The Huskies are back on campus (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Huskies are back on campus (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dig Q's facial expression. It's like she knows something we all don't.
I really hope at least one (or more) of these freshmen "hit" early in their freshman year. I want all of them to get over the "awe" of finally being in the presence of their new teammates that they've been watching on TV, a member of the UConn Women's Basketball Team, and realize that they are here, they belong here, and they can play at this elite level. The sooner THAT happens, the sooner they will be able to help us with meaningful minutes.

Reaction Score
ahhhhhh to be a freshman.......... in the Basketball Capitol of the United States!!!:):):):)
Though I agree, don't forget Boston & LA

You americans are more aware than me, can you tell me which town has the more tittles NBA, WNBA, MCAAmen, & NCAAwomen ?

Reaction Score
Though I agree, don't forget Boston & LA

You americans are more aware than me, can you tell me which town has the more tittles NBA, WNBA, MCAAmen, & NCAAwomen ?
NBA boston
Wnba Minnesota
NCAA men LA.
NCAA women Storrs.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They probably are the capitol of Womens' College Basketball Teams, and that's all
The phrase was coined after the UConn man and women both won championships in the same year for the second time. The two teams have 16 national championships between them so, yes, UConn is the basketball capital of the world

Reaction Score
The phrase was coined after the UConn man and women both won championships in the same year for the second time. The two teams have 16 national championships between them so, yes, UConn is the basketball capital of the world
The Boston Celtics have 17 NBA titles. The Lakers also have 17 titles, but 12 were in LA and 5 in Minneapolis (maybe those should get added to the Lynx's titles?). Of course if you add Wooden's UCLA teams to the Lakers then LA wins it with 23.

Reaction Score
Head height is one thing, but note how much higher her shoulders are compared to the others.
slug25- - - I wouldn't doubt Jana is still growing as she's just 17 or 18!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The Boston Celtics have 17 NBA titles. The Lakers also have 17 titles, but 12 were in LA and 5 in Minneapolis (maybe those should get added to the Lynx's titles?). Of course if you add Wooden's UCLA teams to the Lakers then LA wins it with 23.
John Wooden only has 10 NCAA titles so it would be only 22. I was only talking about NCAA titles, Pro ball is something completely different from the NCAA. At one time you only had something like 8 pro basketball teams now you have 30. While on the NCAA side you have 361 teams eligible for the title.

Reaction Score

What lovely smiles! I’m praying that they find success in their time at the Basketball Capital of the World. It will be hard work, lots of sweat, and maybe some tears. But they’ll succeed if they’re determined to learn from the best coaches, while practicing and training with some of the best athletes in their sport. Go UConn! Go Huskies!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
They probably are the capitol of Womens' College Basketball Teams, and that's all
They are not the "capitol" of anything, as the word capitol refers to a building or set of buildings. Not sure if one could legitimately call UConn or Storrs the "capital' of WBB, but it would be close. English is a confusing language. Perhaps Storrs is the capital; and Gampel the capitol. :confused:

Reaction Score
They are not the "capitol" of anything, as the word capitol refers to a building or set of buildings. Not sure if one could legitimately call UConn or Storrs the "capital' of WBB, but it would be close. English is a confusing language. Perhaps Storrs is the capital; and Gampel the capitol. :confused:
Ooh ooh ooh! I got this one.

Capitol derives from the Capitolium, a temple to Jupiter which sat on the eponymous Capitoline Hill in Ancient Rome. Legend has it (probably falsely) that a human head (caput) was found when they were digging the foundations for the temple. Hence the name of the hill and all things associated with the center of the Roman state. As for capital with an A, it's only used as an adjective and is prolly derived from the noun form with the O. I'm particularly fond of using capital (with an A) to mean first rate, excellent, top shelf, etc.

Thus, Storrs is definitely the capitol of the basketball world because they play really capital basketball there.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Ooh ooh ooh! I got this one.

Capitol derives from the Capitolium, a temple to Jupiter which sat on the eponymous Capitoline Hill in Ancient Rome. Legend has it (probably falsely) that a human head (caput) was found when they were digging the foundations for the temple. Hence the name of the hill and all things associated with the center of the Roman state. As for capital with an A, it's only used as an adjective and is prolly derived from the noun form with the O. I'm particularly fond of using capital (with an A) to mean first rate, excellent, top shelf, etc.

Thus, Storrs is definitely the capitol of the basketball world because they play really capital basketball there.
An example:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If the critics are done with the grammar lesson, please note that From France is not from around here. Anyone that speaks a second language as well as @From France and @Kaizen should be exempt from spelling/grammar lecturers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

UConn has won five NCAA men's Division I college basketball championships under three different coaches:
  • 2023 (defeated San Diego State 76-59)
  • 2014 (defeated Kentucky, 60-54)
  • 2011 (defeated Butler, 53-41)
  • 2004 (defeated Georgia Tech, 82-73)
  • 1999 (defeated Duke, 77-74)
0E91F213-B301-4B78-BE30-0A3526A7B2D6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors