Team Summer Activity | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The European trip where they played a bunch of beer league teams in high school gyms? Yeah, Castle led the team in scoring on that trip.
Didn’t he have multiple games throughout the year where he led the team in scoring? Including in the Elite 8 or Final Four? (Can’t remember which).

So he didn’t do anything that was out of character right. It was something he was capable of. We don’t have to be dense about this people.

Reaction Score
Didn’t he have multiple games throughout the year where he led the team in scoring? Including in the Elite 8 or Final Four? (Can’t remember which).

So he didn’t do anything that was out of character right. It was something he was capable of. We don’t have to be dense about this people.

Who's being dense here?

Castle was the 5th leading scorer on the team. Of the five starters he was consistently the lowest scorer across the entirety of the season. I don't know why you pick these weird hills to die on, like Hawkins being misused as a freshman or something, but it's tiresome.

Reaction Score
I didn’t know they played basketball in socks.
Screenshot_20240711_121416_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240711_121525_Chrome.jpg

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Who's being dense here?

Castle was the 5th leading scorer on the team. Of the five starters he was consistently the lowest scorer across the entirety of the season. I don't know why you pick these weird hills to die on, like Hawkins being misused as a freshman or something, but it's tiresome.
You’re misunderstanding the point on purpose I feel because you’re a smart guy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Most of this board was also confused on why Castle was adamant to want to force his way to play PG at the next level. The fact of the matter is we rightly prioritized the vets on the team last year to where our talented freshman had to play roles outside of their actual skillsets. That’s why guys did not look as good and didn’t show skills that they should’ve and had. Castle is the prime example and he actually had playing time. Everyone (especially outside of our fanbase) is so surprised by how good his PG skills are.
Didn’t you argue most of last season that Hurley was improperly playing Solo and Stewart - not giving them enough minutes and minimizing their roles?

Agree that the freshmen have not been given the opportunity to show us all their skills.

In the AAU games I watched Solo played the 2G.

Reaction Score
Nba combine numbers might be a bit more accurate if you ask me
Which is the point, you can't use Beal's NBA combine numbers and then compare them to someone else's college numbers. Unless you want to be disingenuous of course, which is the case here

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Didn’t you argue most of last season that Hurley was improperly playing Solo and Stewart - not giving them enough minutes and minimizing their roles?

Agree that the freshmen have not been given the opportunity to show us all their skills.

In the AAU games I watched Solo played the 2G.
Yup, both whenever in the game were pretty much asked to be 3 and D guys.

We didn’t need them to win but it doesn’t mean that it came with their proper development. I’m hoping we can get to a point where those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Which is the point, you can't use Beal's NBA combine numbers and then compare them to someone else's college numbers. Unless you want to be disingenuous of course, which is the case here
Are you saying Ball is going to be listed at 6’4 or 6’5 in the NBA combine?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Seriously though, half this list isn’t even 6’3 and another half played PG at one point or another in their career. Like the whole list besides a few who are marginal role players.

It’s not about him not being able to play SG, of course he can. His ceiling is just significantly higher if our coaching staff who are suppose to be great developers can coach and develop him to be a PG.

What 3 guys on the roster? I know of only Diarra and Ahmad. I would not go out my way to avoid Solo’s development for a guy who hasn’t played there his whole career with Aidan. That’s just ridiculous and would be a disservice to both of them. Aidan should be focused on doing what we brought him in to do. Not playing him out of position.

If ball ends up a "marginal role player" in the NBA that would probably be a pretty huge win for him and the program. As if that's somehow a bad thing?

Reaction Score
Nba combine numbers might be a bit more accurate if you ask me
Yes, he's 6'3.25. They are both listed at 6'3 in college.

None of the shooting guards I listed are 6'4 or taller.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If ball ends up a "marginal role player" in the NBA that would probably be a pretty huge win for him and the program. As if that's somehow a bad thing?
Do you consider Andre’s development and where he went in the draft a win? If you do then we just aren’t going to agree here.

Reaction Score
With the new nba contract marginal players prob going to make 10-15M per year and stars closer to 100m

Reaction Score
Are you saying Ball is going to be listed at 6’4 or 6’5 in the NBA combine?
Maybe, I have no idea if he'll grow more. I do know his skill set is an NBA SG and he already has the other measurable needed to be a very good one

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Here’s my offering to get this thread back on track. Don’t think it’s been posted here yet.

Looks like they’re dropping a new player highlight every day so we have that to look forward to!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Who's being dense here?

I’m going to break this down real slow and then going to try and come off this topic.

Castle was the leading scorer in Europe which showed he was a capable scorer.

During the season he had multiple games where he continued to show that.

• 17 against Stonehill in the 2nd game
  • 20 in back to back games against St Johns and Providence
  • 21 against Bama and even 15 in the title game

Therefore he proved he was a capable scorer and aligned with what he showed in Europe. It’s not like he was out there shooting lights out from 3. Which is actually the first time we saw just how good of a shooter Cam was.

So when Ball was 2nd on the team in assists, it shows he’s capable of being a playmaker. Nobody did anything that they weren’t capable of doing skillset wise on that trip.

If you choose to take it super literal and say hey this guy was the leading scorer and wasn’t the leading scorer, you’re purposefully not getting the point. The point is the guy can clearly score.

Reaction Score
I’m going to break this down real slow and then going to try and come off this topic.

Castle was the leading scorer in Europe which showed he was a capable scorer.

During the season he had multiple games where he continued to show that.

• 17 against Stonehill in the 2nd game
  • 20 in back to back games against St Johns and Providence
  • 21 against Bama and even 15 in the title game

Therefore he proved he was a capable scorer and aligned with what he showed in Europe. It’s not like he was out there shooting lights out from 3. Which is actually the first time we saw just how good of a shooter Cam was.

So when Ball was 2nd on the team in assists, it shows he’s capable of being a playmaker. Nobody did anything that they weren’t capable of doing skillset wise on that trip.

If you choose to take it super literal and say hey this guy was the leading scorer and wasn’t the leading scorer, you’re purposefully not getting the point. The point is the guy can clearly score.
He’s a 6’3 guard. If he wasn’t somewhat capable of being a playmaker, he wouldn’t be on this team. That being said, it’s not his strength, and it is other player’s strength. Let’s just leave it at that, okay?

Reaction Score
He’s a 6’3 guard. If he wasn’t somewhat capable of being a playmaker, he wouldn’t be on this team. That being said, it’s not his strength, and it is other player’s strength. Let’s just leave it at that, okay?
You really think he's gonna leave it at that?

He hasn't shut up about this for a year. He died on this hill a long time ago and just keeps digging a deeper burial plot.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
A 4* recruit getting drafted and signing a $8M deal ($2M guaranteed) is a major win.
In life terms yes. But that should be the bare minimum for a guys with the talent that Andre and Solo have.

In The Wire terms, it’s like a 40 degree day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom