Team Summer Activity | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

Reaction Score
Talk about recruiting winning players and players that fit, willing to work super hard, and get pushed for more. These two, McNeeley and Nowell, and I'm sure Abraham too, exemplify the culture that Hurley has built at UConn, even as first year players.

Reaction Score
love abraham, just full of passion.
I’m not expecting NBA potential, but Abraham tracks as a four-year system guy who works his butt off every play, does all the little winning things well and can possibly develop a decent offensive game as well a la Whaley. He’s an easy kid to like.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I’m not expecting NBA potential, but Abraham tracks as a four-year system guy who works his butt off every play, does all the little winning things well and can possibly develop a decent offensive game as well a la Whaley. He’s an easy kid to like.
What is your take (or the scouting takes) on his defensive capabilities. The reason I ask is we need a real lockdown defender ala Andre and Stephon. Those two were instrumental and had the size and length to shutdown an awful lot of offensive threats over the years. I keep hearing good things on this young man from attitude, hard work and athleticism. He is also 6-7 and long. I know he seems to be on the far end of the bench from most followers but could he be the lockdown defender against elite offensive threats who may be too big for our smaller guards? LOL it becomes hard to keep a good man down!

Reaction Score
From what I saw at the open practice, he’s already well on his way to developing a more than decent offensive game

Reaction Score
From what I saw at the open practice, he’s already well on his way to developing a more than decent offensive game
Assuming he is a 4 year player is fools gold. The kid has an NBA body and athleticism, and has beautiful form on his jumper. I’m not sure what precluded him from being a more highly rated prospect, but it wasn’t traits. I could easily see him developing into an NBA draft pick by his junior year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Assuming he is a 4 year player is fools gold. The kid has an NBA body and athleticism, and has beautiful form on his jumper. I’m not sure what precluded him from being a more highly rated prospect, but it wasn’t traits. I could easily see him developing into an NBA draft pick by his junior year.
He seems like he can be in an Andre Jackson mold.

High level athlete with elite intangibles and motor. Just needs to develop skills that can make him an NBA player.

Reaction Score
He seems like he can be in an Andre Jackson mold.

High level athlete with elite intangibles and motor. Just needs to develop skills that can make him an NBA player.
Andre had one of the ugliest jump shots I’ve ever seen. He had a fatal flaw in his game. Isiah does not have that, at all. It’s yet to be determined what his all around game is in action, but he can shoot it. Really pretty form, high quick release.

Reaction Score
Based on the eye test and Hurley's comments-Will be surprised if IA is a 4 year guy. Two way player with a high BBIQ and a great motor and exceptional athleticism/measurables. Combine that with our SnC Program and player development history- Gonna be knocking on the door for PT this year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Andre had one of the ugliest jump shots I’ve ever seen. He had a fatal flaw in his game. Isiah does not have that, at all. It’s yet to be determined what his all around game is in action, but he can shoot it. Really pretty form, high quick release.
As I say all the time I hope he can do more than just shoot it. It was part of Andre’s problem as well offensively.

I’m not sure if he can facilitate like Andre, but he should be able to score in a way that he couldn’t.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Summer workout winners announced. Based on practice, seems like Jayden Ross and Solo Ball earned some big roles this year. Going to be interesting seeing how we handle Ross especially seeing as he did an NBA camp and has now medaled in both summer workout sessions.

Based off those factors it seems like he’s performing like a starter with pro potential.

Reaction Score
What is your take (or the scouting takes) on his defensive capabilities. The reason I ask is we need a real lockdown defender ala Andre and Stephon. Those two were instrumental and had the size and length to shutdown an awful lot of offensive threats over the years. I keep hearing good things on this young man from attitude, hard work and athleticism. He is also 6-7 and long. I know he seems to be on the far end of the bench from most followers but could he be the lockdown defender against elite offensive threats who may be too big for our smaller guards? LOL it becomes hard to keep a good man down!
Can’t be a lock down defender from bench. He could get spot minutes in that role. This roster is different. Best defense will continue me from diarra and nowell. Depth will provide opportunity for massive pressing because depth is 10-12 deep. Completely different blueprint this year.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming they both have shoes on. With shoes on Drummond has been measured at 6-11.75 and Karaban I'd bet is 6-8 with shoes.
Sneakers are all different, I gave their actual heights. Karaban is wearing slides in the picture.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom