The Official 2016 NY Yankees Thread | The Boneyard

The Official 2016 NY Yankees Thread

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Okay #firecashman...time to bring home Ian Kennedy.

Go.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Pick up the phone and call Miami to establish the asking price for Jose Fernandez. Then agree to it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Okay #firecashman...time to bring home Ian Kennedy.

Go.
Oh well. The defending world champions snatched him up.

Looking forward to stoking the Spring Training fires soon.

Reaction Score
Greg Bird has to have surgery on his shoulder and will miss the whole season. Well that sucks.

Reaction Score
Greg Bird has to have surgery on his shoulder and will miss the whole season. Well that sucks.
We'll see. They say it's a torn labrum. I had that done 15 years ago and had other damage repaired on both shoulders since. The labrum was the least invasive of them all with the shortest rehab. I'm hardly a pro athlete, but holding him out for the entire season seems to be an overreaction. He'll be fine.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Fans: "Hey Mas...you going to be good on Opening Day?"

Tanaka: "I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows?"

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
And the new Yankees closer is...yep, Dellin Betances. :cool:

Chapman suspended.
Miller with chip fracture in non-throwing hand. May miss time.

Reaction Score
Pineda looked awful today. Nice team:( and no one can hit. Never seen so many .220 hitters in a line up.

Nice job Brian.

Reaction Score
And the new Yankees closer is...yep, Dellin Betances. :cool:

Chapman suspended.
Miller with chip fracture in non-throwing hand. May miss time.

Miller said he doesn't plan on missing any time.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tanaka
Pineda
Eovaldi
Severino and...

CC Sabathia

Reaction Score
Tanaka
Pineda
Eovaldi
Severino and...

CC Sabathia

Let's just lose 5 of his 6 starts before they realize Nova was the guy. CC did a lot for the Yanks, they have the money though to say "it's time"

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
2 out of 3 from best team in AL. And crushing.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
2 out of 3 from best team in AL. And crushing.
Well I for one had Starling going .300 30 100, didn't you?
Seriously, 88/89 wins? This was nice, but it won't last. Those dog days of May and the team's eligibility for Social Security will combine for a return to earth.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If I get the MLB TV Premium package will I get the Yanks? I have Comcast and don't.

Will MLB TV black out the Yanks?

Reaction Score
I did get to watch them on MLB tonight don't get to often, thank God. Wow don't know where to start. First I will give kudo's to the Sox for allowing us with this awful ells bury contract wow does he blow. 2nd having him and Gardner at the top of the lineup, well it's awful. Imagine being Brett playing baseball this long and not knowing how to bunt with that speed? I mean he's an alright OFer but let's be honest Yankee fans, minus that one month and a half a year where he hits .395 with 10 fingers and 30 RBI he's putrid. Batting these 2 next to each other is like playing Nolan and Brimah together to jump start 'n offense.

And Chase Headley - never a fan but when you're a crappy hitter like he is and they play you to pull can you please become a baseball player and hit a groundball to the left side just once?

The pitching - well let me just end with this - best bullpen for 7-8-9 ever potentially and yet they may never get there.

Cashman - Syanara!

Reaction Score
Let's keep throwing Headley out there when the guy who also plays 2rd Torryes is 6 for 9? I mean I get it, it's early, but they have old crappy hitters and they kept them. They even resigned a couple like Headley when there were people available. Cashman got his 100MPH reliever and forgot about the lineup and the staff.

Is it time for spring practice for mens hoop yet?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Its bad enough I have to listen to Suzy and "Thats baseball" Sterling.

Reaction Score
Let's keep throwing Headley out there when the guy who also plays 2rd Torryes is 6 for 9? I mean I get it, it's early, but they have old crappy hitters and they kept them. They even resigned a couple like Headley when there were people available. Cashman got his 100MPH reliever and forgot about the lineup and the staff.

At some point you just have to rebuild, the Headley signing was dumb you already have contracts to shed, and you add another bad contract. The pen is very good and will become better once Chapman comes back but what good is it gonna do if your starters can't give you length your pen will be shot by June, not to mention a lineup that can never come through with RISP. Like you I get that its early but its the same old yankees, yes I mean old yankees, until I see otherwise. I don't want the Yankees to fall out of contention by the all-star break but I think it would be realistically the best thing for this franchise in the long run, to trade some of these guys and get them off the pay roll. It just a depressing feeling watching this team when they are down by a run or 2 you know the game is over, you don't think you know, I haven't had that feeling of a Yankee team in a long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom