Route 66 roadie friends and I have eaten there a couple of times but none of us ever tried the 72 oz. challenge. Also stayed overnight at the Big Texan Motel and tossed down a few cold ones at the pool. Lots of good times.
Hes testing the steak right now. Rule #2 !!!! We have lift off!!!
1. Entire meal must be completed in one hour. If any of the meal is not consumed (swallowed)…YOU LOSE!
2. Before the time starts, you will be allowed to cut into the steak, and take one bite. If the steak tastes good and is cooked to your satisfaction, we will start the time upon your acceptable approval. The time will not stop, and the contest is on, so make SURE before you say “yes.”
3. Once you have started you are not allowed to stand up, leave your table, or have anyone else TOUCH the meal.
4. You will be disqualified if anyone assists you in cutting, preparing or eating of your meal. This is YOUR contest.
5. You don’t have to eat the fat, but we will judge this.
6. Should you become ill, the contest is over… YOU LOSE! (Please use the container provided as necessary.)
7. You are required to pay the full amount up front; if you win we will refund 100%.
8.You must sit at a table that we assign.
9. If you do not win the steak challenge, you are welcome to take the leftovers with you.
10. No consumption or sharing of the leftovers is allowed in the restaurant once the contest is over.
11. If you fail to complete the challenge, you must pay the full $72 dollars.
this dude has definitely come out on the winning side of big steaks before, his belly looks like a flotation device. Hopefully he doesn't notice rings/fingernails (or doesn't care) because she just prepped that entire meal.