The Huskies are back on campus (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Huskies are back on campus (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
And you failed to answer my question, so I am confused by your reply.
The team will not go home for August, they are going on a multi stop trip to Europe.
I guess you expected to get an answer from the UConn Director of scheduling for the WBB team. What I said was what they usually do and that it would be modified because on the trip. Any answer from one of us would be an educated guess, so maybe if that answer is not good enough, you should contact the University yourself. BTW, it sure doesn't take much to confuse you.

Reaction Score
Quick Question-

Does anyone remember if DeBarry, Stewie, Tina, Stefanie, and all the other NY state players showed up for the summer session? How does that work? Our state has another month of school left? Most HS graduations in NY take place the 4th week in June.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Quick Question-

Does anyone remember if DeBarry, Stewie, Tina, Stefanie, and all the other NY state players showed up for the summer session? How does that work? Our state has another month of school left? Most HS graduations in NY take place the 4th week in June.
When I was in high school, we spent the last week of school cleaning lockers, had the Senior Outing, had Senior Skip Day, and generally did nothing academically. My kids had awards ceremonies and a senior picnic. And I’m sure the UConn coaching staff is fine with letting them go home for graduation and fam celebrations, etc

Reaction Score
Quick Question-

Don't know about the others, but DeBerry apparently arrived on time in Storrs in May for her freshman season. Not sure how that works - maybe they take their final exams early so they complete all their academic requirements? Here's an article that talks about it: UConn freshman Amari DeBerry relishes being part of UConn's storied history

Reaction Score
Quick Question-

In my high school kids that had to be at college early for sports finished up school work and finals early and left when they needed to, it wasn't an issue. Sounds like that what KK had to do and her graduation is next weekend so she is flying back for that and then flying back to CT.

Reaction Score
Quick Question-

When Stewie graduated, she brought Moriah and Morgan up to her graduation. I remembered seeing some graduation pics she posted.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This group is going to be a handful. I hope Geno is ready

202B62D5-60E2-4322-9A22-2C9C9046F09E.jpeg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think it would be fair to say that they have been waiting for this past weekend as much as we have. Their first photo op together. Finally get to go to campus, attend summer school classes, interact with the coaches, interact with their new teammates, and run some "pick-up" games. These 4 could very well be 4 of our 5 starters in their junior year.

Because of the European tour (The UConn women's basketball team will travel to Europe from Aug. 15-25 as the Huskies tour four cities in three countries: Zagreb, Croatia; Ljubljana, Slovenia; Bologna, Italy and Venice, Italy). The Huskies will play four exhibition games, one in each city on the tour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they get to have several practices with coaches present in August before leaving for the tour because of the 4 exhibition games they are scheduled to play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it would be fair to say that they have been waiting for this past weekend as much as we have. Their first photo op together. Finally get to go to campus, attend summer school classes, interact with the coaches, interact with their new teammates, and run some "pick-up" games. These 4 could very well be 4 of our 5 starters in their junior year.

Because of the European tour (The UConn women's basketball team will travel to Europe from Aug. 15-25 as the Huskies tour four cities in three countries: Zagreb, Croatia; Ljubljana, Slovenia; Bologna, Italy and Venice, Italy). The Huskies will play four exhibition games, one in each city on the tour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they get to have several practices with coaches present in August before leaving for the tour because of the 4 exhibition games they are scheduled to play.
Here you go: NCAA Basketball: Importance of annual preseason foreign tours for teams

Reaction Score

I don't care that it doesn't matter and I'm well aware that we don't have a freshman from NY this year. You could easily have either:

1. Answered my question if you knew the correct way to answer it.

Or, wait for it....

2. Just ignored the post and went about your day.

Your snark and sarcasm can find another poster. Thank you.

Reaction Score
That seems smart. I’ve read that longer you go before full clearance the better for the knee after an ACL tear. With Paige’s history of injury to the knee I wouldn’t be surprised if they went this root too. I would think it would prevent a reinjury though.
The only way it will get to where she needs it is to play. Assuming she is 100% on her rehab she will start to workout with the team, run drills in practice and play "games" in a controlled environment. As she builds up the strength she may get on the court for some minutes and I think that would be the best bet. If the knee isn't going to work you need to find out before the games start for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom