The Official 2016 NY Yankees Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official 2016 NY Yankees Thread

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Personally, I would trade them both. The Yankees aren't going to be any good next year either. Inject several top prospects into the mix and rebuild properly.

I think this whole "we will only trade Chapman" talk comes from locking in his steep price tag while getting other GMs to stop asking about Miller. Makes perfect sense. Trade Chapman first, wait a few days to let the losing teams of the "Chapman sweepstakes" sink in the reality, then re-engage in trade discussions for Miller. This drives up Miller's price. If clubs aren't willing to meet it, they risk losing in the playoffs and the Yankees keep him. Take one out of the elite LHP arms out of the discussion, for now, get the best possible price for Chapman, then put the other one on the market. It's difficult to get the best possible price for either while they are both available.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Personally, I would trade them both. The Yankees aren't going to be any good next year either. Inject several top prospects into the mix and rebuild properly.

I think this whole "we will only trade Chapman" talk comes from locking in his steep price tag while getting other GMs to stop asking about Miller. Makes perfect sense. Trade Chapman first, wait a few days to let the losing teams of the "Chapman sweepstakes" sink in the reality, then re-engage in trade discussions for Miller. This drives up Miller's price. If clubs aren't willing to meet it, they risk losing in the playoffs and the Yankees keep him. Take one out of the elite LHP arms out of the discussion, for now, get the best possible price for Chapman, then put the other one on the market. It's difficult to get the best possible price for either while they are both available.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Heyman says a mystery team has emerged. Hmmm...'stros?

Dooley

Reaction Score
The teams with the best systems in contention - CHC, BOS, LAD, TEX and HOU. Houston certainly has the prospects to put together a good offer for Chapman. And they sure do need him - Ken Giles has burnt them and while Gregerson and Harris have pitched well this year, they don't scream "lock down" like Chapman (or Miller) do.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The teams with the best systems in contention - CHC, BOS, LAD, TEX and HOU. Houston certainly has the prospects to put together a good offer for Chapman. And they sure do need him - Ken Giles has burnt them and while Gregerson and Harris have pitched well this year, they don't scream "lock down" like Chapman (or Miller) do.

I totally agree.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Jon HeymanVerified account‏@JonHeyman
Yankees got big offers for Chapman Gleyber Torres, who's part of cubs offer for AC, is likely on move somewhere after scratch

If this comes true, there goes that whole ridiculous argument of "well the Yankees only traded a bunch of scratch prospects for Chapman, so they can expect scratch prospects now". Torres as part of a package for Chapman would be a MUST TRADE for the Yankees to make.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In San Diego...Papelbombed today. Badly.

upload_2016-7-24_23-30-12.jpeg

- Cashman

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gleyber Torres will probably be in the Bronx in 2018. Young and toolsy SS.
McKinney is in RF in AA right now. Seems like he'll be a nice hitter in the future. A run producer.
Crawford is in his 5th season and hasn't sniffed AA ball yet and is 22 years old.
I don't think the Yankees really wanted to part with Adam Warren, who is back. Maybe to be a SP again if the deal a SP.

Nice job #firecashman

Dooley

Reaction Score
OUTSTANDING haul by the Yanks. Torres is obviously the key to the deal but you can never have enough SS, even if they have Mateo already. You can always shift a SS anywhere on the field and get good defense. I'm surprised to see McKinney in the package. I thought the Cubs would prefer to deal away another longer projection. The upside isn't as high with McKinney as it is other OFs in the Cubs system but he or Judge can absolutely fill in the OF should the Yanks decide to sell off some OF bats.

With this kind of package for a rental (with no contract extension requirement to a deal), I can only guess at the haul Andrew Miller would bring in. I hope the Yankees continue down this path. It would definitely net in another org top 5 prospect (maybe even two top 10 prospects) and give the Yankees much more added quality prospect depth as they build towards the 2018-19 free agency class.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
OUTSTANDING haul by the Yanks. Torres is obviously the key to the deal but you can never have enough SS, even if they have Mateo already. You can always shift a SS anywhere on the field and get good defense. I'm surprised to see McKinney in the package. I thought the Cubs would prefer to deal away another longer projection. The upside isn't as high with McKinney as it is other OFs in the Cubs system but he or Judge can absolutely fill in the OF should the Yanks decide to sell off some OF bats.

With this kind of package for a rental (with no contract extension requirement to a deal), I can only guess at the haul Andrew Miller would bring in. I hope the Yankees continue down this path. It would definitely net in another org top 5 prospect (maybe even two top 10 prospects) and give the Yankees much more added quality prospect depth as they build towards the 2018-19 free agency class.
I hope the Yanks leave Houston with Reed and Musgrove.

:)

Reaction Score
Obviously they have to like getting the Cubs #1 but with DiDi looking like a steady for a while, wondering why not a heavy hitting OFer or a young stud arm.

Reaction Score
I think it's all about stockpiling as many high-level assets as possible as opposed to looking for guys that can be contributors on the big league team. Maybe they can now turn around and parley Torres into a package for Chris Sale or someone of that caliber.

Dooley

Reaction Score
You an also shift SS into other positions easier than others. You can bulk up a SS and move him to a CI spot while still keeping a good glove. If speed is the key attribute, you can shift a SS into an OF spot. Most SS have decent arms so that can play in the OF with the speed to run down balls.

If it's a coin-flip, always take the SS prospect. You can find OF prospects (aside: they got a pretty good one in McKinney in this deal). They just drafted Rutherford and Judge should be given a few hundred at-bats soon.

I hope the Yankees deal Miller now too. Look at the haul a rental got. The haul a cost-controlled Miller could net could really expedite the rebuilding process.

Reaction Score
You an also shift SS into other positions easier than others. You can bulk up a SS and move him to a CI spot while still keeping a good glove. If speed is the key attribute, you can shift a SS into an OF spot. Most SS have decent arms so that can play in the OF with the speed to run down balls.

If it's a coin-flip, always take the SS prospect. You can find OF prospects (aside: they got a pretty good one in McKinney in this deal). They just drafted Rutherford and Judge should be given a few hundred at-bats soon.

I hope the Yankees deal Miller now too. Look at the haul a rental got. The haul a cost-controlled Miller could net could really expedite the rebuilding process.

I could see Gregorious or Castro potentially playing 3rd.

Reaction Score
I just saw a headline that the Giants traded for All Star Nunez and was very surprised to see it was "our" Eduardo Nunez that they were referring to. I knew he was with the Twins, but I guess I hadn't been paying attention enough to see that he had been named an All Star. Good for him. Always seemed to play hard, but could never seem to put it all together with the Yankees.

Reaction Score
I just saw a headline that the Giants traded for All Star Nunez and was very surprised to see it was "our" Eduardo Nunez that they were referring to. I knew he was with the Twins, but I guess I hadn't been paying attention enough to see that he had been named an All Star. Good for him. Always seemed to play hard, but could never seem to put it all together with the Yankees.

Always liked him, has a nice bat but seems tough to hide in the field although not awful by an stretch. Would have still liked him at 3rd.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Don't look now but the Yanks are 7-3 in their last 10 and just 6 games out of 1st in the division and within 4 games of the Wild Card. I guess they are buyers at this time. They may be kicking the tires for Chris Sale (remember, the Yankees don't do throwback jerseys).

Reaction Score
Don't look now but the Yanks are 7-3 in their last 10 and just 6 games out of 1st in the division and within 4 games of the Wild Card. I guess they are buyers at this time. They may be kicking the tires for Chris Sale (remember, the Yankees don't do throwback jerseys).

Don't look now but they got shut out again after getting 1 run last game. That's the Yankees - just SELL

Reaction Score
Don't look now but they got shut out again after getting 1 run last game. That's the Yankees - just SELL

No question thats the yankees for you. The Yankees should trade away Andrew Miller for prospects, then in the offseason sign Chapman.

Reaction Score
No question thats the yankees for you. The Yankees should trade away Andrew Miller for prospects, then in the offseason sign Chapman.

Rumors are the Nationals are all in for their 2 tops prospects and a couple other good ones for Miller/McCann

Dooley

Reaction Score
Yup. Nats traded Rivero and Tyler Hearn for Melancon. Probably a better deal for the Nats. Although trading Rivero takes a LHP out of their pen so maybe they will still be in play for Miller.

Lots of talk about McCann now. Might not be outrageous, if they weren't cross town rivals, to deal the Mets McCann and Miller for someone like Steven Matz. I have no idea if the Mets would do that (probably not) but a vet C like McCann might unlock some more potential in that young staff.

I was really hoping the Yanks would make the Giolito deal, if it was indeed on the table.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
J Lucroy not playing today. Possibly close to being dealt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom