Summer transfers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Summer transfers

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I did watch his video and he does move well for a big kid.
Hope he is good enough to see the field

Given Beaudry's injury history, Leon and Steven Krajewski should be studying that playbook hard. Very good chance they see the field in 2019 even if they start the season on the bench.

Reaction Score
From talking to RE at the coaches event it sounds like Krajewski has no shot to start at this point. The Washington transfer is also no surprise based on his comments.

Can you tell us a little more? If he told you, he isn’t too worried about it being out there. I know Washington was having issues but I’d love to know where Randy sees Krajewski at this point.

Reaction Score
Kind of a stupid post. HC RE is definitely interested in winning
Someone is posting something stupid, but it ain't me. Edsall said it himself last year.

"“I could care (less) about how many we win or lose, I really could right now because if we don’t get the culture right, don’t get the program established"

Exactly as I have stated, the coach was more worried about "culture" than wins. And the players knew it, they ain't stupid.

Reaction Score
FWIW - Micah Leon had 500 yards rushing as a senior at Palm Beach HS in FL.
It was Boca Raton High. I read an article on him and he has an interesting history. He was originally at American Heritage in Delray Beach, but left after junior year as a player a year younger was the starter. (That kid went on to get a QB scholarship at McNeese St.) He transferred to Boca Raton and won the QB starting job. American Heritage ran the spread, but Boca Raton ran a more traditional offense Pro-I which is probably why his passing stats were not as high in high school. You couple only 1 year as a starter and a Pro offense and you get a lightly recruited HS QB.

At NC St., they had young QB depth. Before Leon left, they brought in a JUCO, a FR, and one walk-on FR so they had 3 RS SO, 1 RS FR, and 2 FR (one a walk on). Here is where the QBs ranked:

#1 Pro JUCO 2019
#18 Pro QB 2019
#16 Pro 2018
#29 Pro 2017

I think Leon has a pretty good shot to start. He has been training for 2 years at NC St. and he played high school football in a talent rich region in the largest school division.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Someone is posting something stupid, but it ain't me. Edsall said it himself last year.

"“I could care (less) about how many we win or lose, I really could right now because if we don’t get the culture right, don’t get the program established"

Exactly as I have stated, the coach was more worried about "culture" than wins. And the players knew it, they ain't stupid.

I’m pretty sure you have more money than the rest of us combined. Why can’t you buy us a new coach?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think Leon has a pretty good shot to start. He has been training for 2 years at NC St. and he played high school football in a talent rich region in the largest school division.

Thanks for the clean up. Keep thinking West Palm Beach when its Boca.

As for your assessment - agreed. Has 6'5'' frame, some mobility, been playing in a football savvy region, just spent two years in a program know for producing Pro style QBs. Now couple that with desire, some leadership ability and coachablility and see what happens.

Reaction Score

>>“I want to win just as much as anybody but we’re not ready to win yet,” Edsall said. “We have a lot of youth that don’t know how to win, don’t know how to pay the price yet because they haven’t been here, and I’m not criticizing but they don’t know. They’ll know, they’ll figure it out, they are figuring it out and we’ll get there but everybody wants to sprinkle the fairy dust, wants to put in the microwave for five seconds and think everything’s good. That isn’t what it’s all about in my book and if people don’t like it, tough (expletive).<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
>>“I want to win just as much as anybody but we’re not ready to win yet,” Edsall said. “We have a lot of youth that don’t know how to win, don’t know how to pay the price yet because they haven’t been here, and I’m not criticizing but they don’t know. They’ll know, they’ll figure it out, they are figuring it out and we’ll get there but everybody wants to sprinkle the fairy dust, wants to put in the microwave for five seconds and think everything’s good. That isn’t what it’s all about in my book and if people don’t like it, tough (expletive).<<

Crap, should have brought a microwave and jar of fairy dusty to one of the coaches road show events.

Reaction Score
I was just enjoying his colorful visual.

Coaches love microwave analogies...

"Pasqualoni said. "We kind of put him in there last year, but you don't do it in one year. This is not a microwave oven where you throw it in, set the timer and in a short period of time you're done."

""We live in a microwave society, an instant society, where we get on the computer and the computer tells us the directions," Palmer added. "With team sports, there are no shortcuts. You have to build it from scratch. You have to work at it. It doesn't happen overnight."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can’t allow the inmates to run the asylum.
Hopefully that wasn’t a distasteful comment.
Like I said, it was so successful in Maryland.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Like I said, it was so successful in Maryland.

Just to be clear. You think our players shouldn’t be held to any standards, and coaches should tolerate any and all levels of effort/types of behavior?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Because that was so successful in Maryland.

I never said Edsall's plan was a guaranteed success. I replied in response to someone stating Edsall wouldn't be dumb enough to overlook performance.
Reality is he has a long track record of doing exactly that if he feels the player isn't putting in the work Edsall believes the player should be putting in to getting better.

Reaction Score
I guess that while words matter, its all just oft heard coach-speak all said and done - nothing to get testicular torsion over.
I agree, but what coaches say publicly matters. Its always been issue with Edsall, when he talks, he's not just talking to the media. He's talking season ticket holders, he's talking to fans he wants to buy season tickets, he's talking to the current players on the team and prospective recruits. Who the hell wants to play for a coach who trashes current players like he does at times? He truly is cringe worthy when he talks.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The great Paul Brown was quoted when asked about annoying players - "We will tolerate you until we can replace you"
Well, this is what we are left with when we (HCRE 2.0) blame it all on the players. You could see this coming the last few weeks of the season. Now we have former players playing at GTech, LaTech ,Northern Illinois, Minnesota and Cincinnati (all at least potential Bowl teams) that must have had "perpetual" baggage.
In the interim, I hope we have answers to replace these experienced, veteran guys.
"Next man up" is a wonderful catch phrase, but our motto is "Next freshman up" or "next transfer up".
NEVER FORGET - all these transfers we brought in LEFT other programs. Who is to say they don't have perpetual baggage. "The Devil you know....."
Beavers left to Cinnci to be closer to family. Can't fault RE for that. Murphy was part of a mix and was never seen as having any baggage. No one ever said Tyler Davis was baggage. Our kicker lost his job to walk ons after not performing in the clutch. Again no "baggage there". Not sure why you are lumping in the previous transfers with these two?

Reaction Score
I agree, but what coaches say publicly matters. Its always been issue with Edsall, when he talks, he's not just talking to the media. He's talking season ticket holders, he's talking to fans he wants to buy season tickets, he's talking to the current players on the team and prospective recruits. Who the hell wants to play for a coach who trashes current players like he does at times? He truly is cringe worthy when he talks.

My only point is it’s not just Edsall... you can fill pages and pages of a thread w/ “cringe worthy”/“say what you really mean”/“huh” comments by successful (and unsuccessful) coaches across all spectrums of sports.

They are seemingly more amplified by social media redundancy now a days. Single comment gets picked up and morphed by multiple venues.

Reaction Score
Always had a sense that Washington didn’t have a place. You are the starter in the spring you should have a leg up but he never seemed to. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

Dixon not so much either. For all the supposed talent he was at best marginally productive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom