Team Summer Activity | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
AJax knows where to get a good practice in but I also see him working on his coaching side too. He will be a good coach down the line and he is learning from some of the best
Could very well be. I think Karaban might make a good coach someday and have always thought Kemba would make a good one but might not have an interest after all the time on the road and the money he has made. Just seems like he would be great with people.

Reaction Score
So you’re saying Solo only got run at the beginning because he had to fill in for an injured player? As the year went on Stewart got the run and Ball went to the bench.

Mahaney is starting. The only question is, is he’s playing the 1 or 2?

Some fans think that because players don’t transfer out they automatically get the starting spot. If you’re good enough for the system, you’ll play.
No, I'm not saying he got the run because of an injured player. He was good enough to start as the next best guard. Mahaney transfered becacause he is going to a better conference and because we are UConn. Yes, playing time is going to be plenty for him. Hurley does not guarantee automatic starting. You earn it. It's a great problem to have. Let's see how Hurley handles it. In Hurley we trust.

Reaction Score
Could very well be. I think Karaban might make a good coach someday and have always thought Kemba would make a good one but might not have an interest after all the time on the road and the money he has made. Just seems like he would be great with people.
Maybe Kemba does have interest in coaching.

Reaction Score
There is a 0% chance Mahaney doesn't start. There's lots of position battles to happen so whether it's on or off the ball is TBD. But he is here to start and be one of our best players
The only person on team that should be guaranteed starting spot is Mahaney. He is the new Castle in terms of high grade talent. No one else on team compares. Will be first rounder after year is done. We need him to be stud, and he will be.

Reaction Score
Karaban, who gets it all, coach on the floor. Alex, a year older, with a more expanded game this season, driving more, getting to the line for the easy ones, knocking down threes, and bringing leadership and stability to the team. All BIG EAST First Team this year.

Reaction Score
Solo is more athletic and he started last year until Castle came back from his injury. Solo is a scary player. This is not to down play Mahaney. But both are fighting for a starting position. I just think that Solo has a more athletic/defensive game and knows exactly what Hurley expects from him. Ball did not come back to sit either.... Both are going to get plenty of minutes depending on game situations. Mahaney is NO slouch, we are very fortunate to have him. I just think that Hurley will give Ball the edge. Ball is a better defender.
Save this for year end, aiden is a serious player. Solo is a big question mark. He has great potential but accomplished little last year.

Reaction Score
Save this for year end, aiden is a serious player. Solo is a big question mark. He has great potential but accomplished little last year.
I am not saying Aiden is not a serious player. Ball was stuck behind 2 NBA players, he played the beginning of last season and was comming along until his playing time diminished because of Castle. Aiden is tough but so is Ball. Ball is athletically better than Aiden and he has a 6'10" wingspan. Defensively Ball will disrupt because of his length. YES! Aiden will play alot of minutes, he is that good. I just have a hard time thinking that Hurley talked with Solo and prior to getting Aiden and not playing him. Ball could of gone portal and started on most top tier teams. It's going to be interesting how Hurley handles it.

Reaction Score
Karaban, who gets it all, coach on the floor. Alex, a year older, with a more expanded game this season, driving more, getting to the line for the easy ones, knocking down threes, and bringing leadership and stability to the team. All BIG EAST First Team this year.
Taking elbows to the face against Edey and not even flinching as he had to guard him 1 on 1. AK does it all.

Reaction Score

Hurley said Solo's shooting is for real. So you can remove one question mark.

After Solo started coming off the bench, I thought he played with a little too much "me" in his game. He could have used those minutes more wisely. I suspect he has figured out that his court time will be enhanced by playing a more well rounded floor general role which will be more effective for the team and Solo. He either starts or gets starter minutes off the bench.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
After Solo started coming off the bench, I thought he played with a little too much "me" in his game. He could have used those minutes more wisely. I suspect he has figured out that his court time will be enhanced by playing a more well rounded floor general role which will be more effective for the team and Solo. He either starts or gets starter minutes off the bench.
I saw that too. He was a bit less plug-and-play than the others at the end. But he was a capable starter and integrated well as a young freshman and I expect that experience to pay dividends this year.

Reaction Score
I saw that too. He was a bit less plug-and-play than the others at the end. But he was a capable starter and integrated well as a young freshman and I expect that experience to pay dividends this year.
Solo is the biggest wild card on the team. High upside physically. It’s hard to get a read on what he can become because he has flashes on both sides that are demonstrative of upside and downside.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm of the opinion UConn has three starting caliber guards, three starting quality 3/4s and two decent to very good centers.

Aside from Karaban, I'm not sure how you "sharpie" anyone into a starting role without some inside knowledge from the coaching staff.

Either way I expect 25+ minutes from each of the three guards and 25+ from each of the three 3/4s.

And that isn't including a surprise in Ross/Nowell/Abraham/Singare, which could happen.

Reaction Score
The only person on team that should be guaranteed starting spot is Mahaney. He is the new Castle in terms of high grade talent. No one else on team compares. Will be first rounder after year is done. We need him to be stud, and he will be.
Thanks Dad!

Reaction Score

My favorite part of this one is the 4th slide (2nd video). Jayden hits the corner 3, game is called, then there’s the juxtaposition of Aidan hugging Jayden in the foreground with Abraham in the background letting out a rage-filled duck*. It’s great seeing that level of emotion in a July practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom