Sun goes up, Sun goes down, and ACC sux in OOC bball | The Boneyard

Sun goes up, Sun goes down, and ACC sux in OOC bball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn over Maryland
PC over BC
St. Francis (NY or PA who cares?) over Miami, Fla.

And several teams struggled with cupcakes.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The ACC is the greatest basketball conference in the history of mankind.

Do not believe those scores. Those ACC teams did not lose, they merely ran out of time before they proved their dominance.

Reaction Score
PC over BCU? What team were we cheering for???
We just plain old hate BC
They are thought of as the primary cause of our conference woes.
We just love to break them off on PC .
Their fans suffer from Huskie envy and have a fascination for us boardering on stalking.
Who do you think we should root for?
Take your pick but all rooting should be done privately, so we don't encourage either team.

Reaction Score
I like Maryland, they have the pieces to be a pretty good team. Good size, can shoot it and Turgeon seems to be able to coach!! When the PG gets back they will be a very tough out!

Reaction Score
UConn over Maryland
PC over BC
St. Francis (NY or PA who cares?) over Miami, Fla.

And several teams struggled with cupcakes.

The ACC is the greatest basketball conference in the history of mankind.

Do not believe those scores. Those ACC teams did not lose, they merely ran out of time before they proved their dominance.

So the number 6(preseason) team in the ACC loses to the number 2 team in the AAC by one point(without their starting PG by the way) and that makes the ACC over hyped ? Wasnt UConn a 5 point favorite ?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
See?

Ignore the scores - the ACC is dominant 'cuz they covered the spread a few times and Duke thumped Davidson.

Of course, one wonders how any ACC was an underdog last night.

The greatest conference should always bee favored. I blame the oddsmakers for failing to recognize dominance.

Reaction Score
See?

Ignore the scores - the ACC is dominant 'cuz they covered the spread a few times and Duke thumped Davidson.

Of course, one wonders how any ACC was an underdog last night.

The greatest conference should always bee favored. I blame the oddsmakers for failing to recognize dominance.

So instead of a basketball conversation, you prefer hyperbole.

Most said the ACC would be one of the best conferences NEXT year when Louisville comes in anyway. But I dont have to really compare conferences with you. The old Big East was a beast, but those days are done. Time to move on

Reaction Score
So the number 6(preseason) team in the ACC loses to the number 2 team in the AAC by one point(without their starting PG by the way) and that makes the ACC over hyped ? Wasnt UConn a 5 point favorite ?

Game was well in hand, 17 point lead at the 30 minute mark, then our PG sat on the bench because he got a tech for saying "That's what I do best."

If Maryland meets UConn again in the NCAAs, UConn wins handily.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Most said the ACC would be one of the best conferences NEXT year when Louisville comes in anyway. But I dont have to really compare conferences with you. The old Big East was a beast, but those days are done. Time to move on

ACC is still dumping on the bed early, like it does every year. I mean, St. Francis? Really? Heck, NC State had some 1st half trouble with Gardner Webb.

Reaction Score
Louisville (future ACC) is losing to Charleston 25-23 with 2 minutes left in first half.

Virginia Tech is tied with something called South Carolina Upstate Spartanburg at 62-62 with 3 minutes left in the game.

caw

Reaction Score

Let's ignore that not for a second did Maryland have a lead.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm happy. As far as trolls go I prefer Friar and sean more than BCingy

The ACC was proclaimed the best conference this season with Duke, North Carolina and Cuse leading the way. It still is the best conference but a lot of the proclamations might be far more exuberant than will actually turn out. The beauty of bb is that the stage ultimately proves if the pundits are accurate or not because of the number of games and cross conference match ups. Football doesn't allow this to happen and pre season proclamations influence the outcome as much as how teams perform.

Reaction Score
Now that the BE is kaput, ACC wins the title of best by default. But, they still can't win those pesky OOC games. UNC and Duke have had it easy forever beating up these teams. The BE had them too, but it had 9 or 10 or 11 teams going on the NCAA tourney. Big difference in the level of play night after night.

Reaction Score
And Virginia Tech loses to Spartanburg.

Va Tech lost their top players with the coaching change and the nations leading scorer last year to graduation. Miami is starting over. They are projected to finish 13 and 15 in the league.

Louisville got PF Harrell from Va Tech(signed his LOI but they released him)
Florida got SF Dorian Finney Smith(transfer, top 30 recruit as a Frosh)

Miami lost 7 of its top 8 players from last season. On top of that,
PG transfer Angel Rodriguez(KState) was denied immediate eligibility, will sit.
Top SG recruit, 4 star freshman Deandre Burnett was injured before the season and is done for the year
Top PG recruit Corn Elder is still playing football for the Hurricanes.

That is a lot for any team to deal with.

NC State beat Appalachian State by 21. State also lost 5 of the top 6 players from last season.(nice to get some payback on their coach for the whole Devonte Graham situation)

Juco transfer Dez Lee(Purvis's replacement) scored 24 points on 10-12 shooting. Cat Barber looked great. TJ Warren had 27 and 8 rebounds.

We run 4 freshmen,2 sophomores and 2 transfers in our top 8. Of course there would be a little cohesion problem in the first half of the first game

Reaction Score
Va Tech lost their top players with the coaching change and the nations leading scorer last year to graduation. Miami is starting over. They are projected to finish 13 and 15 in the league.

Top SG recruit, 4 star freshman Deandre Burnett was injured before the season and is done for the year

We are talking about St. Francis and Spartanburg here.

caw

Reaction Score

Yeah not sure you can sugar coat those losses at all.

BC losing to PC (without their starting PG, star recruit and another recruit) is a pretty big loss also for an ACC team. BC should have been the favorite.

Maryland losing to UConn was expected.

Reaction Score
Va Tech lost their top players with the coaching change and the nations leading scorer last year to graduation.
Does that give them an excuse to lose to something called USC Upstate or Spartanburg or whatever the heck they are called?

caw

Reaction Score

That is a lot for any team to deal with.

NC State beat Appalachian State by 21. State also lost 5 of the top 6 players from last season.(nice to get some payback on their coach for the whole Devonte Graham situation)

Juco transfer Dez Lee(Purvis's replacement) scored 24 points on 10-12 shooting. Cat Barber looked great. TJ Warren had 27 and 8 rebounds.

We run 4 freshmen,2 sophomores and 2 transfers in our top 8. Of course there would be a little cohesion problem in the first half of the first game

Btw congrats on beating App St.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The ACC has been a bright shiny lie for most of a decade now.

There's Duke and there's North Carolina.

And then there's nothing but persistent misery. Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Notre Dame just moved to an easier neighborhood.

Reaction Score
The ACC has been a bright shiny lie for most of a decade now.

There's Duke and there's North Carolina.

And then there's nothing but persistent misery. Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Notre Dame just moved to an easier neighborhood.

So you would be against joining the league then ?
(a move I was all for with Louisville and Cincy by the way)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So you would be against joining the league then ?
(a move I was all for with Louisville and Cincy by the way)

We'd have no choice.

We were in the best basketball conference in America last year. (And the year before, and the year before....)

And now we're in the AAC and I swear, I cannot tell you exactly who is in the conference now or who is joining next year.

Reaction Score

Definitely bad losses, but I was just given a little info on those two teams situations.

Everyone was up in arms last season in the ACC when Miami lost to an unheard of school called Florida Gulf Coast.

Va Tech will likely have to get a new coach soon, there last hire, James Johnson, is nothing more than an second assistant at best
Out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog