the brand prediction(what u want) vs reality thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

the brand prediction(what u want) vs reality thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think it is important to keep "Branding" and "Fan Experience" in separate categories.

First, I am excited in the direction we are going in terms of branding, especially with the simplifying of logos so all the teams are united as UConn Huskies. And that comes from the student-athletes themselves; with every team having a different logo, how can any sense of community/culture even be built. Also, as a recent grad, I like the current Jonathan but the a redesigned one isn't going to be the end of the world and regardless half the people are going to hate it anyway. (Also the Jonathan logo previous to the current one is horrible, you can't convince me otherwise). At least with a freshened look and new jerseys, it is something for recruits to get excited about.

Now in terms of Fan Experience, you guys have literally no idea how many people work incredibly hard to make it the best experience possible. I agree it is far from perfect and we are saddled with aging facilities which limit opportunities and we need more engaging content, but the idea that UConn administrators are just sitting around, doing nothing and don't care about the fans is just wrong. This doesn't excuse past mistakes but we are making strides (okay baby steps) in the right direction, i.e. Family Fun Days, Season Ticket Holder Receptions, Mini-Plans, etc. I just hope with the new management group coming in, that they put their money where their mouth is so we can continue to make improvements.

Alright, that's enough typing, it's the most of written since my English final

i relaize the ath dep sent u here to say good and thats a cool pic fo a avi that gives i away. so i am sorr in advance. u may not even want to read this. but....

u must be a warde crony.... aging facilities? not in fball. this is a fball board. mabe your talking bball? were a top bball program with a new facility coming. the xl and gampel may be getiing old, but they are not the issue with this school. fball drives the bus. i am so lost in your post i actually think u are warde. brand and fan expiernce are not the same thing, but the ofthemplay a huge role togetehr and vbuild off each other. i wouldn't expect warde or his buddys to understand that. the new husky is goin to suck, thanks for giving us the heads up. we all already knew thisbecuase the ppl in chare suck.

did anyone here the best excuse in this? he gave the effort and i care chi chat about the ppl in charge and how hard they work. sound familiar???? thats the same bswe got about gdl and the great offense he ran this fall. the culture, leadership and vision in the mother frucking ad s so far off tht ppl here are blind if they dont see it. its god dam crazy.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
J-e-s-u-s C-h-r-i-s-t please tell me this guy was NOT a UConn grad with grammar like that. I could only make it through half of that diarrhea. I'm embarrassed for the poor guy.

im just trying t get thru middle school brah

Reaction Score
Alright, that's enough typing, it's the most of written since my English final

UI I hope this final went well for you. Not being a hard ass but usually two mistakes in the same sentence can lead to trouble.
Kind of like reality.....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I was referencing basketball, I like the Rent and hope at some point we can expand it and make it better.

And don't worry, I know being a newbie in the Boneyard, I'll be taking my fair share of lumps from HFD, and I can't argue with you, the conference situation is currently a disaster. I personally would lay a lot of the blame on Hathaway for a complete lack of vision, but you're right, Warde and Herbst bungled it. But if you were at signing day or have spent 5 seconds with Warde, that dude loves football and wants to build this program. You have every right to be frustrated about conference realignment, but right now we need to win football games and Warde needs to hit a homerun with whoever replaces PP.

But as pessimistic as you are HFD, I'll try to balance it with optimism. This is my state and my school so if that makes me a "crony", that's fine (FYI, I have my sources but have never worked for the Ath Dept). All I'm saying is you act like you know everything that goes on at UConn, but you really don't. I just hope you like the rebrand so we can finally pull you off that ledge.

(PS - Woof 101, I have no idea how I passed English, I need a deluxe version of spellcheck at all times)
i dont like part of what they did so it wont be a good day for me when it comes out. thought it was going to drop this week but i guess not. it has to soon...anyway, quality post on your side. hats off to ya.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The Cheerleader led U-C-O-N-N cheer makes me cringe and depending on how many Rolling Rocks I've had tailgating, nearly makes me puke.

It's contrived, the cadence is off and at best maybe 25% of the stadium does it. I mean, I hate to be a jerk about it, but it's a pretty simple chant and the fact they mess it up every single time is bewildering.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING gets me more pumped than a Big Red 'U-C-O-N-N' chant. Just do it right after TD's and not after TV time outs.

Also, DJ Joey Moron needs to stop jumping on the U-C-O-N-N chants at the games.

Scenario: Big basket, crowd goes wild, timeout, Big Red gets up. and.....

YO YO YO YO YO HUSKYYYY FANZZZ IN DA HOWSSE MAKE SUMMMM NOISSEEEE.

Way to try and kill off any tradition we have UConn Athletic Department.

Also, the BLUE WHITE chant is pathetic. Just please stop embarassing ourselves.

The great thing about tradition is that it happens organically. Not because some student intern jerk off played NCAA Football 2011 and saw something and forces it on UConn.

Sorry for the rant!
Not sure if Big Red goes to football games or not... But I would settle for a video of him leading the chant on the video board, played at key moments.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Not sure if Big Red goes to football games or not... But I would settle for a video of him leading the chant on the video board, played at key moments.

how about we have a cermony at a bball game during halftime where big red grants b/w kid the right to run fball game cheers for the u-c-o-n-n chant. like the jets fireman guy etc...my idea is he will be the big red for the next run of years. time to get that going. cheerleaders should not getr to lead that chant. its a special timing and crowd thing.

this all leads to the whole issue here, uconn is a great slang nickname and is a great term for certain things. but once u let the name get out of hand its no longer spoecial. the school let it take over the brand of connecticut and its been a mess since. its the small things that will lead a change to getting back to a real schools standards for this stuff.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Big red is going to choke on his hot dog soon. We need some young blood. Bring in a little red that will grow big one day. Or maybe a Big Blue that's ready to go.

Reaction Score
i dont like part of what they did so it wont be a good day for me when it comes out. thought it was going to drop this week but i guess not. it has to soon...anyway, quality post on your side. hats off to ya.
HFD...please give me something about this new look...all you have to say is red or no red in all the unis and cursive or block? Teeth or no teeth?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A few changes would go a long way to improve my game day experience:

1) HD Video Board - The Rent is 11 years old and so is the video technology. Hopefully with a new mgmt company taking over, their will be some $$ left over from the XL renovation to spend on a larger High Definition video board.

2) Dispose of DJ Jazzy Joey. No further explanation...

3) 3rd down music - They sprinkle in a little Crazy Train with the ad nausiem occurances of Welcome to the Jungle. They need to do it more often and with more variety. Better yet...

4) Have the "Pride of Connecticut" play the first few bars of our fight song when UConn makes a first down AND on defensive third downs.

5) Reconfigure parking to allow for fathers and sons / tailgaters (You know patrons?) to at least throw a football. The field in Rentschler Field refers more to the fact that the structure is built on a former airport field (read: acres upon acres of land) than the stadium itself.

6) Ushers and parking attendants act with some common sense. Examples to the contrary are too numerous to convey.

Husky25

Reaction Score
7) No more "Everybody clap your hands" cheer. We're not in Flushing, We are not the Mets!!!

pj

Reaction Score
7) No more "Everybody clap your hands" cheer. We're not in Flushing, We are not the Mets!!!

8) Please, do not even consider playing "Sweet Caroline." We're not the Red Sox and even the Red Sox won't remain the Red Sox if they keep playing Sweet Caroline.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If you really want to switch from UConn back to Connecticut, you're going to have to borrow the time travelling prof's machine and go back to ~WWII , when that name became common. Cat's out of the bag now. But if you had a time machine I hope you'd first get rid of Hitler and Stalin etc., stop the assassinations of Lincoln and JFK... oh and bet on the Jets in SBIII.

Also, I think that prof published a paper with a mathematical proof that time travel is only possible in the forwards direction, you can't go backwards. Oh well.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If you really want to switch from UConn back to Connecticut, you're going to have to borrow the time travelling prof's machine and go back to ~WWII , when that name became common. Cat's out of the bag now. But if you had a time machine I hope you'd first get rid of Hitler and Stalin etc., stop the assassinations of Lincoln and JFK... oh and bet on the Jets in SBIII.

Also, I think that prof published a paper with a mathematical proof that time travel is only possible in the forwards direction, you can't go backwards. Oh well.

we repped connecticut for a couple years like 4 years ago. it was great. but our dumb ass ad at the time only changed the unis and not the brand so everything was spoken and read still"uconn". have to go all out, not .

Husky25

Reaction Score
8) Please, do not even consider playing "Sweet Caroline." We're not the Red Sox and even the Red Sox won't remain the Red Sox if they keep playing Sweet Caroline.

I am a Red Sox fan and I concur. Mainly because Connecticut has a fractured fanbase, baseballwise. Besides, I believe Pitt plays Sweet Caroline and they fumble around with it as it is...

Reaction Score
Block C with red trim as main logo (center court, midfield, badge on shirts) and a new husky head as alternative logo (35 yard line, near coaches box, uniform sleeves). UCONN with the red U (like mens basketball home) written across the chest of all uniforms.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
that didnt come from me but bingo....

Reaction Score
now see if i post this, everyone here makes me out to be a murderer and thug. but the probelm still stands everywhere with uconn....

geez - no chance that the Official Facebook page was played with? Anyone can screw with it... flaw with Facebook. There's a "suggest an edit" link and it can be changed.

Reaction Score
I always thought Pink Floyd's "Dogs of War" tune would be a cool thing to incorporate somehow into the players entering the stadium but it's probably been played out long ago while I was away from CT. Still...the very beginning of that tune has a kind of ominous sound that could go well if done right.

A re-do of that video using a pack of white huskies running through the woods and down the street into Gample for basketball games and out of the tunnel at the Rent for football was what I was thinking. Mix it with some great UConn sports hi-lights and it might get the crowd pumped.

Reaction Score
I always thought Pink Floyd's "Dogs of War" tune would be a cool thing tot incorporate somehow into the players entering the stadium but it's probably been played out long ago while I was away from CT. Still...the very beginning of that tune has a kind of ominous sound that could go well if done right.

A re-do of that video using a pack of white huskies running through the woods and down the street into Gample for basketball games and out of the tunnel at the Rent for football was what I was thinking. Mix it with some great UConn sports hi-lights and it might get the crowd pumped.
More concerned with people actually being in the stadium during intros than what they look like.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
More concerned with people actually being in the stadium during intros than what they look like.

cool intro's get ppl into the stadium early becuase they wan tto be apart of the fun. youtube schools like vpi and clemson intros...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom