Team Summer Activity | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

Reaction Score
Not exactly happy with one or two guys not following practice protocol.
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Reaction Score
Are Nowell and Abraham here for the summer workouts?
They were for the first summer session. They were in all those practice videos. Hurley mentioned the first summer session is over and the kids went home and will be back for the second summer session. I think the second summer sessions starts today and goes through August 16 and then the players go home again until the fall semester starts.

Reaction Score
I read Hurley’s quote as just not guaranteeing starting spot but he’ll have to earn it.
We only have one player who is guaranteed to start barring injury. Everyone else will have to fight for their minutes, and a lot of players are so close in talent that it’s conceivable that the best five players won’t blend into the best team Hurley can put together.

Reaction Score
Good problem to have I guess but Hurley gonna have his hands full getting enough minutes for everyone at those 3-4 spots with Karaban, Stewart, Ross, McNeeley, and Abraham.

awy

Reaction Score
team is clearly extremely amped up in practice. i think the biggest concern this year is injuries and just managing the fine line between going hard and going too hard.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wonder how much we can read into Dan saying he wants Abraham to handle the ball? Maybe he has some Andre Jackson Jr stuff to his game?

Reaction Score
Good problem to have I guess but Hurley gonna have his hands full getting enough minutes for everyone at those 3-4 spots with Karaban, Stewart, Ross, McNeeley, and Abraham.

If they give Karaban some mins at the 5 they can find time for everyone. Eventually guys will start to separate themselves though. Great problems to have. We have come a long way from the fun lineups of Cobb, Onuorah, Larrier, Antoine Anderson, etc.

Reaction Score
Wonder how much we can read into Dan saying he wants Abraham to handle the ball? Maybe he has some Andre Jackson Jr stuff to his game?
it's just necessary for his overall growth as a prospect, at his size he projects as a wing at the next level, gotta get that handle tight.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He is supposed to be a 6-7 lockdown defender. Hurley likes those kind of players for openers. If he can handle the ball reasonably well he may be great in transition and looking over the smaller defender guards. I expect a real deep bench this year. I think they will be very exciting but will be learning the intricacies of the offense will take some time. These kind of guys are very disruptive (AJ, SC etc.) Coming in at say the 10 min mark in the first half fully energized. ;)

Reaction Score
If they combine last years motion offense with a relentless full court press on defense, I don't know how opposing players will survive a full 40 minutes. That type of pace will also naturally allow more player to be rotated in.

Reaction Score
you can't be serious

Wouldn’t be the first time this hour that I was wrong about something

But in a multi-million business operation I would assume key personnel to ply their trade according to company rules for their and the company’s protection.

I would also assume you want yout players to play in an area where there is qualified medical help readily available in the case of injury and are playing in a proper facility.

But I’m old, what do I know except we now have 3 key players out with injuries not sufffered at the campus.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
If they combine last years motion offense with a relentless full court press on defense, I don't know how opposing players will survive a full 40 minutes. That type of pace will also naturally allow more player to be rotated in.
Exactly. We’re loaded enough to press most of the game

Reaction Score
I know we sucked for a few years, but putting Larrier in that group is a real “which doesn’t belong and why” moment.

I mean those were our lineups so not sure what to tell you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom