The Crowd | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Crowd

Reaction Score
What a great atmosphere to be a part of!! So happy we can finally put the stupid XL vs Gampel debate to rest. I'm a season ticket holder at the XL and was at the Xavier game at Gampel and the crowd last night was just on another level!!

Reaction Score
What a great atmosphere to be a part of!! So happy we can finally put the stupid XL vs Gampel debate to rest. I'm a season ticket holder at the XL and was at the Xavier game at Gampel and the crowd last night was just on another level!!
XL for weeknight conference games and games during break. Gampel for others. It is an easy fix. Both venues can be freaking amazing.

Reaction Score
Tyler Perry Good Luck GIF by Nickelodeon

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wasn't at the game. When did he say it?
Sometime between Hurley’s ejection and the end of the half. Maybe like five minutes of gameplay after the ejection. It was sort of under his breath.

CL82

Reaction Score
Is that Tyler "Two Rings" at the 1:09 mark?
Yes it is!

Awesome. Nice catch.

( I got a screen grab of it, but for whatever reason The Boneyard isn’t letting me post it.)

@temery

CL82

Reaction Score
What a great atmosphere to be a part of!! So happy we can finally put the stupid XL vs Gampel debate to rest.
Mmmm, can we though?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes it is!

Awesome. Nice catch.
He was sitting in 114 and we were in 113 and I saw him going down the stairs and had a general idea of where he was sitting...

I also saw Smitty holding court in the concourse.

And about 500 hundred other faces I've grown accustomed to seeing at the XL over the decades. What a great, old-time night.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I confess I've only been to a few home games since moving to Florida, though, I held my season tickets through 2020. Had the tix at both locations for most of 25 years so I've been to a lot of old Big East games.

The most raucous crowd I'd ever been a part of was opening night at Gampel. The fans were in full voice over an hour before tip. We played St. John's and Louie was afraid to be the team UConn faced to open the new arena (I believe it was supposed to be Georgetown, but delays . . .). His fears were realized.
I camped out for hours right against the doors for that one. I looked like absolute hell, with smeared and half-frozen blue and white face paint. We were probably one of the first 20 people in the place. Never forget it.

Reaction Score
On the XL vs Gampel debate, having students there (post-semester break) makes a big difference. But so does playing a big-time Big East foe when the stakes are high. All that made for one of the best crowds ever at the Civic Center/XLC for a UConn game.

Has there ever been a court-storming there before? Can't even remember that happening during the Dream Season.

What a night.

Reaction Score
I don't have Twitter, but I find it interesting to see what is trending from time to time. Either Uconn, Hurley, or both were top 25 in the U.S. as late as 6:00 am. That means something in this era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom