Syracuse cans Jim Boeheim | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Syracuse cans Jim Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good for him. Better than being forced to retire and leave with your tail between your legs.

He had a year left on his deal.

I don’t know what the relationship was there between JB and the admin, but I do wonder if that played a role…..clearly, with the school making the move, they do owe him that last year.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He had a year left on his deal.

I don’t know what the relationship was there between JB and the admin, but I do wonder if that played a role…..clearly, with the school making the move, they do owe him that last year.

Good. I'm assuming he gets paid for next year.

Out of curiosity I checked the syracuse bb wiki page. The coach name was changed after the game. Not sure if the school runs the page.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I just don’t even see what he brings to the table from an analytics standpoint. Coached zone to a fault for however long. Not to mention what a whiny loser he is, what kind of energy would a studio think he’s bringing?

And won't be analytics. It'll be random unhinged rants.

Reaction Score

Kind of a weird way to end it. Gives me some appreciation on the way Calhoun went out. Went out on his terms.
JC did everything on his own terms, and as much as I love him he shoved Ollie up our backside. Yes we got a NC but that was JC's team.
Oh my where did it go from there?
If there’s a 3/14 matchup, he knows the three seed and he knows the 14 seed.
Oh but, what will he have to say if neither team is not in a 2/3 zone. Most over rated coach in college basketball, a boring listen, just my opinion. Over paid, well paid and time to fade. ;)
Good for him. Better than being forced to retire and leave with your tail between your legs.
Hmmm, me thinks that is what we are witnessing, pretty obviously the picture. I celebrate in nobody's demise but have no desire for him in any way shape or form. May he have many happy years down the road with his family and friends.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
JC did everything on his own terms, and as much as I love him he shoved Ollie up our backside. Yes we got a NC but that was JC's team.

Oh but, what will he have to say if neither team is not in a 2/3 zone. Most over rated coach in college basketball, a boring listen, just my opinion. Over paid, well paid and time to fade. ;)

Hmmm, me thinks that is what we are witnessing, pretty obviously the picture. I celebrate in nobody's demise but have no desire for him in any way shape or form. May he have many happy years down the road with his family and friends.
He won’t. He is a generally miserable person.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If CBS is smart, they are doing just that.

Say what you will, he’s one of the most brilliant basketball minds out there - and unlike most coaches or analysts, he pays attention to the game in general.

If there’s a 3/14 matchup, he knows the three seed and he knows the 14 seed.
Sure. Somebody just needs to tie down his hands when the camera might be rolling to avoid the inevitable move to the nose.

This ending is so Syracuse. Somehow makes both JB and the school look bad. He should have taken the very natural out last year when his kids were done.

Reaction Score
Seriously, talk him out of that school. You will be throwing your money away.

If he has to live in that region, he will get a much better education for a third of the price at one of the SUNY's. Buffalo and Binghamton are great schools. My son graduated from Oneonta--maybe one level down from those--but he loved it and is doing great now. I paid full out-of-state tuition and it was quite reasonable.

Can't understand why anyone would pay crazy private school tuition for an inferior education.

Binghamton class of ‘92 here… could count the number of students from CT on two hands when I arrived on campus in 1988. Now, all of my friends’ kids here in Stamford apply to “the public Ivy”. Admissions standards have increased dramatically since my days there. I would have zero change of being admitted today.

Reaction Score
Terrible take
Agree, Feinstein's article glossed over the fact that Syracuse did let him stick around long after obvious expiry date AND facilitated the nepotism to bring his sons in & sink the team into mediocrity. They let him coach 3-4 more years than they should have, they can't owe him forever & arguably did him a favor by firing him (as noted above he gets pd 1 more yr than if resigned).

Reaction Score
Binghamton class of ‘92 here… could count the number of students from CT on two hands when I arrived on campus in 1988. Now, all of my friends’ kids here in Stamford apply to “the public Ivy”. Admissions standards have increased dramatically since my days there. I would have zero change of being admitted today.
Yeah my son applied there in '04 and didn't get accepted. But he loved Oneonta.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Boeheim takes no pity on the Syracuse athletic department.

"You want me to leave? Pay me!"

Definitely doing what is best for Jim, and not what is best for Cause.

Reaction Score

Kevin Ollie before and after the divorce are completely different people. Calhoun couldn't have known. Frankly it worked quite well until that.

Reaction Score
Things we'll miss

Attachments

• nose.jpg
    nose.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 69

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Boeheim takes no pity on the Syracuse athletic department.

"You want me to leave? Pay me!"

Definitely doing what is best for Jim, and not what is best for Cause.
But has he told former players not to contribute to the athletic department? That would be bad.

Reaction Score
My memory is fading, but didn't he leave just ahead of sanctions?
Mine has faded a bit as well. What I do know and remember is that JC is one of the greatest coaches in history. Took a New England power and elevated it to close to Blue Blood and a national brand.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie before and after the divorce are completely different people. Calhoun couldn't have known. Frankly it worked quite well until that.
I think most of us were happy with the choice - up until the second year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom