the brand prediction(what u want) vs reality thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

the brand prediction(what u want) vs reality thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
that's a fine looking logo, but doesn't our historical use of an all-white husky sort of count it out?
In a word, yes. Sometimes I have to roll my eyes at traditionalists but here I agree with them. The standard adopted for the Husky mascot is very specific that it has to be an all white husky with at least one blue eye (blue and white). There are other Huskies mascots in division I but they have the dark color on the back so UConn's is unique. They better not duck* this up (like theuconnblog did, sorry if you're reading this Andrew).

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Am i the only one in the world that likes the Husky logo with the tongue hanging out? He seems friendly and that's been the logo since I can remember and it's the logo we won 3 NCs with in bball. It's what people recognize. The UConnblog logo reminds me too much of N Illinois' or Washington's.
I could go for a tweak of the same logo (tongue hanging out), I'd be OK if they maybe had the mouth closed (no tongue, no teeth), I know people want aggressive teeth bared but they'd probably botch it and make it look like a high school logo. Maybe they could make it slightly more aggressive by having a profile view instead of head on, not sure. Or they could have it running similar to this:

200335632-001-male-siberian-husky-running-over-snow-gettyimages.jpg

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Here's a head on view not dissimilar from the current logo (tongue hanging out... try to imagine this one as all white)

isobel-sleddog%20running.jpg

Reaction Score
Give me cheerleaders and spirit squad and dance squad worthy of SEC and the rest will follow. Drunk entry, yes, but no one can dispute this.

Reaction Score
I hate the block C
I love the baseball C
I love the current Husky logo- It's instantly recognizable as UConn.
I do get that they kind of wanted to seperate themselves from the basketball and be like hey, this is a football team, not a basketball team playing football but they need a unifying logo as a university.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the live one we have now is to small. i want 3 of these running out of the tunnel every saturday.

country-state-school

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
the live one we have now is to small. i want 3 of these running out of the tunnel every saturday.

country-state-school

Well then you had better get some friggin' spray paint out, because that is a Washington Husky, my friend! I root for the UConn Huskies...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Well then you had better get some friggin' spray paint out, because that is a Washington Husky, my friend! I root for the UConn Huskies...

i was going for the size not the color....i love dogs, but i will spraypaint a bit*h if i have 2:D

Reaction Score
The UConn Husky is an all-white Siberian Husky, pretty non-negotiable. Unless it's this:
5X67LYRKCUOQPFYKOB.jpg

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
And this is what a Washington Husky looks like:

Reaction Score
Oh, but reality hmmmm. They're probably gonna replace the gray in the block C with red or something monumental like that. I'm big fan of using red more than gray in our accents.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
And yet again, what a UConn Husky looks like. Notice how we blend in the snow, even when it's not 3 feet high and blocking I-91:

Reaction Score
Am i the only one in the world that likes the Husky logo with the tongue hanging out? He seems friendly and that's been the logo since I can remember and it's the logo we won 3 NCs with in bball. It's what people recognize. The UConnblog logo reminds me too much of N Illinois' or Washington's.
Matt are you forgetting the woman's championships? That and our great soccer teams? I love our Husky logo with the tongue. A tradition that should continue...

Reaction Score
Personally I kinda like the Block lettering with the Blue or While outline depending on what the base color is. I'm hoping we can do something with the Connecticut State Outline, Similar to what ASU did here, I always that this was pretty cool

ASU.jpg

Reaction Score
Wasn't the center logo of the court on the Fieldhouse an outline of CT?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

Excellant point Dan. Three Huskies, much like three wolves, would have enormous magical powers.

BTW, is the Husky as mascot really a play on Yukon<>UConn? Never saw that confirmed anywhere.

Reaction Score
That new Oregon State logo is actually not bad at all. The name "Beavers" can be easily left out of the logo now. Pretty impressive. Gotta "be with the times", I presume. Given the changes Arizona State and Oregon State (and New England Patriots) have made, I expect a space-age husky. :rolleyes: Our present (and soon-to-be old) logo will go down as classic, no matter what.

We need someone to leak the new Huskies logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom