Summer transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Summer transfers

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
He’s talking to a couple schools. The other schools have much better options at QB. No clue but it’s interesting he didn’t mention edsall in his announcement

Most transfers haven’t mentioned Edsall. That’s usually how it works when a new regime comes in and players leave. Dixon was recruited by Diaco, he obviously feels a strong connection to him. I’m sure one of the reasons he isn’t coming back is because it’s not a good fit anymore (I’ll leave speculation as to whether Keyon felt this way or HCRE felt this way to someone else).

I wish Keyon the best of luck.

Reaction Score
He’s talking to a couple schools. The other schools have much better options at QB. No clue but it’s interesting he didn’t mention edsall in his announcement

Maybe he’s one of the players Edsall talked about that never bought in?
Not thanking the current staff after being here for a period of time shows that could be true..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Keyion is exactly the type of player we need to recruit and keep. This one stings. But playing for coaches who are not interested in Ws is tough on good players. We need to change the culture in the coaching room.
Just because a player decides to leave/transfer it isn’t always on the coaches. It could go both ways. Instead of assuming who’s at fault we should just focus on the kids that decide to stay and grind through whatever adversity arises and honor their commitment.

Reaction Score
I think we all need to understand that UConn's transfer numbers are not out of the ordinary for FBS football. Kids transfer for any number of reasons like coaching changes, playing time, perceived better opportunity, geography, family issues, grades, etc. If you look at the transfer portal (from 247), you can count kids that have transferred or are looking to transfer from their school. Here are some numbers:

Arkansas 19
Penn St. 19
UCLA 18
Arizona St. 16
Virginia Tech 15
Louisville 14
Arizona 13
USF 13
Michigan 13
SMU 12
Auburn 11
Nebraska 11
Rutgers 11
South Carolina 10
Texas Tech 10
USC 10
Cincinnati 9
Memphis 9
UNC 9
UConn 8
Oklahoma 8
Florida St. 8
Oregon 8
Boise St. 8
Miami (OH) 8
Buffalo 7
Temple 7
Alabama 7
West Virginia 7
Ohio St. 6
GT 6
Miami (FL) 6
Notre Dame 6

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So I suppose we are looking at a receiving unit as follows - 9 scholarship players for now:

Wr#1 - Hairston (tall guy) / Jeffreys (also tall guy) / Drayton (true frosh) / Clercius (true frosh)
Wr#2 - Maurisseau (fast guy) / Donaldson (experienced guy) / Ross (true frosh that could surprise this year)
Wr#3 - Brown (slot - but could see him at #1 as well) / Skanes or Burnett

WO pool: Moorhead (jr), Freeman (sr), Flynn (so?), Jordan (fr)

I think Ross has a good chance to play more than four games for us....and if we dont get a JUCO, then Drayton as well.

Lets remember that Zavier Scott could probably move to WR this summer as well.

Reaction Score
Marvin Washington just tweeted he's out too.... Down to 4 QB's...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
From Marvin Washington - twitter account is restricted

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So MW's exit is the other big transfer news that was waiting to drop. There are two to three others we might hear about as well, but none are of the impact level that MW and KD could of had on the 2019 campaign.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not good!!!

Shoulder shrug from me. There were rumors this winter that he was not in good standing with the program and availability this fall was not assured even if still with the program.

Its Beaudry, Leon and Steven Krajewski for QB with Zergoitis as your 'nothing to lose' super dark horse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With Edsall recruiting a D2 QB and a non-scholarship player from the land of future UConn QB's weren't most people here wondering what was up? This must have been it or lead to him deciding to leave rather than compete.

Reaction Score
Wrong type of player on paper to be leaving. Not a good look when opportunity abounds and he would be WR1. My confidence in RE2 is diminishing rapidly after last season, the recruiting job, the loss of 2 OCs, stubborn retention of a DC beyond horrible. No feeling any momentum with this program. Sad.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
These were two players pegged as possibly on the outs at the beginning of the spring program.

When Travis Jones, Kevon Jones and Kevin Mensah exit then I will panic.

Btw - another subtle sign this was coming....I cannot recall any accolades about QB play this spring from the staff. Very quiet - virtually nothing said.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I haven’t been paying much attention to the football team, but is it conceivable that we could be even worse this year? I guess as the defense gets more experience they should naturally improve, but will it likely be enough to offset the loss of Pindell on offense? I’m unaware of people’s general expectation around here.

I’m necessarily speaking to the record either, just our ability to keep games relatively competitive

Reaction Score
These were two players pegged as possibly on the outs at the beginning of the spring program.

When Travis Jones, Kevon Jones and Kevin Mensah exit then I will panic.

Btw - another subtle sign this was coming....I cannot recall any accolades about QB play this spring from the staff. Very quiet - virtually nothing said.
Maybe if Edsall has a spring game we could see what they brought to the table. Still can’t figure out why HCRE didn’t want to have it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe if Edsall has a spring game we could see what they brought to the table. Still can’t figure out why HCRE didn’t want to have it.

Budget.

Can't have a spring game with only two QBs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shoulder shrug from me. There were rumors this winter that he was not in good standing with the program and availability this fall was not assured even if still with the program.

Its Beaudry, Leon and Steven Krajewski for QB with Zergoitis as your 'nothing to lose' super dark horse.
Washington got most of the reps in Spring and some playing experience last fall. Not to denigrate Steve Krajewski in any way, but my observation of him close up in the Spring was that he looks like he needs more time in the weight room before he is ready to get on the field. I know Washington was having trouble staying eligible to play, yet I was hoping he was finally overcoming his issues and was going to have a break out year in 2019. I thought Washington and Beaudry would be competing for most of the quarterback minutes this year. Now Beaudry may become the starter without much competition. I hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score

my thinking with the others is that they've gotta be DBs... We were stacked with so many underclassmen at that spot...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I know Washington was having trouble staying eligible to play

Yeah - this was the rumor. Eligibility for fall 2019 was not clear because of various issues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom