Team Summer Activity | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
How many assists did he average on the Europe trip? This isn’t a gotcha question, I really just have no idea. If he was averaging 5 assists per game that’s different than if he was 2nd on the team with 2.5 apg.
Here’s the box scores from that trip.

Post in thread 'Box Scores'
Box Scores

Reaction Score
I know the clips of each player that are being shown on separate threads are during practice, but I'm really impressed with what I am seeing up to this point. One member posted if coach was going to have enough minutes to go around and after seeing how talented the incoming players are and the improvement from last years group I can now understand why. I also think AK stated that this year's team may have more talent than the past two years and if that's not just hype we can expect another great season. If there was any doubt in my mind that a 3-peat was doable those thoughts are now gone. Can't wait for the next season to start! Go Huskies!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm more impressed by the program's social media & video editing crew than anything else! Professional grade.

But, yeah, our players look great. Deep team, no doubt.

Reaction Score
I went back through and watched each of the players mini-highlights focusing on the defense. A couple things I noticed were:

1. Isaiah Abraham is almost never the primary on ball defender in these highlights. Liam has 1 lay-up and gets a loose ball from him, and Youssouf gets a lob over him (but Abraham looks pissed at Tarris, I'm assuming Tarris switched his man off camera when he wasn't supposed to).
2. Hassan has very few highlights against him. Alex and Jaylin hit transition 3s over him, but that's it - except for Solo. Solo gets around a screen and hits a jumper, and then again gets by Hassan and hits a nice jumper off the glass.

Not sure this means much other than I have too much time on my hands, but if we think that Hass and Isaiah are going to be our 2 best perimeter defenders the highlights don't disprove that. Also, while Solo's highlights seem maybe a bit pedestrian compared to some of the others, he's doing some of it against Hass which makes it more impressive.

awy

Reaction Score
yea Isaiah is looking like a two way beast. potentially another castle level defender

Reaction Score

This sounds right to me. Stewie, Solo, and Tarris as the other three to round out the top 8 in minutes would be my prediction. Obviously there is a lot up for grabs, though.

I could see Stewie and Solo being a dynamic duo injection of athleticism with chips on their shoulder coming in together and playing off of each other really well. But I’m simply waxing fantastic about how entertaining next season will be. Watching Starrs of Storrs mostly just gave me withdrawals from watching Hurley level team play.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

He’s going to post his projected starting 5 and we’ll get to watch half the boneyard lose their minds.
the joker GIF

Reaction Score
I'd be stunned if Mahaney doesn't start.
I was debating it also. I am not saying that Mahaney is not worthy of starting. I'm thinking Hurley would give Solo the go at the beginning of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom