Team Summer Activity | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

Reaction Score
I was debating it also. I am not saying that Mahaney is not worthy of starting. I'm thinking Hurley would give Solo the go at the beginning of the season.
There is a 0% chance Mahaney doesn't start. There's lots of position battles to happen so whether it's on or off the ball is TBD. But he is here to start and be one of our best players

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
There is a 0% chance Mahaney doesn't start. There's lots of position battles to happen so whether it's on or off the ball is TBD. But he is here to start and be one of our best players
If Mahaney is our best player this year I’m not too confident about a repeat.

I don’t think he has the ceiling to be one of the best players in any game we’re in. Only guys on the team capable of that are Liam, Solo, and Stewart.

Reaction Score
I think the same goes with Ball. He could have transfered out. Alot is being said of his progress this off season. We will see.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20240723_165321_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reaction Score
I think the same goes with Ball. He could have transfered out. Alot is being said of his progress this off season. We will see.
There's a good chance he starts too, my guess is he does. But Karaban and Mahaney are locked in as starters, full stop.

Reaction Score

I don’t think he has the ceiling to be one of the best players in any game we’re in. Only guys on the team capable of that are Liam, Solo, and Stewart.
Who was UConn's best player last season? How about 2022-2023?

Reaction Score

Aidan Mahaney, from Saint Mary's

Expected role: Starting guard

Mahaney is the only player on this UConn roster who has been the No. 1 option on the scouting report in college. That'll be invaluable.

The 6-foot-3 junior guard has all the qualities that Hurley wants. He's tough. He's a winner. He's reliable. He's smart. Oh, and he can shoot it. Mahaney shot 38% on his catch-and-shoot 3-pointers as a sophomore and 46% as a freshman. Per Synergy, no high-major team generated a higher percentage of open catch-and-shoot 3-pointers last season than … UConn. Conveniently, the Huskies were just barely ahead of Saint Mary's.

So yeah, this is probably going to work out really, really well for both sides.

Mahaney should fit like a glove in this UConn backcourt as a scorer who can handle it and create. He's unselfish and makes good decisions. Mahaney's lack of tip-top athleticism shows up on his shot chart. He doesn't have a high free throw rate. He doesn't get to the rim a lot and he's shot under 50% at the rim in each of the past two seasons. But, UConn's sets-oriented schemes should help cover up some of those small warts in his game and Mahaney will get better at 'em as he gets stronger.

Mahaney also has numerous examples of late-clock brilliance. When the shot clock is dwindling, he'll be comfortable with the ball in his hands. There's All-Big East potential here.

Reaction Score

You're trolling at this point. He doesn't have the ceiling to be "one of the best players in any game we're in." Just say you never heard of him before this summer.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Who was UConn's best player last season? How about 2022-2023?

Donovan Clingan was our most impactful player that gave us an advantage in every game we went into. He was the most important.

2022-2023 it was a mix of Hawkins, Andre, and Sanogo. All were guys who were the best on the floor in just about any game they went into at what they did.

I know Tristen was an AA, but him playing at a high level wasn’t necessary to us winning a game. Donovan was the difference maker.

That magical 30-0 run against Illinois? Newton literally didn’t have a FG that game. But Clingan was the whole reason for that 0.

Reaction Score

You not being confident about a transfer on our team is like saying water is wet. It goes without saying and is wrong.

Anyone who watches college basketball outside of UConn is familiar with Aidan Mahaney and knows he's good. He will have games where he's the best player just like all the guys you mentioned

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You not being confident about a transfer on our team is like saying water is wet. It goes without saying and is wrong.

Anyone who watches college basketball outside of UConn is familiar with Aidan Mahaney and knows he's good. He will have games where he's the best player just like all the guys you mentioned
I didn’t disagree with any of this you’re saying.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We are going to be so loaded. Won't be as top heavy as last year, or probably as good, but our 4-9 in the rotation are going to be ridiculously good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom