Stone/Newman Crystal Ball | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Stone/Newman Crystal Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Possibly that. I was thinking more along the lines of a conversation he had with a UK guy this morning on twitter. The UK fan said something about an expert changing his pick to UConn for him and he asked him why. Malik responded by saying he hasn't said anything and don't assume anything.

You're right but that's kind of unnerving for us. With him reacting so strongly. I guess I can understand where he's coming from with not wanting anyone assuming they know what's going on in his head.

PS- I don't have twitter, I just use it to find out sports news so thanks for filling me in on stuff like that.

Reaction Score
You're right but that's kind of unnerving for us. With him reacting so strongly. I guess I can understand where he's coming from with not wanting anyone assuming they know what's going on in his head.

PS- I don't have twitter, I just use it to find out sports news so thanks for filling me in on stuff like that.

FWIW, here's the original tweet from the BBN goon:

Chad Baker‏@lyfeluvva
@iammaliknewman UCONN Malik? Fareal? u wanna go 2 a program that needs 2 keep players around 5 yrs to win? #BBN #TrustInCal #BecomeLegendary

Reaction Score
There are two things I take from that tweet:

1. He is annoyed by people who hit him up on twitter trying to influence his decision (why people would do that anyway, I don't know).

2. He, just like 99.9% of other top recruits, would prefer to play his recruitment as close to the vest as possible to build suspense and/or maintain privacy. The next time a recruit says, "hey, you know what, Jeff Borzello is right on, I'm leaning towards UConn" will be the first.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
You can bet the second Uconn started getting some buzz BBN started pelting the kid. Rabid fan base.

Reaction Score
I'm sure BBN takes as much credit for landing recruits as John Calipari does.

Reaction Score
I just like him and Stone really want to keep the recruiting quiet and private

Reaction Score
Man - we're truly through the looking glass in this era if people think winning with veteran players you developed is a great negative recruiting tactic.

a comment so nice you had to say it twice

Reaction Score
bmayuc said:
a comment so nice you had to say it twice

Got bit by the phone glitch monster. Don't think I even hit send twice - just took a while to go through and then there were two of them. Oh well.

Reaction Score
If we have players for a few years, wouldn't we have to be the aged cheddar?
We would. I've just never seen someone reference cheese when comparing basketball programs.

Reaction Score
Man - we're truly through the looking glass in this era if people think winning with veteran players you developed is a great thing to use for negative recruiting.
It's also pretty funny since the one year Cal actually cut the nets down was the one year he had a good mix of freshman and veteran players. Maybe that Kentucky fan should follow his team more closely.

Reaction Score
There are two things I take from that tweet:

1. He is annoyed by people who hit him up on twitter trying to influence his decision (why people would do that anyway, I don't know).

2. He, just like 99.9% of other top recruits, would prefer to play his recruitment as close to the vest as possible to build suspense and/or maintain privacy. The next time a recruit says, "hey, you know what, Jeff Borzello is right on, I'm leaning towards UConn" will be the first.

3. Newman likes the attention or he wouldn't even acknowledge the tweets

Reaction Score
tcf15 said:
We would. I've just never seen someone reference cheese when comparing basketball programs.

I think they'd be more like Limburger. When you're around them, you can pick up the stench.

Reaction Score
Man - we're truly through the looking glass in this era if people think winning with veteran players you developed is a great thing to use for negative recruiting.
Not to mention UK will have caulley-stein and Alex poithress as juniors next year. Are these fools really trying to convince kids that calipari will wave a magic wand and turn all these kids into lottery picks? There are only so many minutes in a game. A team with 10 McDonald's all Americans isn't going to have enough minutes for all of them to be stars. Poithress would be star in our system, in their’s he struggles for minutes and has to watch as we cut down the nets.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Actually WCS would been a late lottery to mid first round pick if he left (projected anyway). Polythress, you have a point there.

Reaction Score
Double post - can't delete on Forum Runner so I'll replace it with a joke

Q: What do agnostic, dyslexic insomniacs do?
A: Lie awake wondering if there's a dog
Sorry but awful joke.... the dyslexic part makes no sense, not even how dyslexia works anyway

Reaction Score
Newman got 3 votes for Mississippi St today. One by a Duke Insider, one from Jerry Meyer, and one from Drew Messmer. Interesting.

Stone also got 3 votes today. Split 1 each for UConn, Wisconsin, and UK.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
Sorry but awful joke.... the dyslexic part makes no sense, not even how dyslexia works anyway

Neither is the agnostic part - they don't really lie awake at night wondering about god.

But the insomniac part is pretty close.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Neither is the agnostic part - they don't really lie awake at night wondering about god.

But the insomniac part is pretty close.

But have you considered this?

fishy_pancake.jpg

Reaction Score
FWIW, Newman's dad, Horatio Webster, played at Mississippi State from 96-98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom