Stone/Newman Crystal Ball | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Stone/Newman Crystal Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When a coach watches a recruit, do they just watch? Or do they schmooze him afterwards? Ex) I understand KH and RM are the only ones watching Stone but if stone doesn't notice that committed interest then it probably doesn't matter if they were there or not. I assume Ricky walks over after the post game huddle and chats him up correct? But then how does that work if there are multiple coaches from interested schools in attendance? Logistics question

Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer claims that no one has followed Diamond Stone this week as much as the Wisconsin staff has. Hmmmmm.

Reaction Score
When a coach watches a recruit, do they just watch? Or do they schmooze him afterwards? Ex) I understand KH and RM are the only ones watching Stone but if stone doesn't notice that committed interest then it probably doesn't matter if they were there or not. I assume Ricky walks over after the post game huddle and chats him up correct? But then how does that work if there are multiple coaches from interested schools in attendance? Logistics question
I don't think coaches can interact with the players. They are only there to evaluate.

Reaction Score

There are other ways to make people know that coaches are there even if they don't directly talk to the players. They generally, if not always, wear a shirt with the schools logo on it. Additionally, there's always talk on the bench between players as to what coaches from whats schools are at the game.

Reaction Score
Enoch is a huge priority for us and so is Stone, one is a power forward the other is a center. Enoch is going to be one of the best players in this class, he has an NBA future.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Sharma is a heavy lean to Wisconsin - highly doubt they go after Stone unless they know Sharma is going elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Sharma is a heavy lean to Wisconsin - highly doubt they go after Stone unless they know Sharma is going elsewhere.

Well they are clearly heavily going after Stone and that is a fact. At one, point, perhaps still, the were the presumed favorite for the local 5 star big, Ellenson as well. Hopefully one of those kids pops first.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Enoch is dragging his heels, what about Koumadje? I would love a Newman/Stone and Enoch trio but if Enoch is unsure, I would also be happy to get Koumadje. 7'3" dudes don't grow on trees. They are the trees.

Reaction Score
@EvanDaniels: Antonio Blakeney, a five-star SG, tells Scout that he spoke to John Calipari today and he offered him a scholarship.

Just throwing this out there because this is the second guard UK has offered in 2015 with the only other being Newman.

Reaction Score
The things you here about Enoch, make you think he can be a stretch four in our system similar to Deandre, but with a bigger frame and maybe not as good ball handling. He and Stone together would be clutch. Newman to me feels like a huge stretch, in which case I would welcome back Ali, or be happy to land Jones. It is nice to see us be in a good place with so many potential impact players.

Reaction Score
The things you here about Enoch, make you think he can be a stretch four in our system similar to Deandre, but with a bigger frame and maybe not as good ball handling. He and Stone together would be clutch. Newman to me feels like a huge stretch, in which case I would welcome back Ali, or be happy to land Jones. It is nice to see us be in a good place with so many potential impact players.

I don't think us getting Newman is a stretch by any means. He really seems to like Ollie and knows that UConn can make him better while contending for a title. We may not be the favorites, but we certainly have a legitimate shot.

Reaction Score
How does he seem like a huge stretch?

Also, UConn is out of the Ali sweepstakes.

Reaction Score
@3uconn don't forget about Charles Matthews; they also already have him as a 2-guard commit.
Very very true. So with him Newman was the only outstanding offer that hadn't been taken yet for guards.

Reaction Score
Also, UK's 2 4 7 admin said he's getting the feeling that Newman is no longer Calipari & UK's #1 priority, being replaced by Jaylen Brown. That's not to say that UK wouldn't take Newman if he chose UK, but it's potentially a new wrinkle in his recruitment.

Reaction Score
How does he seem like a huge stretch?

Also, UConn is out of the Ali sweepstakes.
Rivals put out a video interview with Ali today where he said he is still considering UConn. Take it FWIW. Newman I feel like he is Uk's to lose but I'd love to be wrong.

Reaction Score
I get the sense that Stone is going to be a dogfight with Wisconsin up until November.

No idea on Newman, but I still think he'll go to Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I get the sense that Stone is going to be a dogfight with Wisconsin up until November.

No idea on Newman, but I still think he'll go to Kentucky.
Agreed, but with an asterisk: they seem VERY committed to each other in terms of a package deal, and I think if they do stick together, we have the best shot by far.

Reaction Score
@iammaliknewman: Stop trying to make me pick yo school…and stop saying who I'm leaning towards cause yall don't know…y'all just know the schools & who want

Reaction Score
@iammaliknewman: Stop trying to make me pick yo school…and stop saying who I'm leaning towards cause yall don't know…y'all just know the schools & who want
It's probably BBN.

Reaction Score
Not saying he's responding to this, but it could be:

Hall Atchison ‏@UKHallA 1h
This Antonio Blakeney guy looks custom made for the dribble drive...gotta get that guy now that Malik Newman seems to be leaning UCONN

Reaction Score

This Antonio Blakeney guy looks custom made for the dribble drive...gotta get that guy now that Malik Newman seems to be leaning UCONN
Possibly that. I was thinking more along the lines of a conversation he had with a UK guy this morning on twitter. The UK fan said something about an expert changing his pick to UConn for him and he asked him why. Malik responded by saying he hasn't said anything and don't assume anything.

Reaction Score

Looks like he is responding to some BBN guy (@lyfeluvva) who mentioned 247 picks moving from UK to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom