The Huskies are back on campus (merged) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Huskies are back on campus (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I grew up in north Jersey, Bergen county, near the state line. Pascack Hills HS. My mall was the Nanuet Mall, until Paramus Park Mall opened. My grandparents had a little farm down south, by Morristown in Morris county, on rt 206, in Peapack-Gladstone. I often spent the summers down there.
"Paramus" comes from the old Indian word for shopping mall.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I gotta tell you, I got a phone call at work from a police officer in Newark NJ regarding a traffic incident with one of our company vehicles. I truly thought the man was speaking another language. I grew up in Connecticut and lived in the tri-state area most of my life but I could not understand him.
Not picking on anyone, but I’ve always found it interesting that a country the size of the United States can have so many different dialects/accents. Boston, New York, New Jersey, Louisiana, Alabama, Texas etc. When JFK spoke, you could tell was not from Texas.

I was born and raised in metropolitan Los Angeles. I attended college in the Midwest. I had my English professor tell me she could tell I wasn't from around there because of my accent. Excuse me!?! :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not picking on anyone, but I’ve always found it interesting that a country the size of the United States can have so many different dialects/accents. Boston, New York, New Jersey, Louisiana, Alabama, Texas etc. When JFK spoke, you could tell was not from Texas.

I was born and raised in metropolitan Los Angeles. I attended college in the Midwest. I had my English professor tell me she could tell I wasn't from around there because of my accent. Excuse me!?! :eek:
Accents form as a function of time and isolation. In a country as big as the U.S. you can imagine that contact between different regions was rare in the 17th and 18th centuries because you couldn't easily get from one place to the next. Since the eastern U.S. has been settled the longest, that's where most of the different accents are and why the west has so few. Accents are disappearing though because we are no longer isolated.

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for Caroline.
Whenever I saw her on the bench with the earplugs and the sad look on her face because she couldn’t play, or later on when she came back and played some limited minutes.
When she got hit in the face or back of the head and she was laying on the floor holding her head, my stomach churned and my teeth ground.
Such a nice young woman ( from what I’ve seen ) deserves better.
Hope her injuries are in the rear view mirror
and she gets a chance to fulfill her potential and reap the benefits of the hard work she did to reach this level of WCBB
I still don’t understand why Connecticut didn’t get her any head protection. And I think they should bubble wrap page until the actual season starts. Why take any chances.

Reaction Score
I still don’t understand why Connecticut didn’t get her any head protection. And I think they should bubble wrap page until the actual season starts. Why take any chances.
Page can't go though the season walking on eggshells. Either she is fully cleared to play by the medical staff and herself, or she is not. If they both Page and Caroline are treated as damaged goods, they might as well kiss their post college career goodbye.

Reaction Score

Linguists say that most of the folks on the West Coast have no accent when speaking American English - the why is interesting. I find it strange as well that many colleagues from around the country say I have an accent, when actually I don't and they do :)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I look forward to having Geno comment about how things are going so far. Of course, I'm most interested in hearing about the freshmen, especially Q and Jana. And any news about The Recovering Regiment would also be welcome. And Ines.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Page can't go though the season walking on eggshells. Either she is fully cleared to play by the medical staff and herself, or she is not. If they both Page and Caroline are treated as damaged goods, they might as well kiss their post college career goodbye.
Oh @Goodgood I feel you! There is an ambivalence that I suspect many feel about Paige's comback, and she wouldn't be human if she didn't share it to some degree. Paige being Paige though, once she gets going there is only one way she is playing.

Reaction Score
Agree with you on Paige, but I also agree with Fossil on the head protection possibility for Caroline. A knee brace definitely affects performance but a light helmet likely would not. I hope they at least looked into one.

Reaction Score
Agree with you on Paige, but I also agree with Fossil on the head protection possibility for Caroline. A knee brace definitely affects performance but a light helmet likely would not. I hope they at least looked into one.
Maybe Caroline should wear a Q-Collar

"The Q-Collar is the first and only FDA-clearedIn February 2021, the FDA authorized (or “cleared”) the Q-Collar as a safe and effective device intended to be worn around the neck of athletes aged 13 years and older during sports activities to aid in the protection of the brain from effects associated with repetitive sub-concussive head impacts. You can read more about the FDA’s authorization of the Q-Collar. Read more solution that helps protect the brain during repetitive head impacts."

q-collar-401129.jpeg

"

Reaction Score

Where is Henry Higgins when we need him! ha!

Reaction Score

Couldn't find where they got the pic from but pretty cool. I looked and was like this team is so young..lol and they are young of course. But actually it's really just that Paige and Azzi's class r now the upperclassmen

I notice Jana looks to be practically the same height as Amari.

And is that Andrea Hudy with them?

Reaction Score

Couldn't find where they got the pic from but pretty cool. I looked and was like this team is so young..lol and they are young of course. But actually it's really just that Paige and Azzi's class r now the upperclassmen

Next year's starters are going to be the oldest I can remember. Nika, Paige, and Aaliyah are all seniors, Nika will be 23 at season's end, then you have Azzi who is a junior, and if Geno gives the last starting spot to Aubrey, that's a 5th year senior.

Reaction Score
Ashlynn looks like she’s got some big strong hands. The more I see of her the more she reminds me of Shea. Not saying she’s as good as Shea, just that she seems to have some of the same attributes/skills. She strikes me as being tough as nails!

Reaction Score
Nika looks like she hasn't skipped leg day...LOL
Looks like she has packed on some muscle.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice the tweet in post #143 concerning Sarah Strong? Is it discussed in the recruiting thread and more importantly, does anyone know the credibility of the tweeter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom