Syracusefan.com | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Syracusefan.com

Reaction Score
1542390099558.png

Reaction Score
Anytime we land a big recruit, they always post that we handed someone a "bag" of cash

Reaction Score
Excuses there as bad as the commentators during the game tonight:

"UConn can't keep shooting this well from behind the arc."
Shoots lights out down the stretch

"I feel like Syracuse is going to go on a run here"
UConn kills off the game

LOL They gasped when Alterique pulled up for that 3... getting set to start piping their comeback narrative when he missed. Which didn't happen.

That was good stuff.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn played a pretty good game but far from its best. The 3 pt % certainly helped but we also turned the ball over a gazillion times and the whistle was definitely Fruit-friendly for the majority of the game. I think they scored half of their 1H points from the charity stripe. Probably the only reason the game was as close as it was to be honest.

We have to clean up some of the mistakes that allowed them to hang around in the game and if we can do that, we could be better than what we thought this year. I loved seeing the old UConn grit again.

I don't think that this team is a vintage championship Connecticut basketball team...yet. But it definitely expedited the rebuilding curve going forward. UConn teams - the elite UConn teams - all got tougher, faster, better as the season progresses. If this is our November baseline, then that bodes really well for our late season push. Because at UConn, that's what really matters - how we finish seasons...not how we start them.

Reaction Score
Have to admit I love lurking their board after a night like last night, but let's be honest, there haven't been a ton of opportunities to do that for a while.

The problem with Syracuse fans (at least on that board, because frankly most Syracuse people I've met in real life are cool) is it's never about the basketball. It's just "why do we play them and give them exposure" "they're a mid major" "they're going to die on the vine" "ACC vs AAC" crap. That board absolutely loves that we were the last one standing in the musical chairs game, and would like nothing more than for the program to keep fading into total irrelevancy.

I never understood that. Heated rivalries make watching the games fun. If we had gotten into the ACC and Syracuse got stuck in the American I wouldn't be rooting for them to then die out. That's just...idk what that is. Frankly it's just mean spirited at its core, beyond any sports-hate. I can't respect people like that.
Jealousy. They (and BC) know we'd be wiping the floor with them as a member of the Big Ten.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Their delusional arrogance is staggering. Like they're too good for us because they got a golden P5 ticket so now we're just a mid-major. Small potatoes.

So satisfying to kick their pompous arses last night.

And as always,

4 > 1
That would be 4 > 1*

Reaction Score
They are out of their minds. Someone posted this video showing some guy saying, "get the __ck our of here" and they are saying it's a UConn assistant coach and Red and Mac would never do that.
Well informed fans.
1542402702203.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom