Summer transfers | The Boneyard

Summer transfers

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This one was rumored to be a possibility a few weeks ago. Not sure what happened this year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've heard we can expect a few other departures...but I will wait to see if the kids involved go public with it first.

The departure of Keyion Dixon explains why the staff said they are interested in finding a transfer WR.

Reaction Score
I've heard we can expect a few other departures...but I will wait to see if the kids involved go public with it first.

The departure of Keyion Dixon explains why the staff said they are interested in finding a transfer WR.
Disappointing transfer. He some pretty good speed.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
One of the biggest reasons this sucks is he's a CT kid that grew up loving UConn. From his commitment:

Keyion Dixon said he'll never forget one moment while watching his first UConn football game in 2010 at Rentschler Field, a 40-21 victory over Vanderbilt.

"I remember every detail of the Vandy game, Dixon said." I sat in the end zone, and Jordan Todman was great with 190 rushing yards. He had a 43-yard run and looked up after he was tackled.

"I felt like he was looking at me. I said to myself, 'That's a dream I'd like to achieve.'"

Dixon took a step in that pursuit when he signed his letter of intent with UConn in the Glastonbury High School library conference room Wednesday morning.

With his mother Selicia at his side, Dixon, a 6-3, 180-pound senior, put on his UConn hat and then put his signature on his letter of intent.

"If you put your mind to it, you can achieve great things," he said.

Dixon was stellar last season for Glastonbury with 1,514 rushing yards on 170 carries; he passed for 618 yards (26 of 58). The Tomahawks finished 8-2 and qualified for the Class LL Tournament.

"It has been my dream to play for UConn since I was growing up," said Dixon, an All-Courant selection on offense. "When you first think about it, you didn't think it could happen."

It has. He is a Husky.

Reaction Score
This one was rumored to be a possibility a few weeks ago. Not sure what happened this year.

Good luck to Keyion. But the staff saw this coming a while ago

Reaction Score
Keyion is exactly the type of player we need to recruit and keep. This one stings. But playing for coaches who are not interested in Ws is tough on good players. We need to change the culture in the coaching room.

Reaction Score

Ohhhh Snap! Didn't see that coming.. I thought he was going to be a kid that we'd rely on to blow off the top of defenses... one of our better WRs.. a little surprised...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Randy will probably add another WR transfer from Mars Hill College or something to make up for this loss

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he graduated? If not, he's going to have to sit out this year and be left with only one year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
no ifs ands or buts about it- this one sucks to lose.
He was extremely underutilized. Big fast could catch but had very opportunity’s to catch the ball.

Reaction Score
In hindsight, with our rebuild in play, might be a good idea for Keyion to go to a team where you have a QB in place that can get him the football consistently.. Reality is we have serious question marks on our end as to who can get him the football consistently.. I hate losing a 6'3 talent like that though.. Hate it...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Exactly. But he’ll be upgrading to a much better program

Where is he going? I don't get this one. We have some decent QB options this year. Does he fear ground and pound will be the offense?

Reaction Score
Where is he going? I don't get this one. We have some decent QB options this year. Does he fear ground and pound will be the offense?

He’s talking to a couple schools. The other schools have much better options at QB. No clue but it’s interesting he didn’t mention edsall in his announcement

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom