The Huskies are back on campus (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Huskies are back on campus (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, a lot was said about grammar, thanks for those who defended my little person
I learned english a bit via school and a lot through rock and roll songs
I try to express with just the bit of language I have learned
So, sorry if it seems like a baby child trying to speak with older people

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well, a lot was said about grammar, thanks for those who defended my little person
France, I can only speak for myself. I can assure you that your English is better than my French. I only know 2 or 3 French words. It's a beautiful language, but not one I endeavored to learn. :cool: I tip my turban to anyone that speaks more than one language. My brother and daughter are bi-lingual. Being bi-lingual has served them both well.

Reaction Score
The Boston Celtics have 17 NBA titles. The Lakers also have 17 titles, but 12 were in LA and 5 in Minneapolis (maybe those should get added to the Lynx's titles?). Of course if you add Wooden's UCLA teams to the Lakers then LA wins it with 23.
Tough to add in professional teams since those cities all tend to be a little bit larger than Storrs. I doubt Storrs will ever attract a professional team.

Reaction Score
No, no. You express yourself much better than most other people from New Jersey.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not nice to pick on people from Jersey. :rolleyes:
I gotta tell you, I got a phone call at work from a police officer in Newark NJ regarding a traffic incident with one of our company vehicles. I truly thought the man was speaking another language. I grew up in Connecticut and lived in the tri-state area most of my life but I could not understand him.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see when Paige is cleared to play full contact again. From what I understand 9-12 months is the norm l, but the longer the better, and she is past the 9 month mark at this point and the 12 month mark will pass before they head to Europe so fingers crossed she’ll get some minutes on the Europe trip.
I know a lot of people here don’t watch the NBA. Jamal Murry of the Denver Nuggets sat out last season with an ACL injury, and this year he’s better than ever. Strongly recommend watching the NBA finals this week between the Nuggets and the Miami Heat. Game 2 tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people here don’t watch the NBA. Jamal Murry of the Denver Nuggets sat out last season with an ACL injury, and this year he’s better than ever. Strongly recommend watching the NBA finals this week between the Nuggets and the Miami Heat. Game 2 tomorrow.

No thanks. I can’t take watching the players and coaches whine and have the officials explain the rules to them after every other call.

Reaction Score
No thanks. I can’t take watching the players and coaches whine and have the officials explain the rules to them after every other call.
That doesn’t happen more in the NBA than it does in WCBB. I watch WCBB, MCBB, the NBA, the WNBA, and the EuroLeague. The UConn women are my favorite team.

The most important part of the post is that one of the best players in the NBA had Paige’s injury and one year later is playing his best basketball. Paige can make the same comeback.

Reaction Score
I gotta tell you, I got a phone call at work from a police officer in Newark NJ regarding a traffic incident with one of our company vehicles. I truly thought the man was speaking another language. I grew up in Connecticut and lived in the tri-state area most of my life but I could not understand him.
Remember Joe Piscopo on SNL? I’m from Jersey, you from Jersey?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But what you can be sure is I am a Husky fan, and will always say what I think, no matter if you feel it right or wrong
I ca support critics, remarks, I can change my mind if you proove me wrong, but will always tell my point of view
How did you become a Husky fan?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And I must say, most of the time, when I permit myself to express, I am drunk, so the missing letters ....
A French person dropping letters? I thought y'all usually added letters just for fun. I know my French surname has about half as many letters since it was anglicized. :D

Reaction Score
Remember Joe Piscopo on SNL? I’m from Jersey, you from Jersey?

I'm from Newark, N.J. Also, four years of college, taking the bus
up South Orange Avenue. The good old days. Some of the family is
from " down neck" Newark, some from Vailsburg, and some from
Harrison. I guess you would say that I grew up in a "bi-lingual"
neighborhood. Anybody remember the old "NEWARK BEARS"??

Reaction Score
I'm from Newark, N.J. Also, four years of college, taking the bus
up South Orange Avenue. The good old days. Some of the family is
from " down neck" Newark, some from Vailsburg, and some from
Harrison. I guess you would say that I grew up in a "bi-lingual"
neighborhood. Anybody remember the old "NEWARK BEARS"??
I grew up in north Jersey, Bergen county, near the state line. Pascack Hills HS. My mall was the Nanuet Mall, until Paramus Park Mall opened. My grandparents had a little farm down south, by Morristown in Morris county, on rt 206, in Peapack-Gladstone. I often spent the summers down there.

Reaction Score
No, no. You express yourself much better than most other people from New Jersey.
Being from New Jersey, I like kind of slightly, maybe resent that a little........;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom