The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to your handle I think we just volunteered you to go and investigate.
Amarillo is about a 5+ hour drive so not really a “pop in” kind of assignment. I have been by this place a few times either driving through to Colorado or New Mexico or after flying into Amarillo but have never eaten there. Now, I know I never will.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Amarillo is about a 5+ hour drive so not really a “pop in” kind of assignment. I have been by this place a few times either driving through to Colorado or New Mexico or after flying into Amarillo but have never eaten there. Now, I know I never will.

Wheres your spirit of adventure?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That salad just touched all the raw meat blood and will be on plates in a few. How are people not becoming violently ill???
I'm not watching, it's the only thing saving me. Reading the commentary here is enough.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think "winning" this challenge is the definition of a pyrrhic victory. No way is it worth how bad you feel afterwards.

Reminds me of the time a high school friend challenged me to eat a full hot dog and bun in one bite during a round of golf at a course where they sold a hearty foot-long at the halfway house.

He was a very good golfer and I am not. I accepted the challenge and we both got stuck with about one inch to go. I gave up, feeling like I was going to choke. He looked at me with a gleam in his eye, expanded his cheek and tucked the last inch into his maw, and then he began to chew...and chew...and chew...

After several minutes he cleared the thing and was in obvious pain with his eyes watering. He played horribly for the rest of the round and complained of chest pain.

Years later he told me that he thinks he messed up his throat or esophagus that day because he had discomfort ever since; and he has repeated that sentiment every time I've seen him in the decades since.

But he "won."

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think I see a 72 oz'er on the grill! We may have a new contestant!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I saw our friend in the kitchen season the same steak at least 6 or 7 times with that giant shaker can earlier...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Cant believe people are missing this epic Two'fer
I'm sorry I didn't see it in real time, but you and @John are doing a good play by play. (Or is John the color man with his pregame salmonella review?)

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Looks like 2 people coming up! First guy may have the "bandwidth" needed to pull it off, 2nd contestant hasn't appeared yet...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I would love to hear live play-by-play from Andrew Cotter, the BBC sports commentator who does the soccer games and started doing all sorts of stuff during lockdown.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Man bun dude doesn't stand a chance.

The big boy has a confidence about him, and he looks the part, but I feel his approach is a little too casual.

Too bad I have to hop in the car for the drive home; I'll check in in around a half hour and see where they're at.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just am not sure man bun has the stuff. He seems to be going pretty slowly and he was visibly annoyed at the Raider cap guy taking video. I don’t know whether that is a sign of focus or a sign of fear - I have only been watching this sport for 90 seconds, so no feel for it yet.

The other guy just seems to relaxed.

CL82

Reaction Score
1600295976649.png

I'm kind of hoping they do a post steak sumo match.

LINK TO LIVE FEED

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Kind of casual at 37 minutes to go Man bun's slow but steady pace is making progress. The other dude went with the bold sides first strategy that I think will cost him. His heart really does seem into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom