Team Summer Activity | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

Reaction Score
Sneakers are all different, I gave their actual heights. Karaban is wearing slides in the picture.
Ah, I see now. I didn't open the tweet. Maybe that's why their difference in height is more than 3.75 inches in that picture. Drummond has sneakers on so probably 6-11.75 and I bet Karaban's slides are less than his sneakers so he's less than 6-8 in the picture. Maybe that's why Tom thought Karaban looks shorter.

Reaction Score
This. Karaban was measured at combine without shoes
The combine records the real number. Period. The end. 6 feet 6.5 inches with no shoes. And an very long 6 feet and 11 inch wingspan. So UConn's 6 foot 8 number right on.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Can’t be a lock down defender from bench. He could get spot minutes in that role. This roster is different. Best defense will continue me from diarra and nowell. Depth will provide opportunity for massive pressing because depth is 10-12 deep. Completely different blueprint this year.
I don't deny that Diarra and Nowell (I think) are lockdown defenders but they are both guards and small (even as guards) but very quick. I don't see either being assigned to guard guys 6-5 to 6-8 (wings and power forwards). I expect Abrahams minutes to be principally against the 3-4 positions types although he could certainly handle guards as well if necessary. I agree also on the 10-11 or 12 depth which would be more pressure oriented than previous years but we will have to see what Dr Hurley comes up with in the lab.

awy

Reaction Score
with how deep and talented this roster is from top to bottom pressure defense is pretty good at running up the score on so many teams. but i'm concerned about specific matchups with bigger ballhandlers who can exploit it.

although the UConn pressure defense may not be at all your run of the mill ball pressure defense, but some kind of defense scheme that confuses the heck out of opponents. maybe the staff is getting bored of being the most innovative offense and decided to revolutionize defense too. would be hilarious if true.

Reaction Score
I don't deny that Diarra and Nowell (I think) are lockdown defenders but they are both guards and small (even as guards) but very quick. I don't see either being assigned to guard guys 6-5 to 6-8 (wings and power forwards). I expect Abrahams minutes to be principally against the 3-4 positions types although he could certainly handle guards as well if necessary. I agree also on the 10-11 or 12 depth which would be more pressure oriented than previous years but we will have to see what Dr Hurley comes up with in the lab.
Although both aren't tall guards, they can be disruptive applying a lot of pressure on the ball making the handlers feel uncomfortable and even playing some off the ball deny D.

They might be a tad prone for being shot over by taller guards.

I'm curious to see how UConn's D evolves this upcoming season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom