Sun goes up, Sun goes down, and ACC sux in OOC bball | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sun goes up, Sun goes down, and ACC sux in OOC bball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did dunlow miss the Cincy game? haven't seen or heard from him/her?;)

Didnt miss the game at all, watched every minute. NC State young guys did their best, tie score with 10 minutes to go in the game. We didnt expect to beat Cincy this year. Their team has a lot more experience than ours. As I said before, we have four freshmen, 2 sophomores and 2 transfers playing. We expected a rebuilding year. We lost to a tough team on the road. Didnt UConn lose in Cincy last year ?

Lot of negativity to Va Tech after their lose, but not much about the win of WVU. Guess that didnt happen either.
Did UCF beat FSU ? No. Did UCF lose two commits for 2015, Yes.(guess they realized they wouldnt get to play Louisville in conference in '15)
VCU was ranked in the top 15, I kind of think they were supposed to beat UVA(hate the way UVA plays, but they do win that way)

So exactly what is the big 'overated' ACC doing that is so horrendous. Bet that wouldnt be an issue if the ACC had invited UConn instead of, or in addition to Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville.

Reaction Score
Didnt miss the game at all, watched every minute. NC State young guys did their best, tie score with 10 minutes to go in the game. We didnt expect to beat Cincy this year. Their team has a lot more experience than ours. As I said before, we have four freshmen, 2 sophomores and 2 transfers playing. We expected a rebuilding year. We lost to a tough team on the road. Didnt UConn lose in Cincy last year ?

Lot of negativity to Va Tech after their lose, but not much about the win of WVU. Guess that didnt happen either.
Did UCF beat FSU ? No. Did UCF lose two commits for 2015, Yes.(guess they realized they wouldnt get to play Louisville in conference in '15)
VCU was ranked in the top 15, I kind of think they were supposed to beat UVA(hate the way UVA plays, but they do win that way)

So exactly what is the big 'overated' ACC doing that is so horrendous. Bet that wouldnt be an issue if the ACC had invited UConn instead of, or in addition to Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville.

If the ACC invites Uconn, I will root against and hate each and every ACC team.

WV has sucked for a while, that should be obvious, They lost all their NYC recruits.

And you're being ridiculous about the UCF commits.

Reaction Score
By the way, what do you think about 6 guys on the court?

caw

Reaction Score

How many years does Gottfried get before NCST fans real size what everyone else knows, he is a mediocre coach.

Reaction Score
Aaaaaand BC just lost to Toledo. 0-3.

They are killing our RPI.

How in the world did PC get taken to OT by them?

The sick thing is that Fox Sports 1 featured BC in their first game ever,

You have to wonder if FS1 knows anything about college basketball.

Reaction Score
How many years does Gottfried get before NCST fans real size what everyone else knows, he is a mediocre coach.

Took us to the NCAA tourny his first two seasons. Team had not been in the previous five years. Mediocre or not, he is better than what we had. So we should just fire him because other fan bases think he is mediocre?
He is bringing in talent and yes I know Purvis left but he is being replace by Trevor Lacey at that position and class. Not a bad trade from our perspective.

I dont get the need to criticize him from UConn fans, any history between Gott and UConn was before I gave a crap about his coaching days. Would he have been my first choice, NO, but they didnt ask me.

As for conferences, wait til you get to take a road trip to Greenville, NC . Lets see what Tulane does for your RPI next year. How about Tulsa, didnt they just get dropped by Oral Roberts ?

Reaction Score
If the ACC invites Uconn, I will root against and hate each and every ACC team.

WV has sucked for a while, that should be obvious, They lost all their NYC recruits.

And you're being ridiculous about the UCF commits.

What team dont you hate, And how on earth is a comment about UCF losing recruits ridiculous. Did they lose them. YES, I thought this was a discussion about conference strength, Is UCF in the AAC , YES , So I repeat, how is it ridiculous since you think you are the end all, be all, basketball authority.

Reaction Score
Took us to the NCAA tourny his first two seasons. Team had not been in the previous five years. Mediocre or not, he is better than what we had. So we should just fire him because other fan bases think he is mediocre?
He is bringing in talent and yes I know Purvis left but he is being replace by Trevor Lacey at that position and class. Not a bad trade from our perspective.

I dont get the need to criticize him from UConn fans, any history between Gott and UConn was before I gave a crap about his coaching days. Would he have been my first choice, NO, but they didnt ask me.

As for conferences, wait til you get to take a road trip to Greenville, NC . Lets see what Tulane does for your RPI next year. How about Tulsa, didnt they just get dropped by Oral Roberts ?

I just see a poorly coached team. Your kids have a lot of talent. But there is a lot of confusion and standing around the court. Anya is solid, would love to have him on UConn, and Warren certainly looks to have NBA possibilities. BUT, what in the world is going on with all the confusion? They simply don't look prepared. It looked like Cincy was running circles around them.

Reaction Score
I just see a poorly coached team. Your kids have a lot of talent. But there is a lot of confusion and standing around the court. Anya is solid, would love to have him on UConn, and Warren certainly looks to have NBA possibilities. BUT, what in the world is going on with all the confusion? They simply don't look prepared. It looked like Cincy was running circles around them.

And again, FOUR FRESHMEN, TWO TRANSFERS in the top eight, for all the running circles around us, the score was tied with 10 minutes to go in the game.

Reaction Score
What team dont you hate, And how on earth is a comment about UCF losing recruits ridiculous. Did they lose them. YES, I thought this was a discussion about conference strength, Is UCF in the AAC , YES , So I repeat, how is it ridiculous since you think you are the end all, be all, basketball authority.

I like most college basketball teams. I'm a college basketball fan. I probably will still root for Louisville and Virginia. I used to root for Syracuse all the time. But I despise the ACC. Duke and UNC have been in UConn's corner, and UNC is not really hated by me, as much as I like to watch the biggest name in college bball lose just because they are the biggest name. Duke is Duke. Hated by all.

I have no idea why you're cracking on me being the greatest authority when you stated the players decommitted when they realized Louisville was leaving. That's ridiculous. You are ridiculous.

Reaction Score
And again, FOUR FRESHMEN, TWO TRANSFERS in the top eight, for all the running circles around us, the score was tied with 10 minutes to go in the game.

Teams have played with lots of freshman since forever. UConn played with 8 freshman in 2011. I have still never seen 6 men take the court. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
I like most college basketball teams. I'm a college basketball fan. I probably will still root for Louisville and Virginia. I used to root for Syracuse all the time. But I despise the ACC. Duke and UNC have been in UConn's corner, and UNC is not really hated by me, as much as I like to watch the biggest name in college bball lose just because they are the biggest name. Duke is Duke. Hated by all.

I have no idea why you're cracking on me being the greatest authority when you stated the players decommitted when they realized Louisville was leaving. That's ridiculous. You are ridiculous.

It was a joke about Louisville, just sarcasm. Guess I should have used a winky emoticon.

Reaction Score
Teams have played with lots of freshman since forever. UConn played with 8 freshman in 2011. I have still never seen 6 men take the court. Unbelievable.

So what, I mean what is the point, It was one play. Its not like I am on the sidelines coaching the team.

Reaction Score
So what, I mean what is the point, It was one play. Its not like I am on the sidelines coaching the team.

It's just a play I've never seen before. I've never seen that tech. Never saw that amount of disorganization, or lack for detail. As someone who coached youth sports, I know how it can happen--but... Gottfried s being paid.

caw

Reaction Score

UConn board, you came here and trashed UConn pretty consistently everywhere else. I'm a college basketball fan, I just think Gott is a mediocre coach. He's Rick Barnes at best.

Reaction Score
I guess I'll email Debbie Yow(running joke on our boards) and tell her to fire Coach Gottfried. Cant have a coach on the sidelines that doesnt know the game. She might question how NC State finished ninth in the nation in scoring last season though.

The Boneyard has spoken !

Reaction Score
I guess I'll email Debbie Yow(running joke on our boards) and tell her to fire Coach Gottfried. Cant have a coach on the sidelines that doesnt know the game. She might question how NC State finished ninth in the nation in scoring last season though.

The Boneyard has spoken !

Your coach has a track record. He's a sucky coach. WHy are you getting on us? Guy was bad at Alabama. He is now making previously never seen errors at NC State.

Reaction Score
UConn board, you came here and trashed UConn pretty consistently everywhere else. I'm a college basketball fan, I just think Gott is a mediocre coach. He's Rick Barnes at best.

Actually, I never trashed UConn. What I said on the Providence board were some UConn fans were as arrogant as UNC. If you are not an arrogant fan, then I wasnt talking about you. Also said most UConn fans would have loved to be invited to the ACC. I never talked down about your team, your staff, or your school. I own what I said.

Reaction Score
If you actually were on the sidelines coaching your team, it would be impressive considering how busy (stranded?) you are on The Boneyard. Just sayin'

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
PC over BCU? What team were we cheering for???
PC. They are like your friends annoying little brother. BCU is like the kid from next block over who is always shooting his mouth off but will never actually step up for a challenge. Fortunately, this year we get to remind them of what it was like to play UConn twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom