The Crowd | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Crowd

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes it is!

Awesome. Nice catch.

( I got a screen grab of it, but for whatever reason The Boneyard isn’t letting me post it.)

@temery
1BCD17F5-3B1A-46F0-9134-15FB8E6CF1A1.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Just listen to us.

It was embarrassing for a coach to get ejected because he had to get the crowd involved. Had the crowd stayed at peak performance DH may not have gotten ejected and UConn may have lost the game.

Bottom line is the crowd petering out got DH agitated and his animated actions to get the crowd involved resulted in a UConn victory so it's all good today. Just not a dependable recipe for success going forward.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Every single person around me was involved. Middle schoolers. Wives. Boomers. We all played our part last night. It's official...UCONN BASKETBALL IS BACK.
We are getting there, but I said that same thing beating Cuse at MSG in Hurley's first month of coaching. (the game he was chest bumping Jalen) . It was very exciting. I like where this team is heading right now. We had a helluva an 8 game stretch, we failed the first 1/2 of it, hard, but did not lay down. Simply came out and then beat St johns, Seton Hall, Xavier, and Nova. Which is an A+ on second 1/2 of it.

Gimme a Creighton road win. Next pin to knock down. We are gaining identity now. I like how we are playing heading into march.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Much better than singing Taylor Swift songs, or whatever, together. Really, when has she ever written lyrics quite as compelling as “ref you suck.”

This in spite of a good portion of her catalog being based on "ex-boyfriend you suck".

Reaction Score
What. A. Night.

I'm new here so consider me as jumping on the bandwagon a bit. Big Hurley guy.

Been to a lot of basketball games. First home UConn game was in Gampel Saturday. Last night was unreal. Voice is a struggle. Hangover was real. But best regular season college basketball game I've seen in person.

When Hurley was tossed, I honestly think the non-Breeding refs were in fear for their lives.

Even in the rain the bars around the XL were packed ass to ass. Absolute buzz around the city going into the game and it didn't disappoint.

Hurley said at Rhode Island the toughest part of the rebuild was getting the kids to believe they could win games. Getting the crowd to buy in. Getting the culture back. Last night was an absolute statement - for the team, the fanbase, and where UConn sits in the college basketball world.

Big time win for a big time program. Back!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What. A. Night.

I'm new here so consider me as jumping on the bandwagon a bit. Big Hurley guy.

Been to a lot of basketball games. First home UConn game was in Gampel Saturday. Last night was unreal. Voice is a struggle. Hangover was real. But best regular season college basketball game I've seen in person.

When Hurley was tossed, I honestly think the non-Breeding refs were in fear for their lives.

Even in the rain the bars around the XL were packed ass to ass. Absolute buzz around the city going into the game and it didn't disappoint.

Hurley said at Rhode Island the toughest part of the rebuild was getting the kids to believe they could win games. Getting the crowd to buy in. Getting the culture back. Last night was an absolute statement - for the team, the fanbase, and where UConn sits in the college basketball world.

Big time win for a big time program. Back!

Outstanding introduction to the board.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was embarrassing for a coach to get ejected because he had to get the crowd involved.
I'm not going to kill DH for getting the boot but I felt it was unnecessary. The crowd was involved real time booing the ref, admittedly it went to 11 when he waved his arms. The refs started great, they went six minutes or so without a whistle.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Much better than singing Taylor Swift songs, or whatever, together. Really, when has she ever written lyrics quite as compelling as “ref you suck.”
"'Ref You Suck' (Tyler's Version)"

1bcd17f5-3b1a-46f0-9134-15fb8e6cf1a1-jpeg.73667

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not going to kill DH for getting the boot but I felt it was unnecessary. The crowd was involved real time booing the ref, admittedly it went to 11 when he waved his arms. The refs started great, they went six minutes or so without a whistle.

Good observation. There was about 17 minutes left, blew past the under 16 TV timeout and got down to around 13 minutes. No whistles, no subs, no nothing. Then, in the 13 minute mark they had the under 16 timeout and a minute or so in real time was the under 12 TO. Big thing for UConn is that is when they rest Cole. They usually pull him just before the under 12 TV TO and put him in somewhere around the 9 minute mark.
The two near back to back TV timeouts and Gaff actually playing well got Cole almost 15 minutes of real time on the bench during the first half and UConn had stayed even with Nova during that time.

Reaction Score
I have a healthy distain for Greenberg, but I agree with him here.
Him interacting with the crowd did not deserve an ejection. I agree with Seth in the grand scheme of things. But last night was it’s own travesty. You don’t toss a guy for that. The ref had a personal vendetta with Hurley. And as fans, a school, and an athletic department we have to have our guys back in that instance. It was unjust and uncalled for. Making this about Hurley is taking away from what really happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom