The Huskies are back on campus (merged) | The Boneyard

The Huskies are back on campus (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Caroline looks like she has shed some pounds. Last year she never really looked like she was able to get in top condition and for a shooter that is so important. Caroline is very good with and without the ball so a little extra quickness for her will make a world of difference for her and the team.

Reaction Score
Caroline looks like she has shed some pounds. Last year she never really looked like she was able to get in top condition and for a shooter that is so important. Caroline is very good with and without the ball so a little extra quickness for her will make a world of difference for her and the team.
She's got that round baby face. If she can keep getting smacked in the head, she'll be super as opposed to just being great, like she is now.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe they get 10 days of organized practice prior to going overseas. That means they will have more official practices to get them ready for the 23/24 season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
How long of a break did they have between their last classes and returning next week?
Our grandson goes to a year round school and has a 5 week vacation between this year, which ends the second week of June, and returning for "next" year.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
How long of a break did they have between their last classes and returning next week?
Our grandson goes to a year round school and has a 5 week vacation between this year, which ends the second week of June, and returning for "next" year.
I believe they come back in June for summer school (especially the freshmen), go home for August, and return in September. Needless to say, that schedule will be modified because of the European trip. The summer school is to get a head start on classes since much of their free time is taken up with practice once official classes begin.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if they are gonna play some teams on their overseas trip? Will they be televised?

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see when Paige is cleared to play full contact again. From what I understand 9-12 months is the norm l, but the longer the better, and she is past the 9 month mark at this point and the 12 month mark will pass before they head to Europe so fingers crossed she’ll get some minutes on the Europe trip.

Reaction Score
If she can keep getting smacked in the face or keep FROM getting smacked in the face? :mad:
I feel so bad for Caroline.
Whenever I saw her on the bench with the earplugs and the sad look on her face because she couldn’t play, or later on when she came back and played some limited minutes.
When she got hit in the face or back of the head and she was laying on the floor holding her head, my stomach churned and my teeth ground.
Such a nice young woman ( from what I’ve seen ) deserves better.
Hope her injuries are in the rear view mirror
and she gets a chance to fulfill her potential and reap the benefits of the hard work she did to reach this level of WCBB

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see when Paige is cleared to play full contact again. From what I understand 9-12 months is the norm l, but the longer the better, and she is past the 9 month mark at this point and the 12 month mark will pass before they head to Europe so fingers crossed she’ll get some minutes on the Europe trip.
Didn't you hear? Paige is only playing in official games this season..........no preseason, season or post season practices (pre game layups drills only)........if she's going to get hurt again at least we will see her do it......;):):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Didn't you hear? Paige is only playing in official games this season..........no preseason, season or post season practices (pre game layups drills only)........if she's going to get hurt again at least we will see her do it......;):):rolleyes:
That seems smart. I’ve read that longer you go before full clearance the better for the knee after an ACL tear. With Paige’s history of injury to the knee I wouldn’t be surprised if they went this root too. I would think it would prevent a reinjury though.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I believe they come back in June for summer school (especially the freshmen), go home for August, and return in September. Needless to say, that schedule will be modified because of the European trip. The summer school is to get a head start on classes since much of their free time is taken up with practice once official classes begin.
And you failed to answer my question, so I am confused by your reply.
The team will not go home for August, they are going on a multi stop trip to Europe.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if they are gonna play some teams on their overseas trip? Will they be televised?
Yes, they have games scheduled. I am pretty sure that there is a/are separate thread(s) discussing the trip.
Not sure about the games being televised.

Reaction Score
8BDB41C0-5EB3-414B-B262-B7311616FD08.jpeg

Reaction Score
That seems smart. I’ve read that longer you go before full clearance the better for the knee after an ACL tear. With Paige’s history of injury to the knee I wouldn’t be surprised if they went this root too. I would think it would prevent a reinjury though.
Rest her until March!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01