Texas & OK ask to join SEC? | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Texas & OK ask to join SEC?

Reaction Score
ND is like a drug addict/alcoholic and the ACC is the enabler. This is why ND is in (((no rush))) to join a conf.

If the ACC says 'no football commitment - GTHO! You can't use me for all your other sports and not commit", like a parent or enabling spouse should do to the chronic relapser - "go to long-term treatment or none of us will talk to you, help you, enable you! We will all turn our backs" - then ND would be forced to fully join a conference, or roll independent (homeless) for all sports, which they haven't done since forever and they don't want to do. Much like the addict would be forced into treatment or be homeless. In most cases, they will choose treatment rather to be homeless and die, and ND would choose a conference.

The ACC is the problem RE ND. They're too scared that taking a hard stance would push ND elsewhere. They'd rather have a sick and detoxing ND in their house using them, than kicking them onto the streets. Piss poor.

Reaction Score
yea ND will NEVER join a conference. theyre further ahead of the curve than even the SEC in owning their own digital streaming platform that they dont have to share with vanderbilt! They will be the 1st school to make a deal with Amazon or Google etc.

Good point. Just like they did w NBC back in the day. Damn Domers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'll save y'all the work.

1627327017961.png

Reaction Score
Happy Hour:

i dont understand why people think the aac would be able to poach from the big12 and not vice versa. the big12 has a much more valuable tv deal and p5 status (for now).

it seems much more preferable for the big12 remnants to add houston, cincy, ucf and memphis from the aac than to join a conference that would still have ECU tulane temple army wichita and aresco as commissioner.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen a television/streaming strategy for a 20 team league? The SEC is in 2 time zones, how do they show 10+ games live during normal viewing hours on a Saturday? There will be competition amongst their own schools, more so than now. Add in the BIG, ACC, etc. and its more concurrent games. You can only ”really” watch one, maybe 2 games games at a time. If they spread out the start times, are people going to spend 10-12 hours each and every Saturday for 4 months watching CFB? When do you watch NASCAR or Professional sports. CBB is easier as you spread it out over the week. Still, who is going to watch 40-60 hours of sports a week. Thats called a job. I guess they don‘t really need watchers, they just want subscribers. This will could be a good time to be a divorce lawyer.

Reaction Score
i dont understand why people think the aac would be able to poach the big12 and not vice versa. the big12 has a much more valuable tv deal and g5 status (for now).

it seems much more preferable for the big12 remnants to add houston, cincy, ucf and memphis from the aac than to join a conference that would still have ECU tulane temple wichita and aresco as commissioner.
Not without Texas and Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Not without Texas and Oklahoma.
i said for now but it's still going to be worth more than the aac's hot garabage 1 billion over 10 years deal or whatver. that also wasnt my main point. big12 should take the best aac teams and not deal with the deadweight and aresco. even k-state is a more valuable program than the aac bottom feeders

Last edited:
Reaction Score
causal fans yes but this is out of whack with everything i've read re where digital streaming is going. Eventually there will be ~30 schools that Amazon and Google and Facebook et al will divvy up among each other and carry on their respective streaming services, each requiring a subscription, and those fans will pony up. They aren't going to carry K state games for the extra content.

“We’re still seven or eight years away,” he said, “but if we had to restructure the landscape today, we would not start by negotiating with a conference. We don’t care about the SEC, Big 12 of Big 10 as a whole. In our opinion, those entities are not our focus.
“Instead, we would want to identify 30 or 40 teams that command the biggest audience. That may be by reputation or location, but generally we all know that there are members in every one of these conferences that frankly don’t move the needle.
"We would not want to pay for broadcast rights for a team with a fraction of the audience when we could use most of our available cash to tie down high profile teams."

*Most likely to make the 'Big Dog' list, (according to Top Programs by Value - WSJ ):

In order: Ohio State; Texas; Oklahoma; Alabama; Michigan; Notre Dame; Georgia; Tennessee; Auburn; Florida; Penn State; Texas A&M; Nebraska; South Carolina; Iowa; Arkansas; Wisconsin; Washington; Florida State; Oregon; Michigan State; Mississippi; Clemson; Southern California; Arizona State; UCLA.
I just cannot believe that SC Ark Tenn Miss are more valuable than UNC. Or LSU.

Reaction Score
The ACC is the problem RE ND. They're too scared that taking a hard stance would push ND elsewhere. They'd rather have a sick and detoxing ND in their house using them, .
uhh yeah.
what leverage does the ACC have?

ND could go to the SEC or BiG in a minute and make a ton more money. The only thing the ACC has to offer is that ND gets to stay Indy in FB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom