Summer transfers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Summer transfers

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So we've got a D2 transfer, a walk-on transfer, and a guy RE didn't trust to throw more than a couple dump offs in a 50 pt game last year battling to start at QB? That sounds promising.

Two years ago we had a fullback and guy that didn't use the laces competing. Last year it was the guy that didn't use the laces vs no one.

I like this year's story. DII king vs Palm Beach mystery wonder boy vs resident QB.

Reaction Score
From their limited playing time, I couldn't tell if Dixon was any good. He looked the part though. Wished he had more opportunity to play. Whereas, Washington was definitely not good.

Reaction Score
Dixon had ample opportunities to show his stuff. He was okay at best. I never saw him attack the ball with his hands or go up in a crowd ala Jeremy.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Washington got most of the reps in Spring and some playing experience last fall.

Exactly what I was thinking. Good thing we got him those live snaps last season!

Remember that guy who was trolling hard for Washington in the game threads and the post game threads? Have to watch the board where MW lands, LOL.

Reaction Score
Washington is disappointing just because we had some hope for him when we landed him and this officially puts an end to that, but based on everything going on last year this seemed to be the more likely than not outcome, and it seemed like a longshot he was the future.

Dixon leaving sucks

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So we've got a D2 transfer, a walk-on transfer, and a guy RE didn't trust to throw more than a couple dump offs in a 50 pt game last year battling to start at QB? That sounds promising.

Reaction Score
Exactly what I was thinking. Good thing we got him those live snaps last season!

Remember that guy who was trolling hard for Washington in the game threads and the post game threads? Have to watch the board where MW lands, LOL.

Oklahoma?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't think people on here thought Pindell was a problem at all. More people have mentioned that Pindell was the whole offense last year and we will miss him.

They were certainly in the minority but people definitely had qualms with Pindell. Without him I can't imagine we win any games.

Oh wait. That's going to be this season.

Reaction Score
They were certainly in the minority but people definitely had qualms with Pindell. Without him I can't imagine we win any games.

Oh wait. That's going to be this season.
If Edsall wins no games in year 3, is it worth giving him a 4th?

Reaction Score

If he wins zero in year 3, he’ll need 2-3 more years to get to 5 or 6 wins, that’s not good enough. I think he has to win 3+ games to justify a fourth year. I’m pretty sure the powers that be would give him another season regardless.

A lot of what happens will be up to the new president. What is his tolerance for failure? Is football important to him? We’ll see. I’d say he needs 2-3 wins this season to survive.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

If the spread in those losses is under 7 points a game in November, then yes. How they play the last four games will say a lot.

Reaction Score
Disappointing transfer. He some pretty good speed.
He was our kick returner and a key offensive player. This is bad. Losing Washington was not a surprise but losing Dixon hurts the team a lot.

Reaction Score
Unless the University somehow decides to get serious about football and brings in some very high price proven marquee coach who happens to be available for whatever reason (not happening), Edsall is not going anywhere until at least year 5 regardless of how the team performs this year. The administration is convinced that this is a 4-5 year rebuild and they are not going to cut it short and start over. I think we just gotta hope RE2 can make it happen...and hope we see at least some improvement this year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So MW's exit is the other big transfer news that was waiting to drop. There are two to three others we might hear about as well, but none are of the impact level that MW and KD could of had on the 2019 campaign.

Maybe the most damning thing anyone could say about this program is that Marvin Washington transferring is news.

He may be the worst player who has ever started a game as an FBS quarterback and spent most of the last few seasons acting like an arse on the sidelines.

Him leaving actually makes me respect Edsall a bit more.

Reaction Score
I’ve been figuring Beaudry is the QB since we got him. I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t win the job.
I think Beaudry will be a strong back up and a welcome addition to the team, but can't see Edsall giving the starting job to a division 2 QB over a freshman redshirt who was a solid three star recruit from Georgia, and Edsall's biggest recruit since he took the job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom