The Crowd | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Crowd

Reaction Score
God forbid we let anyone have any fun. If they're worried about safety then why doesn't the Big East chip in for added security?
It’s a bargain:

Reaction Score
It’s a bargain:
Ha! Well we certainly got a bargain!!

Reaction Score
A court storming is worth a heck of a lot more than $5k to a school in publicity, student and alumni goodwill, etc. Apparently the Big 12 and SEC realize this, and tried to size their court storming fines accordingly.
It’s a bargain:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That great crowd at the Dunk last week seems like a lifetime ago now.

Reaction Score

UCONN fans should storm the court after every W here on out, home or away, just for the sake of a. mocking the big east rulebook and b. calling it a charitable donation. #Storm4Reform

Reaction Score
Great crowd, and it's been that way on many occasions since the dream season

Cuse and Georgetown in 1990 in Hartford were two of the best

My personal favorite was MSG in 2014 in the Elite Eight when we beat MSU
Agree, Georgetown in 1990 was memorable to Chief.

Reaction Score
Some of our wonderful Casual Fans just don’t get it. The Big East League and their refs are NOT happy with UConn and they think we are creating unnecessary risks for the officials and perhaps opposing teams. While a historic member of the Old Big East we are New members now.
We are like the new neighbors in the neighborhood who drive 60 MPH down the quiet street and coming home on a loud MC at midnight.
They are going to make our lives miserable and impact our ability to win - if we don’t appropriately address. The Bouknight fiasco, the double Hurjey T’s and the crowd fines are exhibits A-C.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
6C7CC328-C667-4410-9FEE-56D50EF455E2.jpeg

Some of our wonderful Casual Fans just don’t get it. The Big East League and their refs are NOT happy with UConn and they think we are creating unnecessary risks for the officials and perhaps opposing teams. While a historic member of the Old Big East we are New members now.
We are like the new neighbors in the neighborhood who drive 60 MPH down the quiet street and coming home on a loud MC at midnight.
They are going to make our lives miserable and impact our ability to win - if we don’t appropriately address. The Bouknight fiasco, the double Hurjey T’s and the crowd fines are exhibits A-C.

…….

Reaction Score
Every single person around me was involved. Middle schoolers. Wives. Boomers. We all played our part last night. It's official...UCONN BASKETBALL IS BACK.
Yup. Even the old peeps were clapping lightly. What a game. Crowd was best I’ve seen in many many years. That’s what XL can bring to the table. The refs u suck chant was pretty booming. Great atmosphere. This could be the game we talk about five years from now and point to as the turning point —the casuals could be on board now -LOL

Reaction Score

Could Chief be Mike DiMauro????

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Some of our wonderful Casual Fans just don’t get it. The Big East League and their refs are NOT happy with UConn and they think we are creating unnecessary risks for the officials and perhaps opposing teams.
And what are casual fans supposed to do with this information? Besides ignore it, I mean. The refs were in no danger. At the half there was booing but no movement at all towards the refs. I was sittting right there. They walked off the court at the half the same way they have for 40 years. Every source I've seen is blaming the ref for running Hurley, even the non-bro sites. Two games ago everyone wants the games moved out of the XL, now it's too intimidating? This is just chief saying "hey look at me" again.

Reaction Score
Court storming happens on a weekly basis in college basketball. Has a ref ever been in danger or hurt? Maybe, but it must've been before the invention of the internet. Little League - HS refs are way more likely to get assaulted by mad parents than any college ref.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom