. It appeared the defense and special teams were once again awesome...and that Zach was a good game manager.

How did Zach look? I saw he fumbled....but otherwise was he being safe with the ball?

He outdueled the front runner for MVP in the second half. Looked mature and sharp.

You probably won’t get the impact of Sauce Gardner either. He got toasted on the first play for 40 or so by Diggs. Diggs was bumping his gums hard. He didn’t let it impact him, did a great job on Diggs in the 2nd half and made a great play on the last pass of the game.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
He outdueled the front runner for MVP in the second half. Looked mature and sharp.

You probably won’t get the impact of Sauce Gardner either. He got toasted on the first play for 40 or so by Diggs. Diggs was bumping his gums hard. He didn’t let it impact him, did a great job on Diggs in the 2nd half and made a great play on the last pass of the game.
I gotta give credit to Douglas with how he has built this team. Gardner and Reed have been amazing. And he has found a way to patch the offensive line. Breece Hall was a great pick and Robinson seems to be a good pick up after the Hall injury.

Glad to hear Zach looked good. It feels like the season hangs on his development.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So what do we think about the last 8 games? They probably need 4 more wins to make the playoffs. It's a tough schedule...Detroit and Jacksonville at home....I feel good about those two. Even though Fields is playing well....they should be able to beat the Bears at home. So where is the fourth win? I really really really hope it's this weekend at NE. But until Zach shows he won't implode against a BB defense...hard to think the game is anything but 50-50 at best. Winning at Minnesota or Buffalo seems like a reach. At Miami is tough also. Best chance is at NE or at Seattle.

But...as we have seen in th past...the Jets aren't predictable. They could lose or win to any team on that schedule. I do think they get to 10 wins....just not sure how.

Reaction Score
So what do we think about the last 8 games? They probably need 4 more wins to make the playoffs. It's a tough schedule...Detroit and Jacksonville at home....I feel good about those two. Even though Fields is playing well....they should be able to beat the Bears at home. So where is the fourth win? I really really really hope it's this weekend at NE. But until Zach shows he won't implode against a BB defense...hard to think the game is anything but 50-50 at best. Winning at Minnesota or Buffalo seems like a reach. At Miami is tough also. Best chance is at NE or at Seattle.

But...as we have seen in th past...the Jets aren't predictable. They could lose or win to any team on that schedule. I do think they get to 10 wins....just not sure how.
The other factor here is that the Buffalo win means they're not sneaking up on anyone from this point forward.

I think they beat NE easily this weekend. I don't think Wilson plays nearly as poor as he did the first time and I think the defense beats up Mac Jones.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The other factor here is that the Buffalo win means they're not sneaking up on anyone from this point forward.

I think they beat NE easily this weekend. I don't think Wilson plays nearly as poor as he did the first time and I think the defense beats up Mac Jones.
I'll be there, in the cold. Wearing blue and red. I expect a close game, with Wilson playing better than the prior game. But the Patriots are healthier than they were in that game on both sides of the ball. Pats by 7. Both teams (and Miami and Buffalo) have difficult schedules remaining. The AFC is going to be wild down to the last weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom