Team Summer Activity | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

Reaction Score
Do you consider Andre’s development and where he went in the draft a win? If you do then we just aren’t going to agree here.
Yes, the only people who don't are the people like you who are still looking for any reason possible to criticize Dan Hurley even after back to back championships.

Andre was the #53 recruit, acting like being an early 2nd round pick and getting a guaranteed contract is a bad thing is absurd

Reaction Score
Yes, the only people who don't are the people like you who are still looking for any reason possible to criticize Dan Hurley even after back to back championships.

Andre was the #53 recruit, acting like being an early 2nd round pick and getting a guaranteed contract is a bad thing is absurd
It's insane.

Jackson has no scoring ability, Hurley figured out a way to make him completely indispensable and one of the biggest weapons in the country. A lot of other great coaches wouldn't have known how to maximize his abilities and hide his deficiencies as a player.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's insane.

Jackson has no scoring ability, Hurley figured out a way to make him completely indispensable and one of the biggest weapons in the country. A lot of other great coaches wouldn't have known how to maximize his abilities and hide his deficiencies as a player.
Why in three years couldn’t we just teach him how to score? You know, develop that ability.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not sure why it’s this board’s prerogative to act like him being 2nd on the team in assists never happened in Europe. The one time he was asked to play that role.

He looked pretty comfortable then.
That is the reach of all reaches. I lay down my arms here.

This almost rivals being excited over K Will's potential from his dunk mix tape.

Reaction Score

In life terms yes. But that should be the bare minimum for a guys with the talent that Andre and Solo have.

In The Wire terms, it’s like a 40 degree day.

I know you only watch UConn games but you would really benefit by watching and familiarizing yourself with basketball as a whole.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I know you only watch UConn games but you would really benefit by watching and familiarizing yourself with basketball as a whole.
lol it kills me when people who have probably never even played competitive basketball try to tell me what I would benefit from.

We can talk hoops all yall want. Just don’t be disrespectful man.

Were the overseas games even televised?
They were streamed and the highlights are available to watch.

All of this so yall can hate and discredit one of our own players is insane.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
lol it kills me when people who have probably never even played competitive basketball try to tell me what I would benefit from.

We can talk hoops all yall want. Just don’t be disrespectful man.

They were streamed and the highlights are available to watch.

All of this so yall can hate and discredit one of our own players is insane.

People are saying Solo could play in the NBA - that's discrediting?

caw

Reaction Score
Newton was our PG. However, he often played off the ball while others brought the ball up the court and ran the team as the PG. So my guess is that Hurley will play Mahaney at the point. And Solo at the point. And Diarra at the point. And Nowell at the point.

Solo looks like a classic PG. How they play will determine who gets minutes there.

Yep, not sure why people are so stuck on positions after watching last year's team. It's more a question of if the three will be running plays like Castle did, or be more of a shooter/scorer like Hawk. I fully expect the two in the backcourt to split time running plays (meaning Diarra/Mahaney/Ball/Nowell).

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Hass #throwback

Anyone ever think of how wild the ripple effect is?
Ollie recruits Mamadiou Diarra and he gets injured. Rarely played. Hurley invites him to join coaching staff.

Hurley recruits transfer Hassan Diarra to come play for UConn with his brother.

2x national champ going for a 3rd

Brother still on coaching staff with his own 2 rings

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
People are saying Solo could play in the NBA - that's discrediting?
Jumping through mental hoops to invalidate a players skills is discrediting.

Paid analysts have said he can be a lead guard. But our own fans still want to discredit him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Jumping through mental hoops to invalidate a players skills is discrediting.

Paid analysts have said he can be a lead guard. But our own fans still want to discredit him.

You compared his ceiling to Russell Westbrook - a guy who averaged more than 10 assists per game in 5 NBA seasons.

Solo had 10 assists the entire season.

But..the Euro scrimmages.. or something.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You compared his ceiling to Russell Westbrook - a guy who averaged more than 10 assists per game in 5 NBA seasons.

Solo had 10 assists the entire season.

But..the Euro scrimmages.. or something.
The paid scout did that.

Russell Westbrook also played next to Darren Collison at UCLA.

Freshman year of college actually went pretty similar.

Reaction Score
So when Ball was 2nd on the team in assists, it shows he’s capable of being a playmaker. Nobody did anything that they weren’t capable of doing skillset wise on that trip.
How many assists did he average on the Europe trip? This isn’t a gotcha question, I really just have no idea. If he was averaging 5 assists per game that’s different than if he was 2nd on the team with 2.5 apg.

Reaction Score
How many assists did he average on the Europe trip? This isn’t a gotcha question, I really just have no idea. If he was averaging 5 assists per game that’s different than if he was 2nd on the team with 2.5 apg.
3.7, 11 assists in 3 games

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Heard a rumor that KWill was on the UConn TBT team. Is that true?
Yes but his main contribution will be that he also comes out at halftime and puts on a show with the guys who jump off trampolines and do flipping dunks and .

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hurley shouldn’t recruit players who might be better than those ge originally recruited because some fans will get angry that the original players recruited might get jumped over be the newly recruited players

This always happens. Same arguments about Polly and Gaffney

Reaction Score
Bradley Beal, Donovan Mitchell, Immanuel Quickley, Donte DiVincenzo, Anfernee Simons, Gary Payton II, Grayson Allen, Lonnie Walker, Bruce Brown, Terry Rozier, Seth Curry, CJ McCollum, Luguentz Dort, Cam Spencer, Norman Powell. The idea Ball can't play shooting guard in the NBA is absurd. He has a 6'10 wingspan and is supreme athlete.

Castle always was a point guard on the ball in high school and has always shown he has outstanding point guard skills, Solo Ball has never shown that. He's going to be great and maybe he'll develop those skills down the road and turn into an NBA point guard someday but he doesn't really have those skills now and there are three guys on the team who have those skills currently. Ball can play on the ball some but he's a straight line driver. I watched a lot of him before Uconn and he scored on straight line drives, catch and shoot threes, some pull ups, and out on the break. Passing is not a strength and he needs more change of pace.
Just to reinforce your point, the UConn website lists his wing span at 7 feet with a 43 inch vertical. Those are insane numbers that will translate to the NBA even if he’s actually 6’1.5” without shoes.

Reaction Score
Just to reinforce your point, the UConn website lists his wing span at 7 feet with a 43 inch vertical. Those are insane numbers that will translate to the NBA even if he’s actually 6’1.5” without shoes.
Worked for Bronny :p

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
As of now

Mahaney, Ball/Nowell (whoever can shoot the 3), Stewart, Karaban, Reed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom