Summer transfers | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Summer transfers

C

Chief00

I'm looking forward to seeing what Beaudry (at 6'5) can do for us... Big guy... They kid from NC State is 6'5 too... so maybe (just maybe) we might have something here....
Although we seldom got him the ball, Dixon was a receiver who created separation, as long as he was still giving the effort.
I really struggle to visualize who potential could be weapons.

Reaction Score
Although we seldom got him the ball, Dixon was a receiver who created separation, as long as he was still giving the effort.
I really struggle to visualize who potential could be weapons.
I agree 10000% on Dixon bro.. That's what concerns me now.. Quayvon (although on the smaller side) had success 2 years ago, but seemed like a forgotten piece last year. In all honesty, I thought he'd be the one announcing what Dixon announced. Buss is gone, Hergy is gone. Beals is gone... Lot's of questions on offense at QB and WR and, unfortunately, TE... BUT, there is some hope on that side of the ball... The OL ... We have just about everybody back there, which is HUGE... Which gives a chance... which has me thinking maybe we'll be able to run the football a lot better than we have over the past few seasons.. which helps (clock control).. Kinda ol skool, but it could help while we catch up throwing it down the field...

Reaction Score
The qb battle I feel is going to go down to beaudry and Krajewski. Beaudry comes in with D2 exp and Krajewski comes In as the highest rated recruit and has been in the program for a year now. Let’s not forget Krajewski comes from a power house high school and was coached by one of the best high school coaches. Should be a interesting battle. I think we will be ok with who ever wins the job as long as they get time to throw. The qb busting out 50 yard runs are probably over

Reaction Score
I haven’t been paying much attention to the football team, but is it conceivable that we could be even worse this year? I guess as the defense gets more experience they should naturally improve, but will it likely be enough to offset the loss of Pindell on offense? I’m unaware of people’s general expectation around here.

I’m necessarily speaking to the record either, just our ability to keep games relatively competitive
Always a chance we could set a new futility record. A few more folks leave, and that will be the end.

Reaction Score
It's late 2016, Diaco has finally killed his chances of returning as Head Coach. Think about what you were concerned about at that point and what you foresaw as potential for that team (lot of seniors on defense) in 2017 and medium term going into 2019.
Where are you now going into 2019 two and a half years later?
If you are not stupendously disappointed in HCRE2.0's eye discipline and execution you must have been very, very, very pessimistic in late 2016 (who saw no FBS wins in 2018?). With the talent he has accumulated as coaches and players someone give me some "how it could be worse" scenarios right now leading into 2019 so I can get a little more enthusiastic about HCRE2.0's execution to date.
I guess we could have no verbal commits for 2019, no QB's with FBS or FCS experience, no WR's with much career yardage, few TE's and a defense that was world class bad in 2018. Wait, isn't that what we have? So give me where HCRE2.0 has done GOOD.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I love all the guys that take every opportunity to criticize Randy Edsall. All he has done is put the best football team on the field that any UConn football fan has gotten the opportunity to enjoy. I have been a diehard fan since the Walt Nadzak days, and the run that we had with RE at the helm is unparalleled (Conference tiltes, bowl games, NFL players). He does it the right way, building a foundation that is sustainable. He is an awesome evaluator of talent, which is necessary to recruit at Connecticut. His integrity is off the charts. What happened since he left was criminal (The choice of the CT HS football coaches, The Broyles award winner). He deserves every bit of 5 years to right this ship.

Reaction Score
The qb battle I feel is going to go down to beaudry and Krajewski. Beaudry comes in with D2 exp and Krajewski comes In as the highest rated recruit and has been in the program for a year now. Let’s not forget Krajewski comes from a power house high school and was coached by one of the best high school coaches. Should be a interesting battle. I think we will be ok with who ever wins the job as long as they get time to throw. The qb busting out 50 yard runs are probably over

The more I think about things today the more I feel it comes down to how our OL fairs... If we can protect the guy slinging it enough, then, imo, it'll be a battle til the end... If we can't then Beaudry gets the nod... He's bigger and maybe takes a licking a little better (don't step on his foot though)...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I love all the guys that take every opportunity to criticize Randy Edsall. All he has done is put the best football team on the field that any UConn football fan has gotten the opportunity to enjoy. I have been a diehard fan since the Walt Nadzak days, and the run that we had with RE at the helm is unparalleled (Conference tiltes, bowl games, NFL players). He does it the right way, building a foundation that is sustainable. He is an awesome evaluator of talent, which is necessary to recruit at Connecticut. His integrity is off the charts. What happened since he left was criminal (The choice of the CT HS football coaches, The Broyles award winner). He deserves every bit of 5 years to right this ship.

Edsall made a few mistakes his first two years here. I think he has decided to go back to his old controlling ways in year 3. New age stuff with Crocker and Lashlee is gone. Old school football is back.

He also has a majority of the kids rowing his direction now...

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love all the guys that take every opportunity to criticize Randy Edsall. All he has done is put the best football team on the field that any UConn football fan has gotten the opportunity to enjoy.
Joe Gibbs won three Super Bowls. When he came back to Washington he was mediocre at best.

Reaction Score
The more I think about things today the more I feel it comes down to how our OL fairs... If we can protect the guy slinging it enough, then, imo, it'll be a battle til the end... If we can't then Beaudry gets the nod... He's bigger and maybe takes a licking a little better (don't step on his foot though)...
.........or his leg, or his head. Hope he stays healthy the entire season.

Reaction Score
I did watch his video and he does move well for a big kid.
Hope he is good enough to see the field

I hope the other guys are better and stay healthy so he does not see the field

Reaction Score
It might take more than 5 years. No one seems to want to be there.

Reaction Score
Beaudy is the guy in my mind. Not much different than a JUCO really. Experienced. Successful. I guessed Washington was gone when they added the last kid from NC State.

Reaction Score
Because that was so successful in Maryland.
He had Maryland moving in the right direction back to back bowls. But the move to the Big killed the momentum. Take out Clemson and the ACC is a great bssketball conference. Football not so much.

Oh and a side note. Guess how many sell outs Clemson had at home in 2018. Hint: if you put an extra letter in the word it would be the masked avenger of old California.

Reaction Score
I expected to lose Washington with the Beaudry addition and then we added to NC State QB to suggest more so things were changing. Dixon most likely wants to get to a place where he is thrown the ball more to showcase his skills. You can't blame him with one year to go. I expect we will have a more functional offense this year with the QB not having to run as much due to our o-line.

Reaction Score
His integrity is almost off the charts (#nepotism #DreamJob)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Nepotism? Really- look at what goes on at most College football programs and that is the definition of nepotism. Not underpaying your son as a position coach.

He screwed up on Dream Job- he screwed up, admitted and is trying to fix that with his actions.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

This is the moment you let the mask down and showed the world you're not a serious poster. You almost had everyone fooled there.

Reaction Score
Beaudy is the guy in my mind. Not much different than a JUCO really. Experienced. Successful. I guessed Washington was gone when they added the last kid from NC State.

I wouldn’t say much exp he played I think 10 games in 4 years, not to mention he got injured at the D2 level D1 I see him more injury prone

Reaction Score
It might take more than 5 years. No one seems to want to be there.
How about Tom Jackson? Or Skippy. Some of us have been around a while.
My only point is it’s not just Edsall... you can fill pages and pages of a thread w/ “cringe worthy”/“say what you really mean”/“huh” comments by successful (and unsuccessful) coaches across all spectrums of sports.

They are seemingly more amplified by social media redundancy now a days. Single comment gets picked up and morphed by multiple venues.
My point is Edsall flat out said he didn't care about wins. So when I repeat what he said, I ain't making it up.

And second, what effect does such statements have on the players?

Reaction Score
How about Tom Jackson? Or Skippy. Some of us have been around a while.
My point is Edsall flat out said he didn't care about wins. So when I repeat what he said, I ain't making it up.

And second, what effect does such statements have on the players?

... and I attached the rest of the quote(s) from the same media session you cherrypicked your quote from for context. Conflating a comment about not caring about the number of wins with not trying to win is disingenuous.

... I’m more concerned the players listen and take to heart what is said to them by their head coach/position coach one on one in offices, on the practice field, in film sessions and in the locker/weight room than what comes out of orchestrated dick-dick media interactions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom